Can the forum topics be alphabetized?

Make suggestions about the organization of this Board.
Arwen~

Can the forum topics be alphabetized?

Postby Arwen~ » 07 May 2006, 14:33

I was just wondering how hard it would be to alphabetize the main public forum topics, ie, Pets & Wildlife, H & H, I think the Pub should stay in 1st place as it is, but sometimes my eyes have a hard time focusing after being on the computer for a while & it is hard to see the names, at least if they were alpha'd I would know the general area to look in....or am I just being too picky?  I know they are there probably in the order they were originally established (or it seems to be), but not everyone was here from the beginning, and some people's eyes are not as good as they used to be!!

Blessings & Thank you for your time,
Arwen
:-D

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 07 May 2006, 21:54

Hi, Arwen,
So far as I know, it is not possible. The order of topics in each forum changes every time someone posts to one. If you reply to an older topic, it is bumped to first place. If you start a new topic, it will appear first until another one is replied to. Even the stickies do that--the most recent sticky created or replied to is on top of all the other stickies. So far as I know, there's no way to change that--the idea on these boards, I think, is to keep topics that are currently active as the ones that are most noticeable.

I'm afraid if we could alphabetize them and keep them that way, half the subject lines would be something like "aaaaaaaaaWhat do you think about this?"  :???:

S
:selene:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Arwen~

Postby Arwen~ » 07 May 2006, 23:35

Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly enough. :oops:  

what I meant was can the MAIN forum topics be alpha'd, such as "Discuss Druidry", "Health & Healing",  "Pets & Wildlife", not the individual posts in those main headings..... I realize within each one of the main headings, the topics change around as posts are made., I would never expect those to be alphabetized! ;)

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 08 May 2006, 00:12

Sorry, Arwen! I must be tired today and not comprehending well.

Let me think about that one a bit. There actually was a method to the order they're currently in, but I'll look at it and see if anything can be done.

S
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Arwen~

Postby Arwen~ » 08 May 2006, 01:10

Oh Selene, it's not really that important, I know you have a lot of other stuff going on from everywhere, so don't bother yourself with it now.  

Just relax, take a nap, have some fun, you deserve it with all you do around this place!

:-D

Return to “Suggestions”