Just to say Greetings to one and all!

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
Louise

Just to say Greetings to one and all!

Postby Louise » 24 Sep 2012, 20:46

Hello, my name is Louise :shake:

In the last week I have become a member of OBOD, started on the Bardic grade and am very happy :grin: to be here!

I have great hopes of the Bardic course helping in my self development, awareness and creativity and opening me up even more to the wonders of nature - so, no pressure there then!! :???:

I look forward to conversing/maybe meeting you in the future!

Blessings to all

Louise :)

cunning_murrell
OBOD Bard

Re: Just to say Greetings to one and all!

Postby cunning_murrell » 24 Sep 2012, 22:57

Hey Louise my name's Jay and I'm also a new member. :hiya:

I've been intrested in nature worship since my mid teens, constant visits to my library and conversations with my then Wiccan neighbor.

Over the years through various circumstances I became distracted, focusing on the stresses of modern life and veering away the path. I still go for woodland walks and sit under the big oak but I lost the confidence, dicipline, and focus.

I'm hoping that with proper structure and guidance I can pick up where I left off and continue my journey safe in the knowledge that I'm not walking the path alone.

Good luck with course and Blessed Be :shake:
"To thine own self be true and it must follow as the day the night thou canst not then be false to any man."
(William Shakespeare)

Louise

Postby Louise » 25 Sep 2012, 00:50

Hi Jay

Thanks very much for your support, I really appreciate it!

Yes, I can remember as a child and young teenager I was fascinated with nature (probably not so much worship for me, but certainly in awe of), but school, college, life, etc.. does seem to have conditioned it out of me, that is until now, maybe a little late in life, but I'm getting back to where I should be and loving the journey! I have had some amazing experiences through Mother Earth at Sacred Spaces mainly, she has truly helped me to heal - keep sitting under your big Oak, she/he will help you with your guidance, trees are so empowering!

I am fortunate enough to have a good friend who's already qualified in the Druid grade with OBOD, so talking to him and hearing about the way of Druidry and it's love of nature and Mother Earth, it all felt right, rang true, if you know what I mean - so here I am!

Many blessings for your journey, I know it will be great!

Louise

Seawolfman
OBOD Bard

Postby Seawolfman » 25 Sep 2012, 10:11

Hey Louise my name's Jay and I'm also a new member. :hiya:

I've been intrested in nature worship since my mid teens, constant visits to my library and conversations with my then Wiccan neighbor.

Over the years through various circumstances I became distracted, focusing on the stresses of modern life and veering away the path. I still go for woodland walks and sit under the big oak but I lost the confidence, dicipline, and focus.

I'm hoping that with proper structure and guidance I can pick up where I left off and continue my journey safe in the knowledge that I'm not walking the path alone.

Good luck with course and Blessed Be :shake:
Hello louise,
Welcome to obod.
Im working through the course for the second time myself. Its a wonderful journey, but i think, for me, the need and sense of urgency the first time around, hampered me a bit. This time, im far more relaxed and accepting of the natural unfolding of things without the need to rush steadfastly on to the next gwers.
Its a wonderful journey and i wish you
The best of everything as you watch and experience it unfold
Many blessings
Seawolfman
Practice, practice ,practice and all is coming ( sri K. Pattabhi Jois)

CODE: SELECT ALL

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 25 Sep 2012, 13:45

Hi Louise! :hiya: I hope you have a great time here! |-)

Cheerrrrzzz,
Michael

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Blyth
OBOD Ovate

Postby Blyth » 25 Sep 2012, 18:41

Hello and Welcome, Louise :)
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
— Mahatma Gandhi

Louise

Postby Louise » 03 Oct 2012, 18:52

Blyth, Michael and Seawolfman

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome and my apologies for a delayed reply.

Thanks particularly to you, Seawolfman, for your comment about taking your time - that has chimed true with me as I really do want to get on to the next gwers and know it all so quickly, but it is so important to take it in at the right pace - thanks for reminding me of that! :)

Blessings to all

Louise

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 03 Oct 2012, 20:20

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome and my apologies for a delayed reply.

Thanks particularly to you, Seawolfman, for your comment about taking your time - that has chimed true with me as I really do want to get on to the next gwers and know it all so quickly, but it is so important to take it in at the right pace - thanks for reminding me of that! :)

Blessings to all

Louise
By the way, have you signed up for the Member's Forums yet? If you have not, just scroll down to the Deeper into the Forest section on the Main page of this board, click on it, and follow the instructions from there. :D

All the very best wishes,
Michael :tiphat:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Seawolfman
OBOD Bard

Postby Seawolfman » 09 Sep 2014, 21:04

Blessings to all

Louise
An absolute pleasure Louise,as you can see i took my time with my response ;))
how goes it with you are you swimming through or just basking in the bardic sun
peace and tranquility to you
Seawolfman
Practice, practice ,practice and all is coming ( sri K. Pattabhi Jois)

CODE: SELECT ALL

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”