Getting it organised

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Paul Mitchell

Getting it organised

Postby Paul Mitchell » 05 Sep 2008, 09:55

Hi there

Alijay and I have exchanged a few PM's regarding this project. I have my "project management" head on, coupled with a little compassion (but not so much that it gets in the way of the task).Here's an outline of a plan

This project will aim to produce a physical tarot card deck, created by participants from the Druids Head - OBOD discussion board

Participants will take on the design of individual cards. It is likely that people will need to design a fair few cards each in order for the project to complete.

There will, inevitably, be a cost in the production of completed decks.

We will need some people to take on particular aspects of the process. In principle it is suggested we need
1: Some one to over see the whole thing (Alijay?)
2: Some one to over see the sections of the deck, i.e some one for each of the suits and for the Majors
3: Some one to look into printing / shipping / cost issues (I have taken this on at Alijay's request)

We need a time table and participants will need to agree to stick to this.

When we've got a time table / process agreed, I suggest we utilise this sub-forum as constructively as we can. So, I see a thread for each of the suits, and one for the majors. We could see what happens next.

It would be polite to leave some space for "late comers" to the process.

People need to be prepared to get hassled by organisers to complete tasks on time.

The process is important here. People need to be able to contemplate, meditate and all that. Also, although we aim to produce a physical deck, something people can carry around and use, it doesn't need to comprise of pictures. So, if you think some musical score will do the job, write it out and put it on a card. Some words? Stick 'em on. A cartoon? Get going. We ARE limited by the need to print it onto card. HOWEVER we are not limited by "standard" definitions. If you can justify your intepretation in a way that makes it accesable to others, that's great. If you can't, well that might be great as well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The process is important. But so is the product.

It would be GREAT if people could provide a paragraph explaining their design. We might be able to get a small booklet produced with the cards as well.

If you want to use offensive images we'll talk about it.

Comments and ideas are welcomed.

paul
Check out http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ragingpagan
or... if you like your English Folk locked and loaded.. http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/madmagdalen

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Re: Getting it organised

Postby Snægl » 05 Sep 2008, 14:27

Sounds good! Thanks to Alijay and Paul Mitchell both for heading this up. :yay:

Personally, I like having deadlines as is forces me to plan better. I think that we're probably going to need a number of them for various stages of the process. I also think the length of the final submission deadline is going to depend on how many people end up working on the deck. If we have 78 people (one for each card) we could probably get it done in a month. But if we only have a core group of 10 folks or so, I would anticipating it taking longer.

Just to toss out some ideas, if we do end up with a smaller group, should we consider tackling the Major Arcana and then each of the suits in consecutive chunks? I have no doubt that this would lengthen the process, but it also might help to provide smaller definable units to work with.

So, those are just my ramblings. On a different note, do you want those of us who have already completed cards to re-post them in the Major Arcana thread?

Looking forward to the fun!
Cat
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Paul Mitchell

Postby Paul Mitchell » 05 Sep 2008, 17:50

Well, if we only have a few people we could challenge ourselves to take a number of each suit. So, I might take on all the 4's, for example. That way i get to consider each from a different point of view.
Check out http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ragingpagan
or... if you like your English Folk locked and loaded.. http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/madmagdalen

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Postby Snægl » 05 Sep 2008, 18:16

I was actually thinking along those lines as well. Seeing the numerological correlations between the suits would certainly a great exercise.
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 05 Sep 2008, 21:19

Hello There !

I will have a looking into shipping if you like?

Cheerz me dears

ps 'the Tower' awlmost done :o
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 09 Sep 2008, 09:39

Well, if we only have a few people we could challenge ourselves to take a number of each suit. So, I might take on all the 4's, for example. That way i get to consider each from a different point of view.
I was actually thinking along those lines as well. Seeing the numerological correlations between the suits would certainly a great exercise.
:idea: YES I like that idea,

Time scale
well how does around 1 month to six weeks sound for each card??
or given that most are doing two cards, should we aim for the majors to be in and done by first week in Dec
No pressure then as Oct,Nov and Dec can be quite hectic time for some
Then we can start the Minors in January

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Postby Badger Bob » 09 Sep 2008, 09:46

Hang on, I seem to have missed something. What is this all aboot? Are you designing a DHP tarot deck? One dabbles in paint and stuff if you need someone to fill in some of the minor arcana.

PS I'm not very fast though...

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 09 Sep 2008, 10:01

Hang on, I seem to have missed something. What is this all aboot? Are you designing a DHP tarot deck? One dabbles in paint and stuff if you need someone to fill in some of the minor arcana.

PS I'm not very fast though...
hello Badger Bob,
Yes that's just what we are doing, So grab your brushes and get on board, there are still a few majors left!!
have a look and i'll pop your name by one if you like

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 09 Sep 2008, 10:13

...should we aim for the majors to be in and done by first week in Dec
Oh yes! That would be enough time. Things have been a bit hectic lately here and I am soooo much more creative beginning in October. :grin:
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Return to “DHP Tarot Creation Group”