Loo-Roll/Toilet-Paper

A place for games, jokes and general clean fun and merriment
Forum rules
Please check any gloominess at the door and come inside where mirth and merriment abound! This is the place for games, stories, jokes, and general hilarity—just keep it clean, please, and remember, no deep, thought-provoking discussions allowed! Host: Heddwen
Ailim
OBOD Druid

Re: Loo-Roll/Toilet-Paper

Postby Ailim » 21 Nov 2017, 20:31

I can remember when we didn't have to worry about orientation of the loo roll - it was just old newspaper squares threaded on a string that hung on a convenient nail :-) Of course in those days it was an outside loo complete with spiders and usually no lightbulb - so one didn't hang around too long. :old: :grin:

Now we have the luxury of those soft toilet rolls that break apart so easily, so you have to use multiple squares just to get the job done. :oops:
Ailim
As we progress on our journey we are changed by it

http://www.pagan-transitions.org.uk
Prison Pagan Chaplain
Member of OBOD, The Druid Network and the Pagan Federation

Image Image

trinitylaurel
OBOD Bard

Postby trinitylaurel » 21 Nov 2017, 21:11

Away! I'm not a big stickler about it, but my husband is. So whatever floats his boat!
“Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Runefang
OBOD Bard

Postby Runefang » 21 Nov 2017, 23:29

It is an indisputable fact that no one every looks at the toilet paper holder before sitting and making an offering . Hence the traditional rite closing chant “Aaaaargh nooooooo paaaaapeeer”!
I beg to differ, 'tis the first thing I check for. With age comes experience. :)

trinitylaurel
OBOD Bard

Postby trinitylaurel » 21 Nov 2017, 23:34

It is an indisputable fact that no one every looks at the toilet paper holder before sitting and making an offering . Hence the traditional rite closing chant “Aaaaargh nooooooo paaaaapeeer”!
I beg to differ, 'tis the first thing I check for. With age comes experience. :)
LOL, so true... I'm definitely in the whippersnapper camp here, so may we all one day be bestowed with as much wisdom as you. :-)
“Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Runefang
OBOD Bard

Postby Runefang » 27 Nov 2017, 21:30

LOL, so true... I'm definitely in the whippersnapper camp here, so may we all one day be bestowed with as much wisdom as you. :-)
Ha ha, you're too generous. Not so much wisdom as a deep synicism applied to life in general taking nothing for granted and testing and proving everything before being willing to accept it. With age comes grumpyness! :old:

Return to “All Seriousness Aside”