It's My Hill Now

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

It's My Hill Now

Postby PeteBranduir » 17 Sep 2014, 00:13

This is the first thread I've started and I'm brand new to the forums so if I shouldn't be doing this or if I've missed a rule that this is against somewhere, please tell me and I'll be happy to apologise and never do it again.

Disclaimer aside, there's a game I've played on many forums and, upon not finding it here, though "Awesome. I get to introduce this cool new group of people to it". Usually it's called King Of The Hill, but I thought I'd start this fresh game without a gender bias.

Anyway, the rules are simple. I own this hill. It's mine. The next person has to take it from me. Then the next takes it from them and so on. You have the limits of your imagination as to what you can use to de-trone the hills ruler. No-one can die, only be knocked out, no matter what hits them. Above all keep it friendly, clean and, above all, fun.

So...

*Wanders to the top of the hill with a club in hand. Sits and waits.*

It's My Hill Now.
If at first you don't succeed, I hope it wasn't brain surgery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: It's My Hill Now

Postby DaRC » 17 Sep 2014, 13:22

Wanders along to the bottom of the hill with shovel, whilst singing "I am a mole and I live in a hole..."
<sounds of digging>
"arghhh" as PeteBranduir falls down hole. A series of planks, 2x4, are brought up from the hole.
DaRC sitting on a series of long, interwoven planks that reach a long way about and form a circle or platform with shovel in hand.
"It's my hill now..."
:where:
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 17 Sep 2014, 13:46

Sneaks up behind DaRC and secretly dunks a bucket of termites on the 2x4's.
Walks away whistling innocently and goes for a horn of mead :drinkhorn:

Comes back to a loud "creeaaak-aarghhhh-thud-ouch" as DaRC and the remains of his termite-eaten platform thumble into the hole, atop Pete...

<sounds of a truck backing up>
Fills the hole with new dirt, sending Pete and DaRC scramblin' for their lives...
Takes her greatsword and sits on the dirt

"Its my hill now" :fence:
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

WaffleBox
OBOD Ovate

Postby WaffleBox » 17 Sep 2014, 15:40

WaffleBox declares his candidacy for Mayor. He spends his days and nights raising money, buying TV ads, knocking on doors, and kissing babies. After successfully trashing all of his opponents, he wins the race.

His first act as mayor is to convince the City Council to invoke the power of eminent domain on the hill, under the Supreme Court decision in Kelo vs. City of New London, and have the city transfer ownership of the hill to himself as a private citizen. He then has ShadowCat evicted. Upon climbing his now-vacant hill, he says:

"It's my hill now."

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 17 Sep 2014, 16:49

//Offtopic: me likey this game :grin:
// Ontopic

Paints herself in woad, dons animalhides, pulls her sword, and, while shouting "Freedom" storms the hill...

Gets arrested...

While in jail starts a grassroots movement using social media to activate people, overturning the class-justice that granted Wafflebox ownership...

Gets out of jail finally, old and grey, hobbles up the hill, surrounded by sympathisers, and declares: It's been my hill all along...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 17 Sep 2014, 17:37

[Off topic] I knew you folk'd be good at this.

[On topic]
*convinces ShadowCat's supporters that by claiming the hill for herself, she's effectively going against her entire campaign :applause: . They chase her out of town and in the insuing chaos the hill is left undefended. I hire. Few giants to build me a fort on the top and to stand, axes at the ready, surrounding the hill as defence.

I then sit on my throne and declare…*

It's My Hill Now.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Dathi
OBOD Ovate

Postby Dathi » 18 Sep 2014, 16:57

Forgetting of course, that "giants for hire" will work for the highest bidder :toot:

It's my hill now!
:owlhorn:
Seminar. September 2010: African Druids? Sangomas, Inyangas http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... =2&t=36777

2011 LI
Seminar. October 2012: Druids & Bushcraft viewtopic.php?f=326&t=41256

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 18 Sep 2014, 17:52

Hired giants are scared of mice and other assorted rodents. I unleash mice and other assorted rodents and watch as the giants run away, taking Dathi with 'em. I wander up to the now empty fort on the hill and take a siesta.

It's my hill now! :hamster: :hop: :prdog:

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 18 Sep 2014, 18:57

This is too easy...

Shadowcat takes her three wicked and wild pet-cats with her, scaring away all mice and assorted rodents. Since Treegod is highly allergic to (my) cats he runs off too, sneezing to the high heavens.

Crazycatlady says: its my hill now :kitty:
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 18 Sep 2014, 19:12

I'll see your three cats and raise you one more cat, five dogs, two goats and 15+ chicken.

ShadowCat folds and leaves the table. Game to Treegod.

It's my hill now! :tor:

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 18 Sep 2014, 23:43

None of you could have expected that I had made a deal with Dragon a long time ago. I have fulfilled my part of the deal and it's time to collect.

