ritual for 12 year old

In the Druid tradition, each of the great “rites of passage” is marked in the calendar by one of the fire-festivals: death, or Parting, is marked by Samhuinn, 31 October to 2 November, when the old Celtic year ends and there are three days of No-Time before the new year begins. Birth, and consequently Naming, is marked by Imbolc on 1/2 February—the time when the snowdrops appear and we can sense the first stirrings of spring. Mating, the Great Rite of making love, is marked by Bealteinne on 1 May, when the forces of spring are in full flood. Marriage, the formal recognition of having found a long term partner after the explorations of the spring time of one's life, is marked by Lughnasadh on 1 August. This forum is for discussing the ceremonies and customs associated with each festival and for all of the rites of passage in our lives.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Kwibus75
OBOD Bard

ritual for 12 year old

Postby Kwibus75 » 22 Sep 2012, 22:23

Hello,

Are there any rituals in Druidry for 12 year old people who come form childhood to young adults ?
I would like to do some ceremony for my daughter. Is there a tradition in the UK with OBOD to do this ? Or can somebody give some advice or tips to website with nice texts to use ?

sincerely,

Véronique.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Re: ritual for 12 year old

Postby Aphritha » 23 Sep 2012, 16:10

Good question. I've been wanting kid friendly rituals myself. I've got a 6 year old that's dying to participate.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lily » 23 Sep 2012, 19:35

For the first question - does she want it? because this is a time when kids can feel awkward and they do not want to be the center of attention. OTOH there is no official ritual so you might have to get creative.

for the second - I think I just ran across a book on ceremonies with (not for, as the first question was looking for) children... but I can't recall.
All I know is that they find lengthy, adult ceremonies boring. The youngest one we've had successfully participate was 10.
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

ecstaticearth
OBOD Bard

Postby ecstaticearth » 23 Sep 2012, 23:31

Reading your post I am assuming you are seeking a girls rites of passage ritual?

If so these websites offer a couple of ideas which you could adopt and personalise for your particular practise and your needs.

http://lairbhan.blogspot.com.au/2011/12 ... e-for.html

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=frz ... wQ6AEwBjgU

Return to “Rites of Passage”