SAVE TARA - YOUR HELP NEEDED RIGHT NOW

Post information about Social, Environmental or Political action and activism topics that are appropriate to Druidry, from saving ancient sites and forests to civil rights around the world...
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Beith

SAVE TARA - YOUR HELP NEEDED RIGHT NOW

Postby Beith » 04 May 2007, 22:55

Dear friends,

I am writing this at a rather urgent time to ask for your support.

Tara, the site of the ancient high kings of Ireland in myth and history and a place long associated with druidry, is an area of incredible significance in both the secular and spiritual heritage of Ireland and indeed in the world at large. Tara and the Skryne valley are areas of natural beauty and peace. All of this is under-threat to a large degree by the Irish government's intentions to construct a huge motorway through the Skryne valley which will impact severely on archaeological and historically important areas.

A huge new ceremonial ritual site had been found near Tara, measuring about 3 football fields in size and seems to have had ancient ceremonial functions. This will be destroyed, as well as much of the land in the area, if the government are allowed to continue with the M3 Motorway.

I am editing this post to update it for new info as there are now new ministers in place in the Irish government.

The government has repeatedly refused to re-route the motorway so it does not destroy the land near Tara or invest instead in extending the train line service in the area which would negate the motorway. Although the hill of Tara itself is not under immediate threat, extensive surrounding areas of historical importance will be lost and archaeological matter will be destroyed, sacred land will be overlain with motorway and a huge multi-lane road with floodlights and intersections will impact Tara directly with noise, light pollution and high volumes of traffic. It is the equivalent of bulldozing the valley of the Kings and overlaying it with concrete. All of this is being done in order to sell out land to make profits by private tolls on the motorway.

It is urgent therefore that renewed effort is made to voice the strongest possible opposition for the M3 motorway, especially as the minister is about to rule on the destruction of the latest find.

Please take 5 mins to send a letter to Minister John Gormly and the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Bertie Ahern to protest the Irish government's willful destruction of our most important national heritage sites. They are selling out the land to building contractors who will turn profits from tolls on the motorway. You will find info on that in the below URLs

Postal addresses:
Minister John Gormley,
Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government
Dáil Éireann
Dublin 2
Ireland

Telephone: (Minister's office) + 353 1 8882404 and 8882571

Prime Minister (An Taoiseach)
Bertie Ahern
Dáil Éireann
Dublin 2
Ireland

Cc (Copy to) ..just copy the list of ministers below on your letter as the correspondence should be circulated to all of them by the recipients above, as the Tara/M3 issue impacts on areas of heritage, tourism, arts, culture, finance, transport and education.

Ministers:
Seamus Brennan, Minister for Arts, Sport & Tourism
Noel Dempsey, Minister for Transport
Éamon Ó Cuív, Minister for Rural and Gaeltacht affairs
Mary Hanafin, Minister for Education and Science
Micheál Martin, Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment
Eamon Ryan, Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
Paul Gallagher, Attorney General.
Brian Cowen, Tánaiste (deputy prime minister)

There is a campaign running in protest, I attach links thereto as well so you can find updated info if you request it.

Tarawatch website (with updated info on the site and tons of links)
http://www.tarawatch.org/

Irish Times Newspaper
If you wish to write to the major national newspaper letters page:
lettersed@irish-times.ie

Before the new government was formed (June 14th) the outgoing minister for environment (Dick Roche) signed an order sanctioning continuation of work on motorway construction. This means that the recently discovered ceremonial site at Lismullen - a henge - will now be bulldozed and destroyed. Please do not let this happen.

It only takes a few minutes to write and post a letter but you can make a difference.

PLEASE WRITE NOW!

Many thanks,
Beith
Last edited by Beith on 18 Jun 2007, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.

Eilthireach
OBOD Druid

Postby Eilthireach » 08 May 2007, 08:27

"We are defined by what we remember."

Galina Krasskova, Exploring the Northern Tradition, p. 125

Dear Beith,

about 50 km from my home is the Celtic oppidum of Manching, which in its heyday around 100 BCE was one of the biggest Celtic cities in Europe. Manching is the only Celtic oppidum in all of Europe where the construction of new production plants has been officially approved by the Bavarian State government. The oppidum looks now like the average industry site.      

It is sad to see how we in Europe trample around on the treasures of our cultural and spiritual heritage. Treasures of immeasurable value like Tara, important stepping stones on the way of not only the Irish people, but of all of humankind. Tara is not just an Irish matter, it is part of the common heritage of all the world!      

Druidry in my opinion has a lot to do with the preservation of ancient knowledge and ancestral heritage. As a Druid I support the Save Tara Capaign and I hope that many others will follow!

With blessings from beneath the Bavarian Alps,

Eilthireach  /|\.

I wish to learn the things that are
and understand their nature
and to know God.
(Corpus Hermeticum I,3)

Piastra
Deceased

Postby Piastra » 08 May 2007, 14:15

thank you eilthereach, for your words. i know beith appreciates the support, personally.

however, you are absolutely right in that tara is not just an irish matter. the proposed industrialization of the area embeds a thorn in the flesh of the future of celtic places of reverance as well as the national heritage of ireland. celticism is not geographically defined, but rather spiritually so.

it is good to see you again, my old friend...

from the cold rains of alaska,
chalci
EVER IN SEARCH OF THE WICKERMAN...

