Mailing schedule

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Horizon
OBOD Druid

Mailing schedule

Postby Horizon » 08 May 2013, 02:37

I just received the intro pack with the first two gwersi. For some reason, I had thought I'd get the intro pack and the next pack together. So just wondering when the other packet with Gwersi 3 will arrive...will it be next month around this time or sooner than that??

Thanks

Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: Mailing schedule

Postby Selene » 08 May 2013, 04:23

It shouldn't be too long; I'd be surprised if it's more than a week or two at most. Sometimes the Intro and the first packet arrive at the same time, occasionally the first pack arrives before the Intro pack. I expect they really prefer it to be the way you've gotten yours so you have a chance to start working through the Intro (which are the first two lessons of the course, so don't think they're optional!) before you get the packet of four. But if you don't get it within the month you should probably send an e-mail to the office to find out when it was mailed. Once in awhile things go astray in the postal systems.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Whitemane
OBOD Ovate

Postby Whitemane » 08 May 2013, 11:47

Letters can pass one another, especially in international mail. Individual mail hoppers can get delayed for trivial reasons. The monthly Gwersi should be nice an regular and every month the sight of the envelope should make you smile.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

Horizon
OBOD Druid

Postby Horizon » 09 May 2013, 10:07

Second package arrived the very next day.

Alastríona

Postby Alastríona » 31 Jul 2013, 03:33

I just received the intro pack with the first two gwersi. For some reason, I had thought I'd get the intro pack and the next pack together. So just wondering when the other packet with Gwersi 3 will arrive...will it be next month around this time or sooner than that??

Thanks
Hi Horizon,
I am just curious, how long did it take you to receive your first batch of anything in the mail? I'm in the states as well and wondering what a typical time span is for the initial mail to arrive :)
Thank you!
/ˌælɑsˈtrinə/

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity..."
~ John Muir

Ghyslaine
OBOD Bard

Postby Ghyslaine » 31 Jul 2013, 16:42

Thanks
Hi Horizon,
I am just curious, how long did it take you to receive your first batch of anything in the mail? I'm in the states as well and wondering what a typical time span is for the initial mail to arrive :)
Thank you!
I'm interested to know as well! I only signed up last week, so I imagine it won't be until next week, but you never know.

Ghyslaine
OBOD Bard

Postby Ghyslaine » 02 Aug 2013, 14:42

Thanks
Hi Horizon,
Thank you!
My apologies for the double post, but I wanted to answer your question! I joined last Thursday, and received my introduction pack today. I'm in Nova Scotia, and it took about eight days (the post doesn't run in Canada on Saturday or Sunday, so yours will likely be quicker!) I hope this helps :)

Alastríona

Postby Alastríona » 28 Aug 2013, 18:25

Thanks
Hi Horizon,
Thank you!
My apologies for the double post, but I wanted to answer your question! I joined last Thursday, and received my introduction pack today. I'm in Nova Scotia, and it took about eight days (the post doesn't run in Canada on Saturday or Sunday, so yours will likely be quicker!) I hope this helps :)
Funnily enough, it was waiting for me in the mailbox even as I was typing that last comment. Thanks for your reply!
/ˌælɑsˈtrinə/

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity..."
~ John Muir

Leo123

Postby Leo123 » 10 Jan 2014, 13:26

intro pack and the next pack together. So just wondering when the other packet with Gwersi 3 will arrive...will it be next month around this time or sooner than that?? :shrug:

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 10 Jan 2014, 14:11

Leo, your intro pack should contain Intro Gwersi 1 and 2, plus some extra material, booklets, etc. The first packet (in a separate envelope) contains Gwersi 1-4, so if you have that, you already have Gwers 3. If you don't have two envelopes, the second should arrive very shortly; they won't wait a month to send it, but they don't send them simultaneously so you have a chance to work through the two Intro Gwersi first.

If you don't get it within a couple of weeks, write the office (office@druidry.org) and let them know, but I'll bet you get it within the next couple of days.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Avalon Rainsong
OBOD Bard

Postby Avalon Rainsong » 24 Mar 2014, 22:36

Leo, your intro pack should contain Intro Gwersi 1 and 2, plus some extra material, booklets, etc. The first packet (in a separate envelope) contains Gwersi 1-4, so if you have that, you already have Gwers 3. If you don't have two envelopes, the second should arrive very shortly; they won't wait a month to send it, but they don't send them simultaneously so you have a chance to work through the two Intro Gwersi first.

If you don't get it within a couple of weeks, write the office (office@druidry.org) and let them know, but I'll bet you get it within the next couple of days.
THANKS for this! I only got the intro pack today, although I enrolled, so I was a bit worried. Now all I have to do is wait. I'm just sorry I pestered the office with emails before finding this out. lol

Return to “The Field Guide”