Problem with water

A forum for discussion of the Shamanic path.
Forum rules
The focus of this forum is on the positive aspects of Shamanism, especially in connection with Druidry. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and share your ideas and experiences. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.

If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
apprenticecrone

Problem with water

Postby apprenticecrone » 18 Jun 2011, 01:33

Hello-- I posted this under "Greening Gaia" but later thought the "Shamanic Druid" forum might be a better place for it. Apologies if this is contrary to rules-- I don't mean to offend.

My question: Many years ago I began the Bardic course but didn't finish it. I have not, however, forgotten what I learned. At the time, I was extremely drawn to water and earth seemed to be my least favourite element. I have since taken to Qigong practice (which has a shamanist component) and have reconciled with earth, the energy of the earth. But these days I find that I draw to myself problems having to do with water: my eavestroughs overflow due to the slanting roof, my faucets and pipes leak, my hot water heater broke down--it's been one thing after another for months now, and the common denominator is not my plumber or contractor, but water itself. Chinese medical arts, like druidry, are centered around basic elements. Water is the elements for Kidney energy, which has to do with fluidity, courage (or lack thereof), as well with hormonal and reproductive issues. I am undergoing menopause, and this means--according to my acupuncturist--that my Kidney Yin is depleted and needs to be tonified. I'm beginning to wonder whether this state of affairs isn't being manifest in my life through these sudden weird issues having to do with water. I don't know if this is making any sense and I hope no one will think I'm mad. I was just wondering if anybody here has ever been through something similar and how to somehow make peace with water, so that it stops manifesting itself so intrusively and disruptively in my everyday life. Many thanks in advance to any who answer.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Re: Problem with water

Postby Lily » 18 Jun 2011, 03:54

Sorry if I sound blunt but that's probably the completely physical and non-esoteric consequence of being a hose owner.

no, I do not see any connection between your Physical health and your gutters being blocked.
Rather that your appliances are all "of a certain age" as well hence breaking in Sync :???:

Get a better plumber then and save up some cash for more repairs :-/
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

apprenticecrone

Postby apprenticecrone » 18 Jun 2011, 13:28

Yes, Lily--I do own a "hose." Nice water-related Freudian slip! :D And water in Chinese medicine and shamanism isn't just about health--it's also about creativity, imagination, dream states. And yes, my house is old and there are all sorts of things wrong with it, as with any house, but sometimes we--sentient beings--focus on something, an image, an idea, for a reason and when that happens, water isn't just prosaic water. I was just wondering if other people on this forum work with water and what water suggests to them. But thank you for your answer.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lily » 18 Jun 2011, 21:56

heh - early morning internet usage from an ipad does that to you....

well, I am - and since you're very new you wouldn't have known that - a very down to earth member of this board so I tend to dissociate mundane happenings form the spiritual dealings I have with water, what have you, even if they may be profound - blocked gutters are still profane :curtsey:
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

Charlene
OBOD Ovate

Postby Charlene » 25 Jun 2011, 19:04

I spent many years and got stuck on water too. IT is a conclusion of mine that it is about fluidity, and that water takes the paths we give it in terms of the hoses, pipes and meridians.

Blockages create flooding, both psychologically and literally. The house manifesting what you believe to be your outer and inner reality can be both problems due to age, but also due to avoidance, both outer and inner.

All the best.
Peace All

Charlene

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 01 Sep 2011, 23:53

For me, water is - as said above - about fluidity, but even more for me, it taught me lessons of trust and surrender. These aren't easy ones for me, and may not be for many of us. It's difficult to let go of feeling the need to trust what happens. It's even harder for someone like me who struggled to claim my power, to then let go of it (in a sense) and step aside. This is a powerful lesson I had to learn in my shamanic studies, but once I did things became so easy! I think we tend to over analyze and complicate things, but once we learn to trust and surrender control, we find it's not necessary after all, and things just seem to fall into place. Water wears down opposition, and continues on its way. It can carve deep canyons, destroy the land and nurture the land.

Good luck with water!
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 02 Sep 2011, 09:11

Dear apprenticecrone,

I had exactly the same experience during menopause. Things just broke, left, right and centre. But it didn't last long because I LOVED my menopause; the power surges, the discontentment, hell, the anger. It was righteous. It gave me a new lease of life. Reminded me of how I was during teenage when last my hormones had all gone wonky.

Donata is right. Trust it. Embrace it. Use it. So often these days menopause is seen as a medical problem that needs fixing, but it isn't. It is what women do naturally, and it is a powerful teacher. I listened to it and changed some things in my life accordingly. The apprentice became a crone, and things stopped breaking. :)

Power to you.

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 06 Sep 2011, 11:52

Somebody posted THIS link on my facebook this week.

Clamhan
OBOD Bard

Postby Clamhan » 03 Oct 2011, 22:29

I have not long since finished reading Emma Restell Orr's 'Kissing the Hag: The Dark Goddess and the unacceptable nature of women.' For a man it tends to be a fairly uncomfortable book to read but I personally enjoyed it and found it enthralling and enlightening. She moves through the various darker aspects of womanhood including menopause and her views echo Brackens. A period of time to be embraced, to be enjoyed, a rollercoaster thrill ride (if it could ever be described as such).

I do hope things stop or have stopped 'breaking'.

:)
Image Image
The Druid formerly known as Getafix...

elementalheart
OBOD Druid

Postby elementalheart » 10 Nov 2011, 19:15

Hi - hope you don't mind a new member butting in but shamanism is my primary path and elemental work in particular draws me..

My own struggle was to embrace fire at a time when I felt very safe with other elements. I journeyed and dreamed of volcanoes and funeral pyres and eventually I found my way through the fire mountain and on to dancing on fires to the point it is now an immensely powerful, deep and passionate relationship which is the source of much love, joy, power return, soul return and connection to spirit.

I can't advise on the specifics of what a journey or vision means for someone else as my own relationship with and perceptions of water would inevitably tinge my response. I would just say journey to any water source you can bear, from a raindrop to the ocean, from a deep still pool to a rushing waterfall and connect to it at whatever level or form you feel comfortable at this present moment. Ask for the teachings and the growth, and trust your guides/power animals to bring you there and through safely.

A guess based on my experience would be that water will become a powerful ally for you when you move into harmony with it, and that your integration of this element will create some change you don't yet perceive. But only water can tell you what it means, all I can infer from its constantly bringing itself to your attention is that it's time to go there..

And yes sometimes it's also just a leaky pipe, but when you're searching you also have to notice the answers nature provides ;)
Image Image Image

Shaun Hayes
OBOD Druid

Postby Shaun Hayes » 10 Nov 2011, 20:31

Hi

You know water seeps and soaks through earth, is taken up by the wind, does amazing things with fire (mists of avalon for example). If you have started the work with the elements but not completed it, perhaps the one you did engage with, water, is encouraging you to integrate the process with the other elements since this is what you began. I will not say any more here on this matter with regard to the course but would also echo what others have said to 'put your house in order'.

When we engage with matters that can seem mundane but choose to engage with them at another level, then we often get feedback from both levels, or many levels, simultaneously. The thing here is to consider your reaction to what is happening and your decision as to what to do about it. To my view on this the druid energy seems to be leaping off the page - will you leap with it ???

In the peace of the grove and the magic of the waterfall

Shaun
That which I am within is that which is within me
2009 IL
2009 BS
2011 IL

Return to “The Shamanic Druid”