Beith

Postby Beith » 08 May 2007, 18:09

Hello Eilthireach and Chalci...I just saw your posts now. Thank you very much for them. You both hit the nail on the head exactly. What is of value and of interest to the many should be preserved, especially when it is a place that has played a pivotal role in history, mythology, spirituality. Here they steam-roller over so much of that. In the 80s for example, a huge viking site was discovered in Dublin (as settlement areas of Dublin were founded by the Vikings about 9th C onwards)...and what did the then government do? They ignored huge protests, petitions, marches and concreted over it, erecting the ugliest possible civic office buildings you can imagine - destroying the site. Ireland for centuries was renowned for preservation, heritage, lore keeping, genealogy, history, place lore, protection of sacred sites...and with the march of "progress" has reversed it entirely. Money rules the day now. That is why we have to protest loudly and do all we can to protect the places that are ancient and important, not just to we Irish, but to all who come here to glimpse history and a little bit of magic first hand.

Thanks for your support. It is really appreciated. I am so sorry for what has happened in other countries too, just as you mention above Eilthireach. It is a travesty and a sin against nature , heritage and man.

Many thanks and best wishes
Beith

Lizzy
OBOD Druid

Postby Lizzy » 08 May 2007, 18:15

Dear Beith,

I posted your message on the Save Our Trees site as well, hope you don't mind.

:shake: Lizzy

Beith

Postby Beith » 08 May 2007, 18:29

Thank you so much Lizzy. Really appreciate it!

Dank u wel!

Beith

Lizzy
OBOD Druid

Postby Lizzy » 08 May 2007, 19:02

You're welcome darling and uhm... you can say 'je' instead of 'u', I won't mind!  :wink:

kytty
OBOD Bard

Postby kytty » 10 May 2007, 00:13

Beith, I was in Ireland 2004 and could not believe my eyes, This motor way cuts through a large tract of land. As there are still good parallell roads, it basically goes nowhere new. All it is doing is causing the wonton distruction of some of the finest land left. I have seen first hand some of the good work that Euros are doing in Ireland, but this... makes my blood boil. (Sorry too much rebel blood in my viens) I've sent a letter to Mr Roche, hope it helps
kytty
spirits of trees
live within us all

there is as much variation within a breed
as there is between them.

2007 SB [img]http://druidry.org/board/dhp/images/smilies/silver-il08.gif[img]

Beith

Postby Beith » 10 May 2007, 13:04

Hi Kytty,

Thank you so much for your words - you are absolutely right. They are about to destroy ancient and sacred sites and bury them with concrete. A ruling is expected on the newest ceremonial site to be discovered (last week) which will be totally destroyed by the road. Alternative routes have been proposed for the road but the government and planners rejected them and people want more train lines instead of roads, which would have lesser environmental impact, but again, that request is not being addressed. So the more protest letters the better, because they are more effective than an e-petition. Getting actual letter mail and emails directly to the minister's office and to the office of the Taoiseach and indeed to opposition party representatives, is very important because it has much more leverage, especially now at election time.

Thank you all sincerely for helping. it is so much needed.

{ps. Hi Michael, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately there is no way anyone could buy that land because even if it were for sale, land prices in Ireland are absolutely astronomical. You'd want to have millions and millions at your disposal). Also the issue is this: this land belongs to the Irish people as part of their national heritage. It shouldn't become privately owned because that can lead to sell outs to developers. You should see the spread of ugly surburban sprawl here because the building trade has been in economic boom for the last 10 years and in some areas, all the green land is gone, now replaced by apartment buildings, high rise offices, etc. It's terrible and indeed as Kytty says, wanton destruction. The best thing people can do, is protest by letter writing in a sustained campaign from both inside Ireland and outside Ireland - from other countries, because this puts international pressure on the government and that is very important. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. beith]

Beith

Postby Beith » 10 May 2007, 15:16

HI Michael, it is already being done. See links to the Tara Campaign and Tara watch above. There are many private individuals and interest groups lobbying on Tara's behalf....everyone from school teachers to University professors, archaeologists, historians, mothers at home, the "man on the street", environmental groups, legal teams, conservationists, folklorists, pagans organisations, etc. There are many groups all lobbying together under the banner of the Save Tara campaign. So if you go to the links I posted and have a look therein, you will see that and you will get updated information on the campaign and various activities ongoing. If you can write a letter to the government in protest - to the minister/Taoiseach above, it will help add your weight to the cause.

Thanks
Beith

ps. thanks for your suggestion implied, about what this order can do, if everyone who is a member of OBOD or this message board, wrote a letter or sent an email to the Minister above - it would mean a huge weight of correspondence. If every person gets active to do that, it would help alot. The message is simple: Save Tara and the surrounding land. No Motorway. Invest in rail links instead of roadway and reduce traffic, pollution, noise. Keep what is ancient, sacred and the inheritance of today's people from their ancestors of the past. The world is watching the Irish government and how they manage their own heritage.

