Anonymous Members Location Map

Make suggestions about the organization of this Board.
Amethyst
OBOD Druid

Postby Amethyst » 15 Mar 2007, 16:52

Thanks RedKite! Not sure why there are two copies of my avatar...

Any thoughts on having your absolutely exact position placed on the map? I just figured out how to correct mine (adding postal code) but now wonder if that's how I should leave it?

I have received a message from Frappr.com saying they've created a profile for me and gave me a password - for what I don't know though. The password seems a tad fishy, i.e. not a randomly created one, but I guess I'll wait to see what happens...

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 15 Mar 2007, 17:33

Amethyst, you can change your password at any time through your profile. I did that when I joined (I know, because I had to send for my password to be e-mailed to me this morning and I recognized it as one I use for that sort of thing).

Yes, we can sticky an announcement in OBOD Gen...somebody go write it and a mod or admin will make it sticky. And feel free to post a General Announcement with the OBOD Gen link...we'll find some more tape around here and make it sticky also.  :wink:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Beith

Postby Beith » 15 Mar 2007, 17:40

I see the obod budget has increased then Selene?!!!! (all that extra tape - and none of it red! grin!)

B

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 15 Mar 2007, 17:42

I just added our seedgroup and put the map on the Radio Druid myspace page. I forgot that this existed....if you have myspace, it is easy to insert the map...might generate some more views.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Amethyst
OBOD Druid

Postby Amethyst » 15 Mar 2007, 17:45

doh! Figured it out... Thanks Selene!
Everything always works out more perfectly than I plan it.

RedKite
OBOD Ovate

Postby RedKite » 16 Mar 2007, 22:33

Perhaps the details of how to find and use the Frappr Map could also go into the Groves and Seedgroups listings.  Also, perhaps it could be included in an early Gwers - not sure whether it would be appropriate in the Intro Pack - if it's to be OBODies only.

I don't know if OBOD has any control over the OBOD Map but, if they have, perhaps it could be password protected for OBODies only.

For members who don't have (or choose not to use) the Internet, would it be possible to increase the size of Touchstone for a 'Contacts Wanted' section.  Even if this means a slight increase in yearly subscription, it wouldn't be a massive increase and the contact requests would probably tail off after 12 months or so, when the initial surge calms down.  Touchstone obviously reaches more members than the DHP does.
Image Image
Who's been sleeping in my porridge?

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 17 Mar 2007, 01:21

I've often wondered what percentage of people continue their subscriptions when they are no longer receiving course materials. Damh, if you're still looking in on this, do you know? For members in the US, at least, and probably many places outside the UK, the annual subscription rate makes it a very expensive little publication.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Return to “Suggestions”