It's My Hill Now

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
treegod
OBOD Druid

Re: It's My Hill Now

Postby treegod » 20 Oct 2014, 09:06

It took a while, but it worked.

I'd been spending the last ten days making a hut and fencing off some land to make a veg patch, just watching and waiting for what would happen atop the hill. Nothing. For ten whole days. No one came, no one went, ShadowCat sat there on top of the hill (it's a record!). Perhaps everyone had forgotten? Perhaps, she thought to herself, I can relax a bit and eat something at Pwcca's diner? The lone farmer wasn't worth paying attention to, so she left the hill and entered the restaurant.

So I walked up and stood on top of the hill.
"Hey, Hilda, how's tricks?"

It's my hill now. :hiya:

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 21 Oct 2014, 11:49

When Hillda disappeared with Minerva, DaRC and his Soal went for a spot of lunch... washed down with some of their strongest Ale.
Then another Ale... then he got his thirst on... There always seemed to be one of the Pwcca's off duty who fancied joining him.
Sometimes it seemed that HIllda was there, other times she wasn't.
Then Shadowcat wandered down the hill...
"Hellllooooo Shhhadowcatsh. Djyou fanshy a nicshe pint of WhatTheFuggleshhh? The Pwcc'shbrew itsh themshelves..."
Before Shadowcat could answer DaRC's Soal had decided DaRC had had enough carousing at the Pwcca Diner and gallivanted up the hill.

It stared, if you can imagine a large solid wooden chest staring in an intimidating way, at Treegod.
Who suddenly noticed he had some weeding to do.
"Wasssshuuuupppp Hillda" said DaRC before falling asleep on top of a very watchful piece of luggage.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 21 Oct 2014, 12:38

Drat... that is one mean looking SoaL... I'm not going anywhere near that thing :fear:

So instead, I'm buying a few extra horns of ale at the Diner and saunter over to Treegod, who's tending his veggiepatch. Why fight over Hilda, when together we stand strong? Treegod and I negotiate a peacepact and start to connive, scheme and otherwise plan sinisterly on how to regain dominion over Hilda together....
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 12 Nov 2014, 10:30

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I stroll over and grab a corner of the fabric of reality. Tipping my hat to Shadowcat and Treegod I bid them to watch closely, advising that they may learn something in spite of being more experienced than I. With that I give it a good tug and turn it over. In the calm eye of the chaos this creates I write an incantation in a secret script of my own design, based on a combination of existing scripts and mixed with my own little flair, right in the middle of the fabric. It lays down new laws, of which only I know for sure, which will present me with some amusement in the future of this battle. I replace the sheet, smoothing out any unsightly creases but leaving the odd one which I find rather pretty.

With DaRC and his SoaL still glued to the sky in the aftermath, I wander up and take my rightful place.

It's My Hill.
If at first you don't succeed, I hope it wasn't brain surgery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 13 Nov 2014, 20:04

I call the local loony bin and tell them about this guy Pete here who is mumbling nonsense about rejecting reality. On come the friendly guys in white, shooting a elephant tranquilizer arrow straight into Pete's left buttcheek. While Pete goes off to lala-land, the guys in white see this other weirdo, clinging to a dingy old suitcase which he swears is alive and has a name. Since they are here anyways, DaRC gets a nice dose of sleepyjuice too.

While DaRC and Pete get strapped nice and snuggly into their straightjackets I thank the fellows in white, compose and file a request for a curatorship on both, so I can take custody of their lives and health. I'm a nice gal like that. Trust me, I'm a lawyer... My first decisions on DaRC's and Pete's healthcare ofcourse signing them up for a lengtly stay in a closed sanatorium so they can recuperate from their delusions.

Treegod's still passed out drunk as a skunk, so, after tipping the Pwcca's royally to keep him that way, I rejoin Hilda. She's my hill...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 04 Dec 2014, 13:34

DaRC whiles the time away by wiggling and singing
"There's a worm at the bottom of my garden,
And his name is Wiggly, Wig-Wig-Wiggly, Wig-Wig-Wiggly Woo!"
Then a finger came free....

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 09 Dec 2014, 10:42

*Bides time by making friends with the other "patients" at the "sanatorium" while hatching a plan. Locking Pete up, it will soon be discovered, is a bad idea.* :thinking:

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 09 Dec 2014, 13:33

Treegod has been dormant, in the same way the tree seeds he planted have been dormant. He wakes up and drinks a magic formula that gives him strength and vigour and wakes him up like never before. At the same time the seeds get a boost from the sympathetic magic. All over the hill a thick copse grows with impenetrable, saw-blunting wood. Shadowcat gets boosted up and off the hill by a rather large tree. Hilda has a gorgeous head of hair.

