font size

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Explorer
OBOD Druid

font size

Postby Explorer » 09 Oct 2009, 07:14

Did the standard font size become smaller? I can hardly read the posts anymore. :-(
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

katie bridgewater

Re: font size

Postby katie bridgewater » 09 Oct 2009, 11:51

In the top right hand corner (just above the logout link) you will find a capital A which controls font size - perhaps you just clicked on that by mistake?

Explorer
OBOD Druid

Postby Explorer » 09 Oct 2009, 14:12

In the top right hand corner (just above the logout link) you will find a capital A which controls font size - perhaps you just clicked on that by mistake?
Brilliant! Thank you!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 09 Oct 2009, 14:23

Now that is worth knowing :-) , thanx , no longer squinting Ade
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 09 Oct 2009, 23:03

'logout' is on upper left on my screen, and no A on either side. I'd love a larger font - any solution?

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

katie bridgewater

Postby katie bridgewater » 09 Oct 2009, 23:24

I suspect your profile is set to Subsilver or Greenmiles2 - you need to join the Prosilver gang! All shall become clear. :)

You need to go to User Control Panel and click on Board Preferences. Select Edit Global Settings. You can select one of 3 options for My Board Settings. Choose Prosilver and submit. You should now have the same screen as me with a capital A in the top right corner which allows you to change text size if you click on it.

Hope it works for you, Donata.

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 10 Oct 2009, 04:54

Thank you! it worked.

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Darrel

Postby Darrel » 10 Nov 2011, 12:48

we all know How much important font size for reading specially foreign language.
I believe that font size is an important factor for the usefulness of a written resource for language learners, especially in the beginning when most words look unfamiliar to the eye and have to be perceived letter by letter.

Also the simple comfort of holding a nice object in one's hands may be very important for the learner who is challenged with reading in a foreign language. I think that we shouldn't take such things for granted like the shape and font-size of written language-learning resources.

When I read a book in German, I am much more sensitive to the size of the font than when I read in English. This is because I am a much more skillful English reader than a German reader. And if I was to read in a completely new language, I would be even more concerned with the font than in the case of German, with which I am quite familiar.

I ask all of you, do you care about the font size of written texts when you read in a foreign language more than when you read in your native language?
Upgrade to a Space saving Navien Tankless Water Heater
Check here one part of my Halo Action Figures Collection.

Elhonna
OBOD Bard

Postby Elhonna » 10 Nov 2011, 13:59

In you want to change quickly the font size, just press Ctrl while using the scroll wheel button of your mouse. It's very easy !

Personnaly, I don't care about the size, whatever french or english, but it may be because I'm used to read both languages now...

Return to “The Field Guide”