new forum for old and middle irish?

Make suggestions about the organization of this Board.
wyeuro
OBOD Druid

new forum for old and middle irish?

Postby wyeuro » 22 Sep 2006, 00:50

hi art,

the irish language forum has always been a friendly, comfortable forum where goodwill and kindness prevail, so i'm afraid that the moving of the regrettably contentious and sometimes hot-tempered old irish list onto it may threaten its peacefulness.  would it be possible to give it a new sub-forum of its own?  i've mentioned the idea on the forum but haven't waited for replies so i don't know what others think.  

wyverne /|\

Art
OBOD Druid

Postby Art » 22 Sep 2006, 00:57

I'm not opposed however I do want to take a little time to mull it over and to see some of the responses your query in the Irish forum may get.  I will give it thought, watch the current tread for comments, consult as needed and get back to you one way or the other as soon as practical.

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Postby wyeuro » 22 Sep 2006, 07:39

okay, thanks art.
wyverne /|\

madpoet
OBOD Bard

Postby madpoet » 23 Sep 2006, 06:25

Personally I don't see the point in breaking up the Celtic studies forum anymore than it is already. The Irish sub-forum even with the activity regarding Old, Middle and Modern, is not justifiably busy enough. We don't have enough folk to adequately contribute to the new sub forums as suggested.  I feel it would only make the subject matter more difficult to follow.  Perhaps we could be more clear on what aspect to Irish studies we're contributing.

I remember wyeuro's comment, but that being within another thread I felt I should add my two cents here.

~MP
A. Madpoet
The Diary of a MadPoet

Truth in our hearts.
Strength in our hands.
Consistency in our tongues.

Return to “Suggestions”