~50 word story-line anyone?

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: ~50 word story-line anyone?

Postby ShadowCat » 17 Sep 2014, 09:34

that most men fear: the height of power, where maturety and the approaching power of the crone merge. "Men...." she sighed. She walked around their dwelling, to the paddocks there. When we have to ride to battle afar, we better get going, she thought. Whistling sharply, she called their trusted mounts to the fence. And with a thunder they came, clouds of dust billowing. Their fierce mounts, a pair of giant ....
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Armitage
OBOD Bard

Postby Armitage » 30 Dec 2015, 18:29

the Great Raven...again, these thoughts of defeat and death! She shook her head, hard. But something was wrong; the horses neighed and shuddered, and Ciar's eyes grew wide, looking past Aingeal. Gripping Ciar's mane for support, she turned. A hag, clutching a ragged, bloody shirt. Black caverns where eyes should have been. Opening her toothless mouth to shriek.

malcolmb
OBOD Ovate

Postby malcolmb » 07 Jan 2016, 15:17

“Behold, the blood of Nemain, treacherously murdered by your Druid kin. I Macha, last of the Three, curse this Land. May famine rule, may pestilence gorge on the living earth, may death be your only salvation.” Lifting her withered arm
Peaceful Earth Grove: http://www.peacefulearthgrove.com/

My original "Druid Music" CDs (all proceeds to the charity "Pagan Aid":
https://lylemusic.bandcamp.com/

My original Celtic / Folk / Jazz music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/lylemusic
http://www.soundclick.com/malcolmbrown
http://www.youtube.com/user/LyleMusic

“So many Gods, so many creeds, so many paths that wind and wind. While just the art of being kind, is all the sad world needs.” Ella Wheeler Wilcox

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 07 Jan 2016, 15:29

the hag touched Ciar on her velvet muzzle. Eyes rolling back, the great horse crashed to the ground. After a last shudder Ciar grew still. Aingeal threw herself on the smooth black neck, weeping, cursing, swearing, shrieking. After an eternity, looking up, Aingeal saw that the hag had vanished. In that moment, she felt the black coat of Cian, wet with tears, move again. Agast, she saw that her horse was alive... sort of....
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 08 Jan 2016, 10:17

but dead inside, spirit-less, the gleam of energy gone from Ciar's eyes. From the corner of his eye John thought he saw a mote of light rising from the Clydesdale and then a black arrow shot from the rafters aimed at the mote. As his eye saw, so his mind answered: Corax! Meanwhile Aingeal, distraught, looked in horror as the beast, flanks shuddering with unnatural effort tried to rise...
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Squirrel.Boughsong

Postby Squirrel.Boughsong » 06 Feb 2016, 22:47

Jounrnal Entry #1
My partners here at the lab do not believe I developed a spray that causes vegetarianism in hungry lions.

For my first experiment I have covered myself in the spray, I should be virtually invisible as I step into the cage.

Please stand by for my Report:

BEACH AND BEAR

Postby BEACH AND BEAR » 08 Sep 2016, 12:27

and this children is the story, told around many Grove fires, for eons. It's meaning, well, the folly of all mankind lies not in the attempt, but in the method of the attempt. This missive has been passed on from the Bards of old, to you now, and as a believer, I know they could not be, LION!!!
If you take something of value from a man,, you must replace it with something of value, R Ruark:

Lynnaeus
OBOD Bard

Postby Lynnaeus » 14 Sep 2016, 02:58

to restore the essence of the valiant Ciar. The work of the cunning Corax was all that interrupted Ciar's spirit in its departure from the material plane, and time was short lest he be lost. Suddenly Aingeal realized "If my herbs can reunite body and soul for the beast, then...
Lynnaeus

BEACH AND BEAR

Postby BEACH AND BEAR » 14 Sep 2016, 20:16

Ciar, will be united in body and soul, once more, to help defeat the spell that Corax had stolen from Carmen, years before, and had cast upon Ciar, in his jealousy, for Ciar having escaped from Balor's prisons in the dungeons of Dearg Due, in a past lifetime, BUT:::
If you take something of value from a man,, you must replace it with something of value, R Ruark:

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”