Mental health and taking the Bard course

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
skepticskitchen
OBOD Bard

Re: Mental health and taking the Bard course

Postby skepticskitchen » 22 Jul 2015, 16:27

I struggle with depression, combat related ptsd (I'm a combat veteran), and bi-polar disorder. I've found the course to be very therapeutical in coping with depression and bi-polar disorder, meds help with ptsd. The sacred grove meditation calms and centers me, and I get a noticeable boost in energy when undertaking the light-body exercise. That means I can only do the LBE in the mornings or afternoons when I'm already awake cause I lose sleep if I do it in the evening or before bed.

After reading through the gwersi (I'm up to 28 now), I can understand the warning for those with schizophrenia or psychotic disorders because traveling to the inner otherworld could cause problems with delusions and a recognition of real vs fantasy.
Yours in the Peace of the Grove,
/|\ Colley y Bara

Return to “The Field Guide”