My trees, my hill. I admire it from Pwcca's.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 12 Dec 2014, 12:22

DaRC's little finger wiggled, whilst locked away the nail had grown and with the constant pressure of a straightjacket it had strengthened into a nasty looking talon.
There was no more wiggly worm song but a new song arose...

"I'm not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant plucker's mate,
I'm only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late.

I'm not good at plucking pheasants, at pheasant plucking I get stuck
Though some pheasants find it pleasant I'd rather pluck a duck.
Oh plucking geese is gorgeous, I can pluck a goose with ease
But pheasant plucking's torture because they haven't any grease..."

On the beat of the pluck there was a ping as a talon like nail sliced through a thread on a seam of the jacket.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 12 Dec 2014, 12:26

Since DaRC is currently scaring the bejesus out of me, I'm quite happy sitting at the sideline at Pwcca's with a horn of mead and some wonderful bacon-rum-chocolate biscuits, watching this freakshow unravel...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 12 Dec 2014, 13:12

I'm staying by Pwcca's, too. I assigned a few guardians to guard the place. :grin: :maple: :gapple: :handsoff:

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 17 Dec 2014, 13:08

And with a shout DaRC was free, the white straight jacket fell to the floor; it's seams unpicked. He noticed the pwcca's had been kind and ensured decent food had been left on the tray. In addition there were three golden looking beans and what looked like a bucket of water.
Finishing up the food with the beans as petit fours, he suddenly felt a surge of energy.
DaRC's hair and beard had grown whilst locked away, very unkempt he felt a bit itchy. The bucket of water was poured over his head to wash some of the sanitorium's stench away. It was then he noticed the label that had fallen from the bucket...
"Magic Formula use sparingly when watering seeds & plants."
He felt a rush of energy, a stripping away of the veneer of civilisation and a growing sensation of, well growing. The floor was moving further away, the ceiling approaching and a primal energy rushed through him. Was that his upper canines lengthening too?
Rippling muscles ended in big cat sharp talons, his unkempt mass of hair became a rippling mane and the door to his cell imploded with a wrench of his arms.
Bending low he walked out of the cell discarding white coated people like confetti as he left the building.

Striding out of the compound, he paused to sniff the air
"Fee Fi Fo Fum I smell the spores of an alien!" the sound caused a sonic boom through the hills.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 20 Dec 2014, 11:12

Outside the sanatorium...
Pook Bee "He was only s'posed to grow the ruddy roof off!"
Pook Cee "Arr...still wot shall we call 'im? A mutent name..."
Bee "It's a change to wot Shadowcat expected..."
Cee chuckled "Catalyst..."
Bee grinned "Ar he's an agent of change alright."

PeteBranduir
OBOD Bard

Postby PeteBranduir » 21 Dec 2014, 11:54

While this is going on, I'm in session with my newest appointed therapist. He's just apologised for the fact that so many staff seem to be having mental breakdowns around me when the crash and boom of DaRC's transformation scares him into the corner faster than any human should reach. And he seems to have turned his desk into a hiding place.

I grin as this aids my plan. I giggle to myself as the plan evolves.

The good doctor jumps as he looks to his right and suddenly sees me, where 2 seconds previously he would've sworn there was nothing but air. And I seem to be eating some sort of roast leg which couldn't have been in the room while he was talking to me 5 seconds earlier (thank you pwccas, the food here leaves a lot to be desired. Like nutritional content). I simply smile at him, saying "Cosy under here isn't it?" Before taking an exaggerated bite and offering him some. He reacts in the only way his mind will let him. "What are you?" He asks me in horror. "Just me." I return with a benevolent gleam.

Not long left for this one now. The last one tried to kill me. I wonder what this one will do.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 22 Dec 2014, 10:50

From Hillda a faint chant had risen #'Feed me, feed me"
Pook Zee "Jeez bro' look at that big cat man go!"
Pook Zed "Indeed brother Zed, he's a right monster"
Amongst the Pwcca's a lot of surreptitious negotiations and funny handshakes were going on.
Catalyst charged up the hill and launched at 2 huge tulips with nasty, pointy teeth ripping their heads off. With a snarl he flicked out a taloned claw, slicing through the neck of another snapping head.
He then dove into the woodland ripping through branches and a vast rustling moved through Hillda's wood.
Screams of "Seymooooor" could be faintly heard.
Suddenly two bundles flew through the air from the top of the hill, they landed at the feet of Shadowcat and Treegod.
Pook Eee stared at the bundles, each contained a dozen of the alien heads, "Aaah isn't that sweet! Catalyst said it with flowers."
as he collected his winnings.
In the background Catalyst could be seen scenting the tree trunks.
Zee "Yup it's his hill now"
Zed "I think he's gone feral, as much a part of the hill as anything."
Catalyst disappeared deep into the woodland.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 23 Dec 2014, 14:50

When there are big catlike things on the loose, there is only one thing one can do...

