A Curious Query Concerning Connections

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
jaxonlee
OBOD Ovate

A Curious Query Concerning Connections

Postby jaxonlee » 21 Nov 2012, 04:12

As widespread as we are, would it be possible to add a forum (wherein people can network/chat/etc.) that is subdivided by Country, Region, State, or whatever the prevailing means of geographic division would be? Also, would there be any interest in such a forum?

Cheers!

Jason

Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: A Curious Query Concerning Connections

Postby Selene » 22 Nov 2012, 03:00

Hi, Jason,

It's always possible to add a forum--the real question is, "Is there any reason to do so?" We've considered proposals similar to yours from time to time but we've come to believe that we gain more by being together than separating ourselves any further than we already are. As things stand, we have separate forums for the Southern Hemisphere, for Canadians, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Scandinavians, etc...and in general these forums get very, very few posts. We've found that the more we subdivide our interests, the less interest there is. :shrug:

That said, if there is a real need or widespread desire for something like what you suggest, we'd be happy to consider it again. If you want to pursue it, start a poll somewhere (Hearthfire if you want to open it to anyone or OBOD General if you're limiting it to members) and see what people have to say. If there are enough good arguments in favor, we'll revisit the question.

Blessings,
Selene
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

jaxonlee
OBOD Ovate

Re: A Curious Query Concerning Connections

Postby jaxonlee » 22 Nov 2012, 19:57

Hi Selene,

Thanks for the response, it was greatly appreciated. I can quite see the logic in maintaining a single community. All too often we allow ourselves to be divided by political boundaries, nationalities, and race: Druidry's antithesis indeed.

In the Peace of the Grove,

Jason

Return to “The Field Guide”