The Faerie Way

A forum for discussion of the Shamanic path.
Forum rules
The focus of this forum is on the positive aspects of Shamanism, especially in connection with Druidry. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and share your ideas and experiences. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.

If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Runwulf

The Faerie Way

Postby Runwulf » 15 Aug 2011, 22:47

Greetings...

Has anyone read The Faerie Way by Hugh Mynne? It's out of print, but I just downloaded it for free and was wondering if anyone has worked with it and had some positive experiences.

Blessings...

Runwulf

Re: The Faerie Way

Postby Runwulf » 17 Aug 2011, 20:56

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 17 Aug 2011, 21:48

Sorry...the only fairy book I've attempted to read is 'The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries' By W. Y. Evans-Wentz.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/index.htm

Sounds interesting, eh? I say I've attempted to read it because I open to the first page and it hits me like propofol, every time. I wake myself up snoring with the book on my face.

How are you doing with your book? Have you read the whole thing, and what are your thoughts on it? Worth reading?
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Runwulf

Postby Runwulf » 18 Aug 2011, 22:11

Greetings...

Thanks for your comment. I know what you mean about "The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries" but it is a great book. The Faerie Way is great, it's making my heart sing, and definitely worth reading if you're interested in such things. But I've only really begun and have to work with the exercises more to go deeper into the Faery reality.

Blessings...

Astrid
OBOD Ovate

Postby Astrid » 19 Aug 2011, 10:49

Greetings...

Thanks for your comment. I know what you mean about "The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries" but it is a great book. The Faerie Way is great, it's making my heart sing, and definitely worth reading if you're interested in such things. But I've only really begun and have to work with the exercises more to go deeper into the Faery reality.

Blessings...
I 'll take you up on that then :grin: I've long wanted to educate myself on faeries so I'll give it a go with this book :cloud9:
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
Dr. Napoleon Hill
ImageImage

Runwulf

Postby Runwulf » 21 Aug 2011, 20:40

Blessings on your journey Astrid! I hope the book helps.

If you're interested in the faery tradition then you should read "Robert Kirk, Walker Between Worlds by R.J. Stewart". It's an annotated edition of a notebook on the faery tradition from 1692, The Secret Commonwealth of Elves Fauns and Fairies by Robert Kirk. It's one of the most important works, so here's the link:

http://www.4shared.com/document/IylvRzT ... _Walk.html

Fare thee well...

cypresseyes
OBOD Bard

Postby cypresseyes » 02 Sep 2012, 05:38

Thanks for the recommended book: The Faerie Way. I have downloaded it and it appears that it will be a good read. I have had Faerie interactions on my wooded property and I want to learn all I can about them.
"I am in the midst of my true life, I am most deeply myself. At times I feel as if I am spread out over the landscape and inside things, and am myself living in every tree, in the splashing of the waves, in the clouds, and the animals that come and go, in the procession the seasons..." Carl Jung: Memories, Dreams, Reflections

Return to “The Shamanic Druid”