Posts not showing up

Subforum: How to Use This Message Board
Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Posts not showing up

Postby Aphritha » 29 Dec 2012, 18:30

I have attempted to make two posts this morning, but neither are showing up when I click to submit. Why is this?

Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: Posts not showing up

Postby Selene » 29 Dec 2012, 20:19

Were they very long, or did you spend a very long time writing them? If so, you might have exceeded the character limit or the time limit the board imposes on posts. If, however (and more likely), neither is the case, I'd guess it was a board glitch. It's always a good idea to compose offline if you have a substantial post to make so that when the rare but inevitable glitches occur, it's easy to repost. Not that I ever remember to do it myself until it's too late... :???:

If it keeps happening, I'd try rebooting my computer--sometimes it seems to be a computer glitch instead of a board problem.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 29 Dec 2012, 20:46

Thanks Selene. I was kind of taking my time...

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 29 Dec 2012, 21:53

What's happened to me a few times is that I've written a long reply to a post and when I published it realised that I've been logged off and that everything I've written has been lost.

I have a feeling that if you're not active for a while the board automatically logs you off.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lily » 29 Dec 2012, 23:33

If you've put a lot into a post and took your time, it's a good idea to quickly copy it over to a word doc so you don't lose it.
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

BlazeLeeDragon
OBOD Bard

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » 30 Dec 2012, 00:22

I have attempted to make two posts this morning, but neither are showing up when I click to submit. Why is this?
I've had the same issue if it goes to long try and highlight the whole post and press ctrl+c this will copy it, then if it doesn't post go back to the thread and hit ctrl+v this will paste it all and then when you hit submit it should work :)
May the peace of the season find you,
Blaze Dragon

Image Image

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 30 Dec 2012, 10:45

If you've put a lot into a post and took your time, it's a good idea to quickly copy it over to a word doc so you don't lose it.
Yes, lesson learnt... sort of. If I know I'm going to write something long, then I prepare myself. When I start writing a short text and it becomes long with lots of edits, then I send it, still in a "short text" mentality, which is when it's lost. :roll:

Of course, it helps now that I have it permanently logged on on my computer. Then I don't need to remember. :grin:

Return to “Navigating Through the Message Board”