Best new religion?

Important board announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this message board. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Hosts: Art, Selene
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
katie bridgewater

Best new religion?

Postby katie bridgewater » 08 Feb 2016, 21:42

Dear everyone.

I thought I'd post here as there might be the odd person who doesn't see our posts on facebook.

Corwen and I have entered our Midwinter Bear Feast in a US-based competition for 'Best New Religion'.

The first round is based on social media votes, so it would be great if as many as you as possible could click on the link below to our entry and 'like' our entry. You can read a concise description of what we do there too. About 75% of the regular attenders are also OBOD members, or involved in Druidry in some form or another so there is a great overlap in what we do.

The 6 entries with the most votes will go on to the next round, to be judged by a panel. If we win, we plan to spend any prize money on equipment and large canvas tents for our annual summer and winter camps. We also are still looking for a willing and trustworthy US resident who would be able to claim the prize on our behalf, should it come to that so please PM me if you are able perhaps to help.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/92ndstreetY/ap ... r-12511567

Green Raven

Re: Best new religion?

Postby Green Raven » 09 Feb 2016, 12:21

Hi Katie,

Long time admirer of your and Corwen’s work.

I am intrigued by your Bear Tribe movement based on Finnish Bear Shamanism (and other elements). Best of luck with the competition (and getting the funding).

I have always felt that ancient druidry developed/ evolved out of those far off in time beliefs. Tracable to the Palaeolithic, aspects certainly survived into the Bronze Age – the three realms of Earth, Sky and Ancestors plus the one that is never mentioned – here, all linked by Water, the transtion element. The Stonehenge complex and spiritual journey describes that and the recently discovered revolution from Earth realm focus to Sky realm focus at Durrington Walls. The gods have striking Iron Age parallels: Ukko, god of thunder and sky seems to correspond with Taranis; Tapio, forest god – Esus/ Cernunnos/ Smertrios; Jumi, fertility deity with aspects of Taranis, Creiddylad and Dahut. The hero Ahti echoes aspects of Cu-Cúchulainn and Lugh/ Lleu. Plus the rest of the full pantheon. Emphasis on sacred poetry and song also.

And of course, The Bear, Arthur, Y Mab Darogan, King Once and King To Be, Defender of the Britons, who embodies hope to us and sleeps now as the bear sleeps in winter, waiting for a new golden spring of prosperity and justice under his reign.

I have always felt that the thousands of years of spiritual searching, shamanic insights handed on by oral tradition, ritual and celebration, reached its full, marsh pool-deep, spiritual complexity as held and taught by the Druids to the general population of the Britain Isles and mainland Europe until the prohibitions of Claudius.

So whilst I seem to be catered for and not actually joining, I feel there is much we can learn from each other. Please stay in touch as the boards can always do with intelligent and educated insights from our first cousins. Your musical and masterly craft skills, producing the ancient sounds accurately and joyfully, remain legendary.

How do others feel about the relationship of say, Shinto, Hinduism, Taoism or authentic tribal shamanisms to the new druidry? At what point should visions give way to the new truths of science and secular philosophy? And trance states to ceremony? How to discern fashion and fantasy from authentic new visions and understanding?
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

Little

Postby Little » 10 Apr 2016, 16:47

is druidism a religion?

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 10 Apr 2016, 17:37

is druidism a religion?

Welcome here Little :shake: Here are some useful links which will provide you with further insight about us and may be helpful...

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=45196

with best wishes,

Heddwen

Little

Postby Little » 12 Apr 2016, 23:59

Thank you for your help I discovered that there is only one source of life and out of respect we follow the makers rules and to have rules is to rule making the source of life a Deity The Goddess. The one true Goddess Goddess of light Druidess. I discovered the definition of deity and its a bit messy but parts I understand and make sense exept I have only discover one Goddess so the explainations of deity must be corrected and Druidism must do its own soul searching if they want eternal life and Heaven. I feel sorry for those who dont know the Goddess and feel even more sorry for those who know and wont get a grip on reality.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 13 Apr 2016, 09:47

Thank you for your help I discovered that there is only one source of life and out of respect we follow the makers rules and to have rules is to rule making the source of life a Deity The Goddess. The one true Goddess Goddess of light Druidess. I discovered the definition of deity and its a bit messy but parts I understand and make sense exept I have only discover one Goddess so the explainations of deity must be corrected and Druidism must do its own soul searching if they want eternal life and Heaven. I feel sorry for those who dont know the Goddess and feel even more sorry for those who know and wont get a grip on reality.

Hi Little, OBOD druidry is a path that is welcome to those who have a deity/deities and those who have none - polytheists, monotheists and atheists...everyone really! It is open to those of all religions and those who have none.

I hope that helps in some way.

Many Blessings, Heddwen. :)

Return to “The Field Guide”