Tarot creation

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Alijay
OBOD Druid

Re: Tarot creation

Postby Alijay » 17 Aug 2008, 12:59

Knowing nothing much about Tarot , i will have a go at any thing , should be a good way of learning . :)
Thats great to hear Wintersundog :yay:
Go pop your name by the card you want to do,

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 17 Aug 2008, 13:03

Go pop your name by the card you want to do,
Alijay, either you or one of the Moderators of the forum will have to update the "list." Only the person who posted or a mod can update it. Well, and the admininstrators of course!
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 17 Aug 2008, 13:12

Oh thank you for letting me know, will add name when anyone asks,

Jarvisfamily4

Postby Jarvisfamily4 » 27 Sep 2008, 00:48

I havent' read all the posts yet, but you originally asked who was making their own tarot, and I am in the long process of collecting/taking pictures of nature that align with the meanings of the cards. Swords - quills, needles, teeth, horns, etc.
Cups/bowls: rock formations, craters, flowers, etc (Paul has a picture on his camara that is screaming "FOUR OF CUPS" to me when I saw it...)
Spirals instead of pentacles/coins, thinking of the vortecies in the earth being the earth-related symbol - snails, water spouts, clouds, waves crashing, etc.
Wands - sticks/trees.

A rough example would be the picture of the cow, two horns, being the two of swords:
A bull is represented either as the fierce, raging animal that charges ahead, unprovoked, or the stubborn "bull-headed' animal that won't budge, The swords represent action, and two represents balance. The card cautions you not to be too extreme, like the bull. Neither charge ahead without proper analysis, nor stick to your decision without considering options...

Of course, I'd word it a lot better and explain it more in depth.

But the idea is that as people then go aobut life, they can be reminded of the messages and lessons of tarot in everyday life. Remember the cautions, the balance, the good fortune, etc.

Another example was the snakes we just saw on our gathering weekend - There was meaning in that... just need to look at the cards and decide if that was a 'lovers' symbol, a 'three of spirals', or what it meant.
Deep in thought.... or not.

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 04 Mar 2009, 15:15

Hello all.. Those who are doing a major card can you please put it in the major Thread, asap :D
anyone not wanting to do their card can you let us know then it can be offered to someone else,

Iam going to put up the minors in the next week or so, Think we will do it in the way that has been mentioned
ie ace's, 2's 3's 4's etc each person doing 4 cards each, let me know what you all think,

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 04 Mar 2009, 15:47

Hi alijay.

What a fabulous idea. Put me down for 4.

Cheers.

Edited: 4 cards? What am I saying? Are we really doing 4 each?

Edited again: Thought about it and I will do 4. :D Just a little wobble of indecisiveness. Is that how you spell indecisiveness?

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 08 Sep 2010, 21:03

Hey you lot!!!!! :yay:
:where: anyone out there!!

Fancy getting this going again!!

Return to “DHP Tarot Creation Group”