My Dream...

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
TaintedxxBright

My Dream...

Postby TaintedxxBright » 07 Mar 2014, 15:03

I wanted to post a dream a had many years ago that I have always thought to be very significant. After reading up on Druidry...I can see some things that are striking a cord within me that might pertain to a path within the order.

I am on the edge of a vast forest that is emanating a blue glowing light from within. I see a beautiful white horse coming towards me and I greet her and stroke her face and neck. She walks behind me and when I turn around to call out to her, she has turned into a beautiful woman dressed in white, with long white hair. She takes my hand and tells me I must come with her into the forest. We follow a path into the forest and the blue light keeps getting brighter. Suddenly we are in a small clearing and I can see the source of the light. There is a small wooden table with various things on it... bowls, a book etc. And I see the source of the glowing light...a wand that is emanating blue light is hovering above the table. She turns to me and says "I can no longer use this wand....you are the Fourth Daughter" Then she is gone. I walk over to the table and take the wand in my hands. A book on the table is open to a page...I read it. I then walk to the middle of the clearing and say "Gods of wind...run your windy fingers through my hair...."(there is more I say but I cannot remember it) The wind starts blowing fiercely, the leaves fly through the air all around me, and the clouds in the sky are rolling over on each other. Suddenly everything stops in a freeze frame...leaves suspended in the air...trees bent in a sway...still. Then I look up to the right and a huge crimson red cloud envelops other clouds in the sky.

That is all I remember. I have tried to search certain things in this dream...like The Fourth Daughter...I haven't been able to find anything though. Just thought I would share and see what you all think and please feel free to share any dreams you feel are significant to your spiritual journey.
=)
I am this tainted, brighter shade...
of screams that sing, through clarity's ring.
The pieces, broken, were all....transfixed.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Re: My Dream...

Postby Aphritha » 07 Mar 2014, 16:17

Wow. That's a very detailed dream; most like a story!
It does indeed seem that you're being led somewhere. If you feel the place is Druidry, I'd recommend doing some research on it and seeing if it fits. I think OBOD offers a sample pack, though there are many other branches of Druidry you can explore.
As to the 4th daughter reference, that is very interesting. What does the number 4 mean to you? When I think of it, it conjures up images of the elements, though it may be different from you. Could it mean you are born of the elements? You could check into some numerology resources and see if you find anything that rings true there. Or, could the reference simply be coming from a family standpoint? Are you the 4th child, or in the 4th living generation?

TaintedxxBright

Postby TaintedxxBright » 07 Mar 2014, 17:13

As to the 4th daughter reference, that is very interesting. What does the number 4 mean to you? When I think of it, it conjures up images of the elements, though it may be different from you. Could it mean you are born of the elements? You could check into some numerology resources and see if you find anything that rings true there. Or, could the reference simply be coming from a family standpoint? Are you the 4th child, or in the 4th living generation?
I too have thought of the 4 elements. Also I have looked up the number 4 and found it is a very interesting number...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_(number)
There is also the four directions, North South, East, and West...also 4 weeks in a lunar cycle....
I am the first born of my parents. I am the firstborn daughter of my mother, who is the first born daughter of her mother...but i am not sure if my grandmother or her mother were the firstborn daughters...I would have to find out. =)

JamesNewell

Postby JamesNewell » 07 Mar 2014, 22:04

In a large library, I can sometimes find something about a question/problem by walking slowly down the stacks, trying to feel for a book which might have information I want. This is in a state of meditation and is a reaching out of energy and intuition, not words. When a book sort of calls to me, I pull it out, and sometimes can just open it to something helpful. Other times I have to actually read it.

You might try this on your questions about your dream. You might or might not be able to do it, but if you can, the success will probably surprise you.

Jim

TaintedxxBright

Postby TaintedxxBright » 07 Mar 2014, 22:08

Thank you for the idea Jim. That seems like something I may be able to do as I am a very good "finder of things"...when things go missing somewhere if I clear my mind and become open I can just walk around and find the missing item. Though I never thought to use my gift in the way you do.... =)

ideagirl
OBOD Bard

Postby ideagirl » 13 Apr 2015, 01:15

That's such a fascinating dream that I can't help but ask if you've come to any further realizations since posting it.

Return to “The Common Quest”