No Mail?

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
day_2k

No Mail?

Postby day_2k » 16 Dec 2010, 09:58

Hello there,

I am quite new here so I might acting as what some might call a n00b!!1, however I recieved an email to my registered email account (hotmail) telling me I had a message on this board, however on logging in the "private massage" section told me I didnt have any, I have also sent a few messages since and they seemed to send ok but there was nothing in my sentmail box of that section and I have no replies as yet.. (obvioulsy the no replies can't really be taken as a sign of it not working, I might just have said stupid things in my emails!)

Has this happened before? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Dave

skh
OBOD Ovate

Re: No Mail?

Postby skh » 16 Dec 2010, 13:37

Hi,

When you send a private message, it is put into your "Outbox" folder first, and when the recipient has read it, it moves itself to "Sent messages". Also, I think a sender can delete a message from their Outbox before the recipient has read it, maybe this has happened to you?

peace /|\
Sonja
I don't think anybody ever died thinking they loved people too much, or had too much joy, or made too much music.

day_2k

Postby day_2k » 16 Dec 2010, 16:00

Hi!

Thanks for your reply :)

Hmm, I guess there is a slight possibility of a slip on a delete key, but that doesn't explain the missing inbox message hotmail told me I had...

Would it be possible for someone to send me a test Private Massage and let me know here if it has sent?

Thank you in advance!

Dave

day_2k

Postby day_2k » 17 Dec 2010, 09:55

This seems to be ok now, Dont know what happened earlier.. Thank you for your help :)

MoonPryderi
OBOD Bard

Postby MoonPryderi » 20 Jun 2015, 14:16

I am having this same problem. I was told on my email that I had a message here but nothing arrived (not even by 3 days later) My reply also seems to have never been sent. When i clicked on Submit to send my message out it also never said it was sent. I tried several times

As i was in communication by email with the person who sent me a PM in the first place i knew for sure she had sent it. I dont think she ever got my reply either. My PM system just seems to be 'dormant'

Any suggestions ?
Moon Pryderi

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world .... Buddha"

https://dreamingpath.wordpress.com

2017Image

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 22 Jun 2015, 12:32

ok MP you should have a pm 'testing, testing' did you get it?
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

MoonPryderi
OBOD Bard

Postby MoonPryderi » 22 Jun 2015, 14:22

I got your email ok yes

i replied but no sign of it in my sent items or outbox and i also tried again twice and it insists you dont exist even though the link to your name is in the right place
Moon Pryderi

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world .... Buddha"

https://dreamingpath.wordpress.com

2017Image

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 22 Jun 2015, 14:35

Ok thanks - I will check into it
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Return to “The Field Guide”