Druid's Head Pub logo

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
skydove
OBOD Ovate

Druid's Head Pub logo

Postby skydove » 20 Aug 2010, 18:48

My husband John was reading an old AA book, The Illustrated Guide to Britain's Coast when he shouted me and said 'here's that old druid's head coin on your druid grove message board. I had a look and low and behold it was, under an article about the town of Amlwch. This town is situated high on the north coast of Anglesey. It said that at the beginning of the last century it was the busiest and most prosperous part of Anglesey with up to 1,500 men women and even children working high on the lunar industrial landscape of the nearby Parys Mountain to produce 80,000 tons of top grade copper ore a year. So good was the copper that when the country ran short of copper coinage at the end of the 18th century the Parys Mountain copper company minted its own coinage, 250 tons of pennies and 50 tons of halfpennies, each with the company's initials on one side and a druid's head on the other - notably our druids head coin of the logo!
Image 2010 SB Image2011 LI Image Image2011 SB
'much of what she heard from the trees was her own self echoed back'
http://www.suerodger.moonfruit.com/.
December 2013 Seminar - Mask Making with Plaster Bandages

treegod
OBOD Druid

Re: Druid's Head Pub logo

Postby treegod » 20 Aug 2010, 19:20

Wow, interesting find :)

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 20 Aug 2010, 20:50

And readily available on ebay fro a reasonable price:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NORTH-WALES-HALF-PEN ... hMilled_RL
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 25 Aug 2010, 11:40

And readily available on ebay fro a reasonable price:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NORTH-WALES-HALF-PEN ... hMilled_RL
Yes I got one on ebay and it is and feels very special and is now part of my altar :)
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re
ImageImage
Image :daraoi: :awen:

Return to “The Common Quest”