An Earth Day Meditation

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
O Dri

An Earth Day Meditation

Postby O Dri » 24 Apr 2015, 19:04

Hello all! I recently wrote this Earth Day meditation (April 22nd in the US) so that friends on my Facebook that are not a direct part of the Green Path might feel for a few minutes how I feel on a daily basis. Feel free to use this however you wish, if at all.

"Go outside for a minute or two and find a tree, one that catches your eye. Imagine as you look at the tree that you can see all the light from the sun hitting the individual leaves as energy. Make that energy any color that speaks to you. See the energy get absorbed by the leaves and watch it travel through the smaller limbs into the trunk. Imagine you can see through the ground to the roots of the tree and witness the energy flow through the trunk into the root system. Watch as that energy from the sun pulses out in a circle around the tree, the energy dissipating and getting absorbed by the grass, shrubs, flowers...

You just saw a small part of the miracle of what it means to live on this planet. Earth is a living, breathing multitude of organisms...as large as the tree you picked, as small as the ant running between the blades of grass.

We are not owners of Earth, just its stewards, and we're failing miserably. Maybe if everyone took a few minutes to marvel at the wonder in the mundane tree we could start moving forward."
"We sketch monsters on the map because we find their presence comforting. They guard the edges of the abyss and force us to look away, so we can live comfortably in the known world...at least, for a little while." ~ John Koenig

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." ~ Chief Seattle

Mike - O Dri - Massachusetts

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: An Earth Day Meditation

Postby DaRC » 27 Apr 2015, 11:57

A good thought, I wish there was more of this idea when earth day is promoted via social media.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Return to “The Common Quest”