How to crap your pants in a tree

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
Green Raven

Re: How to crap your pants in a tree

Postby Green Raven » 18 Feb 2015, 16:23

Yup, that would do it!

Taking refuge up a tree in the New Forest from an angry pig (google 'pannage') is the nearest similar for me. I was very pleased it couldn't climb.
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

Whitemane
OBOD Bard

Postby Whitemane » 18 Feb 2015, 18:42

Trying to get away from a bear by climbing a tree is like trying to avoid getting run over in France by using a zebra crossing.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

MountainGnome

Postby MountainGnome » 18 Feb 2015, 21:41

Awww that bear's just cute and curious. :)

He's just a little black bear. If it were a grizzly then I believe my last line of defense would be crapping not in my pants but hopefully onto it as it tried to climb up after me.

There is one advantage to being up a tree with a bear: it has to use most of its paws/strength just to stay on the tree, rather than clawing into you (though I'm sure it could still swat at you). If it got mean you could probably kick it in the face or jab it in the eye a few times and make him lose interest. But little black bears like this are usually afraid of people. He must have been really curious to climb up that tree.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 19 Feb 2015, 07:04

Teddy just wanted a hug :grin:

From the metal contraption that is sometimes visible I wonder if this person is actually in a deerstand (as I believe those high seats used for hunting are called in english).
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Whitemane
OBOD Bard

Postby Whitemane » 19 Feb 2015, 11:39

Teddy just wanted a hug :grin:

From the metal contraption that is sometimes visible I wonder if this person is actually in a deerstand (as I believe those high seats used for hunting are called in english).
Maybe it's a bicycle.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

BEACH AND BEAR

Postby BEACH AND BEAR » 08 Sep 2016, 12:50

It is a tree stand. If it were a bicycle, that would make it a FAST FOOD tree, as opposed to a Sit down dinner. I once had to set my shirt a flame and drop it on the Bear, who was just protecting her cubs at the time. I was fishing, and unbeknownst to me, had come within that protection zone for madame bruin and her children, who were also fishing. I think to this day, I hold the world record for the, Old Fat Guy Up A Tree. No one was injured in this encounter, Mother and Cubs left, while I kept my lofty perch, until I saw them retreat over a hill, at which time I resumed fishing, which was great, and needed to be completed. I've had a black bear step on my sleeping bag, whilst I was inside, but didnt know it until the next morning. AHH, but that is a tale from the wilds of Canada, for next time my children. In Canada, one of our favorite sayings, when queried about something is, Does a Bear Crap in the Woods, most answers are NO, but unsuspecting Fisherman do. WITH RESPECT FOR ALL. BEACH AND BEAR.
If you take something of value from a man,, you must replace it with something of value, R Ruark:

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”