I order a bigbag full of extrastrenght catnip to be delivered to the edge of Hilda's forest. It doesn't take long for Catalyst to get the scent. He comes out, acting all skittish and wild. But not for long: the 'nip is irresistable and before long Catalyst is completely stoned. *There's a good kitty now"... armed with a can of tuna I approach and scratch Catalyst behind the huge ears. He starts to pur, tentatively at first, but before long the trees are shaking from his grumble.

It's our hill now...

While we lounge beneath the trees I get a call from the loonybin. Apparantly poor Pete is delusional again: he was eating his therapist's copy of the DSMIV handbook, insisting it was a roasted leg of some beast...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 13 Feb 2015, 14:40

Michael walks back up the Hill after a long vacation in Her Majesties Caribbean Realms (Thank you treegod :grin: ). He looks about and sees ShadowCat and friends all asleep from the catnip. Not wishing to disturb them, he books a first class sleeping car (near the dining car of course) on the orient express and gently packs off ShadowCat and friends without waking them on a lovely journey to be filled with Agatha Christie mystery plays, dancing and music.

And as the boat train leaves for Calais with a sleeping ShadowCat and Friends he looks about and says; "Well, I guess it's my Hill now." "Hmmmmm....I wonder how soon I'll be relieved so I can book a room at Burgh Island and audition for that Crooning Job?...." :-|

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 19 Feb 2015, 13:04

Michael walks back up the Hill after a long vacation in Her Majesties Caribbean Realms (Thank you treegod :grin: ). He looks about and sees ShadowCat and friends all asleep from the catnip. Not wishing to disturb them, he books a first class sleeping car (near the dining car of course) on the orient express and gently packs off ShadowCat and friends without waking them on a lovely journey to be filled with Agatha Christie mystery plays, dancing and music.

And as the boat train leaves for Calais with a sleeping ShadowCat and Friends he looks about and says; "Well, I guess it's my Hill now." "Hmmmmm....I wonder how soon I'll be relieved so I can book a room at Burgh Island and audition for that Crooning Job?...." :-|
Michael has been waiting nearly a week and looking out for someone to replace him :where: so that he may pursue his dream of being a Crooner at the Burgh Island Hotel in Bigbury on Sea. :grin: Unfortunately, no one has come. :gloomy: So he gets an idea! :idea: He writes a decree :block: Which says:

This Hill tis hereby Everyone's or anyone's Hill Now so there. :grin:

And he skips down the hill, hops the train to Devonshire, auditions and gets the Job as the Burgh Island Hotel Crooner, thus spreading nostalgic joy to holiday makers. :2dance: :2dance: :2dance: And lives happily ever after. :bow:

Ok folks - I have to rehearse a set or two with the band - You all have fun now

This Hill tis hereby Everyone's or anyone's Hill Now so there.

- Thoreau

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 19 Feb 2015, 13:44

Michael has been waiting nearly a week and looking out for someone to replace him :where: so that he may pursue his dream of being a Crooner at the Burgh Island Hotel in Bigbury on Sea. :grin: Unfortunately, no one has come. :gloomy:
Don't look at us, I'm happily lying on a turkish beach and Catalyst is scaring the locals by using parts of the beach as his litterbox. Thanx for the holiday mate :grin:
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 19 Feb 2015, 13:52

Michael has been waiting nearly a week and looking out for someone to replace him :where: so that he may pursue his dream of being a Crooner at the Burgh Island Hotel in Bigbury on Sea. :grin: Unfortunately, no one has come. :gloomy:
Don't look at us, I'm happily lying on a turkish beach and Catalyst is scaring the locals by using parts of the beach as his litterbox. Thanx for the holiday mate :grin:
:-) Yeah I said the heck with it too - I'm Crooning :grin: When to weather warms up come to Devonshire - I'll sing a ballad for you and we'll dance the foxtrot. :D

- Thoreau

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”