*After chasing you all off with an impressive display of fire control, he hands me a sword whose name cannot be pronounced by human tongue, forged in his very breath to be bound to me and my progeny alone. After thanks and honour given we part as friends and I make my way back to...*

My Hill.

Sciethe
OBOD Ovate

Postby Sciethe » 18 Sep 2014, 23:57

I have been bequeathed a huge lodestone, which fell from the skies, by my favourite aunt. Muttering and sweating I drag it to the bottom of the hill. Sword. Magnetism. PeteBranduir refuses to let go. Clang, ouch.
Walk up hill and celebrate by planting a yew tree.
It's my hill now.
For in his morning orisons he loves the sun and the sun loves him. For he is of the tribe of Tiger. Christopher Smart

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 19 Sep 2014, 09:12

I secretly place a giant blanket over the hill and under Sciethe, hiding it from everone's view. Then I remove the blanket and the hill has disapeared, leaving Sciethe hanging in the air... ow. Only I know the location of the hill.

It's my hill now!

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 19 Sep 2014, 09:20

Even though the hill is currently m.i.a., having owned it a few times I know exactly how high it is. So, on the empty lot I release the Giant Rabbit of Caerbannog, who starts digging, the dirt piling up into a new, bigger, better, higher, hillier hill...

This is my hill now, guarded by the Rabbit of Caerbannog, which I spellprotected against any holy handgrenates you puny folks might have laying around :hop:
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 19 Sep 2014, 12:24

Seeing the Rabbit with the nasty pointy teeth has turned up...
dusting the dirt from his clothes DaRC wanders off to his shed and returns with his golden fork, on the Adurni allotment he digs the tastiest-carrot-in-the-world with which to place in the termite ridden hole he'd just vacated.
Now for the tricky bit :grin: whilst underground he communes with the dwarves of DaRC Delling, after some nefarious negotiations the two part deal is struck 1) for a trap similar to the rope Gleipnir that holds the Fenris Wolf at bay and 2) for a magical belt that will anchor the wearer to the top of the hill (for as long as the wearer wishes - it's the small print that's important when dealing with Dwarves). They provide him with a net of Gleipnir like ribbons and the Brisingabelt.

At the bottom of the hole he finds the dusty, termite eaten wooden planks and shifts them out of the way. The carrot is laid in the middle of the net. The spring is loaded, the trigger plate placed under the carrot and the smell of carrot is wafted up the shaft to the top of the hill. DaRC sneaks up the hill and tethers one end of a rope to Shawdowcat, the other end is on the net.

A mad scurrying sound ensues, there is a sound of gnawing and with a shriek the Giant Rabbit of Caerbannog is cast into the otherworld, trapped in a giant net. Moments behind Shadowcat follows caterpulted by the rope

DaRC wanders along and sits on top of the hill. "It's my hill now...I wish to remain" he told the Brisingabelt.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 19 Sep 2014, 20:09

*Having sought the tuition of the great pickpocket artist Bob Arno, I make my way up to DaRC and begin an enrapturing performance in much in Mr Arno's style. During the performance DaRC doesn't realize that I've removed the brisingabelt and placed it on myself. I trip DaRC over and roll him down the hill into a rip in space time. I make a call to a dwarf friend (I set him up with his wife, it's a habit of mine, so he owes me one). He adds to the small print of the belt an iron clad anti-theft clause.*

Thanks for the stylish new bling DaRC. Brisingabelt, I wish to remain at the top of this hill.

It's My Hill Now.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 19 Sep 2014, 23:40

Brisingabelt is attached to the top of the hill. However, the top of the hill can be removed from the hill

I take the top of the hill, to which Brisingabelt and Pete are attached and throw it like a frisbee half way across the world, and take my rightful place atop the hill. I strike the ground three times and all wild animals come to my call. "You will protect me and my claim to the hill." They form very organised and impenetrable rings of protection on, under and over the hill.

It's my hill now.

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 20 Sep 2014, 01:53

*The belt is bound to the top of the hill. Once removed the new top of the hill becomes the binding point for the belt. This brings me back from half a world away at a great enough force to blast all the beings inhabiting the hill in the interim to the other side of the world in the air vortex created. I stand triumphant atop…*

My Hill.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 20 Sep 2014, 09:03

I cover myself with a blanket and make myself appear by the side of the hill, the blanket still with me. I cover the hill and Pete with the giant blanket, wave my fingers over it and remove the blanket. The new hill that ShadowCat made has disappeared, as has Pete and the belt. In its place stands the original hill that I made disapear.

It's my hill now. :poof:

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 20 Sep 2014, 11:51

*sneaks up behind treegod and sprinkles him with sleeping powder. Once it has take effect I set him sail on a ferry to the otherworld where he will be imprisoned for sneezing on the ferryman repeatedly during the trip, courtesy of the sneezing powder I covered him with. This done I sit down on top of the hill with my arsenal of weaponized pranks.*

It's My Hill Now.

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”