Lovebugs and a silly song I thought of

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
GrayFire

Lovebugs and a silly song I thought of

Postby GrayFire » 13 Sep 2015, 16:45

Here is yet another one of my silly "song association" occurrences. This also occurred as I was sitting on a swing outside many years ago. At first I saw a pair of lovebugs joined at their rears, as they usually are of course, and they were crawling along together like that along the swing post. Then, here comes a third lovebug, and lo and behold, it crawled on top of the pair of joined lovebugs. Now, here is the old song that popped into my mind immediately; I do not recall who sang it but the lyrics were "It's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along". :oops: Even with my serious side, I have always had an off the wall sense of humor alongside the seriousness. Perhaps it is partly due to my Irish heritage :shrug:
Though this is Our Funeral Pyre
We can walk right on through this Fire
Cleansed and New We'll reach that Distant Shore
Where We won't have to cry anymore
Don't fear this Fire's Flames
They will carry Us to the Place We know Our True Names...GrayFire

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Lovebugs and a silly song I thought of

Postby Heddwen » 13 Sep 2015, 17:41

Here is yet another one of my silly "song association" occurrences. This also occurred as I was sitting on a swing outside many years ago. At first I saw a pair of lovebugs joined at their rears, as they usually are of course, and they were crawling along together like that along the swing post. Then, here comes a third lovebug, and lo and behold, it crawled on top of the pair of joined lovebugs. Now, here is the old song that popped into my mind immediately; I do not recall who sang it but the lyrics were "It's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along". :oops: Even with my serious side, I have always had an off the wall sense of humor alongside the seriousness. Perhaps it is partly due to my Irish heritage :shrug:
Well I don't know about Irish heritage....I don't have any Irish ancestry in me ... as far as I know :wink: but I do like an off the wall sense of humour.

By the way, what is a love bug ? :-)

GrayFire

Postby GrayFire » 15 Sep 2015, 01:13

Hello Heddwen, thank you for reading and responding to this post. You are likely correct and it has nothing to do with my Irish heritage, because I also have Native American heritage, being a blend of Cherokee, Seminole, Choctaw and Coushatta. My physical appearance is more Irish however because of my natural red hair and extremely fair skin. I do have dark brown eyes though, rather than the usual blue or green tones most natural red-heads tend to have. Anyhow, I am glad that you appreciate and also yourself have an off the wall sense of humor :grin:

So, I am going to assume you were serious in asking what a love bug is. I must have had a "brain fart" I suppose, because love bugs are so common here where I live in the United States. Really, you are not just pulling my leg? Wow, so there are either no love bugs in Wales, or perhaps they are called by a completely different name. Tell you what, let me see if I can find a link and I will get back to you. :huh:

GrayFire

Postby GrayFire » 15 Sep 2015, 01:51

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 15 Sep 2015, 10:19

Hello Heddwen, thank you for reading and responding to this post. You are likely correct and it has nothing to do with my Irish heritage, because I also have Native American heritage, being a blend of Cherokee, Seminole, Choctaw and Coushatta. My physical appearance is more Irish however because of my natural red hair and extremely fair skin. I do have dark brown eyes though, rather than the usual blue or green tones most natural red-heads tend to have. Anyhow, I am glad that you appreciate and also yourself have an off the wall sense of humor :grin:

So, I am going to assume you were serious in asking what a love bug is. I must have had a "brain fart" I suppose, because love bugs are so common here where I live in the United States. Really, you are not just pulling my leg? Wow, so there are either no love bugs in Wales, or perhaps they are called by a completely different name. Tell you what, let me see if I can find a link and I will get back to you. :huh:
Your natural colouring sounds lush, if you'll pardon the welshness of my expression. Indeed we have redheads and pale skin here as part of our natural ancestry, also along with very black hair and pale skin. Its a lovely combination. The Native American blend sounds lovely too....you lucky dab!

AS for the lovebugs, I've never seen anything like it :-) but I've learnt something new today.

GrayFire

Postby GrayFire » 15 Sep 2015, 19:34

Your natural colouring sounds lush, if you'll pardon the welshness of my expression. Indeed we have redheads and pale skin here as part of our natural ancestry, also along with very black hair and pale skin. Its a lovely combination. The Native American blend sounds lovely too....you lucky dab!

AS for the lovebugs, I've never seen anything like it :-) but I've learnt something new today.
[/quote]

Heddwen, well, I am honored to have helped you to learn something new :curtsey: But, just wait until I find another photo of a whole group of them splattered all over peoples' vehicles...yep, just wait :whistle:

The very black hair with pale skin you mentioned is something I have always admired. Actually, as far as physical appearance alone, I have always had what I call my "perfect three", which is the combination of very black hair, very pale skin, and blue eyes. I simply find that specific combination stunning on a person. I think a lot of it has to do with the very drastic contrast of those three together. It can not help but to be eye-catching. Maybe it is partly because I naturally tend to associate black hair with crows.

In any case however, I wish to state that I am in no way whatsoever attempting to put anyone at all who has any other hair, eye, or skin tone and any combination of those down as though I see the black hair, blue eyes and pale skin combination being superior to any other. It is simply my own personal "perfect three". No offense to anyone intended, I promise.

Thank you for the compliment on my Native American blend mixed in with my Irish heritage. You know, I have long been drawn to shamanic practices and ways of viewing and experiencing Life, and I am naturally drawn more specifically to both the Native American and the Celtic ways of shamanism. Why not though? After all, it flows through my DNA heritage.

Well thanks for reading. Many Blessings and Much Love to you :hug:

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 15 Sep 2015, 20:17

Thank you, Grayfire. So good that you're keeping up the traditions of all your ancestry both Native American and European :)

GrayFire

Postby GrayFire » 16 Sep 2015, 16:32

Thank you, Grayfire. So good that you're keeping up the traditions of all your ancestry both Native American and European :)

Thank you as well Heddwen :)

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”