Natural History (Astronomy/Science) Forum

Make suggestions about the organization of this Board.
Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Natural History (Astronomy/Science) Forum

Postby Twyrch » 23 Aug 2007, 17:21

This is a subject that's been tossed around in my mind for quite a while now... The recent thread MARS Attacks! brought the subject to light again.

Many such topics have found their way into either the Pub of Current Events, but it would be nice to have a localized area where we can discuss scientific discoveries, astronomical events and topics relating to natural history. I think Kernos said it best in the Mars thread...
For some time I have thought we should have a Science and Technology Forum - perhaps a Natural History forum which sounds more Druidic since they were the 'scientists' of their day according to Classical sources.

I had a couple of things from Photonics magazine I would like to share and it would be easier in such a forum. Such things tend to get lost in Current Events.
So how about it? Can we have a section to discuss things of this nature? I know that Current Events and The Pub are set to autoprune after 90 days, so it would really be great to have a place were we can reference and discuss these types of things without cluttering up other areas of the forum.
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Postby Badger Bob » 23 Aug 2007, 19:17

Sounds good to me! Let's face it, ancient Druidry was based almost entirely on Astronomy, Natural History and Science (geometry, alchemy and their descendants). Putting science back in the Druidic agenda can only be a good thing...and it might shut Dawkins up for a bit! (but then again probably not).

John T. Folden
OBOD Bard

Postby John T. Folden » 25 Aug 2007, 02:55

I think this sounds like a great idea, imo.
"All forms of monism - whether in political dictatorships, trade monopolies, or monotheistic spiritualities - are detrimental within all of nature, body and soul. They are born of a need for control and power, and they are sustained by force, oppression and fear. Diversity is crucial to health and sustainability." - Emma Restall Orr

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Postby Ghostrider » 25 Aug 2007, 10:24

I say go for it!
"I don't suffer from INSANITY!! I enjoy every minute of it!"

R0wdy Atomic WEDGIE-master

2007 SBImage
Finder of lost Message board Souls of the Most Holy (or not) Order of Slightly Reformed Non-Visigoth Circus Performers

Return to “Suggestions”