Many thanks
Beith

Beith

Postby Beith » 10 May 2007, 15:44

..and are absolutely given with enthusiasm for your project!

I wish you much good luck with it Michael and I look forward to hearing more about it, so please keep us posted on it. Did you see Lizzy's website mentioned above? The Save Our Trees forum - linked via URL in her first reply to me above. You might like to join up there and post more on your ventures. I hope sincerely you can manage to do it. it is a very worthwhile cause. I think people are genuinely more interested in such things nowadays because land is becoming so precious - especially in smaller countries where we do not have the vastness of the open space you folks have in the US and Canada etc. We are seeing our cities sprawl out over green fields and absorb them into an urban mess. Land prices are premium here... give you an example, an area in Dublin of prime development territory, went for 260 million euros for about 5 acres in 2005. I dread to think what the price would be today. A 3-4 bedroomed house of decent size in a reasonable area (nothing special, no extensive gardens or land)...goes for about 1-1.3 million. It is outrageous. Hence property development has been shooting up all over the place as people sell of land - even their gardens, for enormous amounts of money. Then the government privatizes roads be giving contracts to toll companies who stand to earn a fortune from the deal. And all the time, the land is getting eroded away and covered by asphalt and concrete. It is a travesty. Especially because it deprives many people from living in an environment with trees and space and wildlife and it destroys areas of great natural beauty, heritage sites and former rights of way.

I wish you luck with your endeavours. Thank you so much for writing and helping us with ours.

Best wishes
Beith

Beith

Postby Beith » 16 Jun 2007, 16:04

Hi, my post here seems to have disappeared so I will try again

UPDATE INFORMATION ON TARA: JUNE 2007

Dear all,

Could you please help by writing a letter to the below ministers in the Irish government to protest the motorway building at Tara? As of this week, the outgoing minister for the Environment signed an order sanctioning the continued construction of the M3 motorway through Tara-Skryne vally. This will in effect, destroy many ancient archaeological sites including the recently discovered 80m-wide ceremonial site at Lismullen, near Tara, and will cut through Ireland's ancient "valley of the kings" bringing huge amounts of traffic, noise and light pollution to the prime ancient ritual site of kingship, druidry and celtic history in Ireland. There is a continuing campaign of protest against the M3 motorway at Tara and as we have a new government this week, there is now a chance to refresh the focus on Tara with the new ministers. Because the last one signed the order to proceed, it doesn't require cabinet approval - which is a dangerous thing for Tara, so we need to get the issue back on the table again and the best way to do that, is by applying world focus. Which is where your help is needed and would be so much appreciated.

Could you please take a few minutes to write a letter to voice your protest at the M3 motorway and destruction of Ireland's foremost heritage area.

The addresses and names of the ministers are below, along with some suggested points for a letter, should you wish to use them.

I thank you so much for your help,

le dea guí - with good wishes,
Beith

WRITE TO:

John Gormley, Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local government & Bertie Ahern, Taoiseach (Irish Prime Minister)

Postal Address: The Dáil, Leinster House, Dublin 2, Ireland [/color]

Cc (Copy to) ..just copy the list of ministers below on your letter as the correspondence should be circulated to all of them as the Tara/M3 issue impacts on areas of heritage, tourism, arts, culture, finance, transport and education.

Ministers:
Seamus Brennan, Minister for Arts, Sport & Tourism
Noel Dempsey, Minister for Transport
Éamon Ó Cuív, Minister for Rural and Gaeltacht affairs
Mary Hanafin, Minister for Education and Science
Micheál Martin, Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment
Eamon Ryan, Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
Paul Gallagher, Attorney General.
Brian Cowen, Tánaiste (deputy prime minister)

Suggested topics to include in letter:

(a) voice disgust with the plans to put the M3 motorway through an area of prime importance in heritage,culture and history. This act is an outrage and a desecration of a sacred as well as historic sites of global, not just national importance.

(b) ask improvement and increase of railway lines in this area to take more commuters off the roads and re-routing/negation of the motorway.

(c) state that Tara is of world importance and the eyes of the world are on the Irish government and their actions in this matter.[/color]

(News article Thurs 14th June)
RTÉ News has learned that the outgoing Minister for the Environment, Dick Roche, has signed an order that will lead to a resumption of work on the M3 near Tara.

Mr Roche has decided that the new National Monument found at Lismullen should be preserved 'by record', in other words, studied in detail and then the motorway will be built as scheduled.

The order comes under the remit of the Minister for the Environment and does not require Cabinet approval.

AdvertisementIt will be the first controversy to hit the new Government, as the Green Party has long held that the route of the M3 is wrong.

John Gormley of the Green Party has this evening been announced as the new Minister for the Environment.

Vincent Salafia of TaraWatch said the group is appalled at the decision about the motorway, particularly given a new more environment friendly government is to take power.

He said he thought there would, at the very least, have been a re-assessment of the project before any decision was taken.

Mr Salafia said it was now certain that legal action would be taken against the project, which the new Minister for the Environment, John Gormley, would have to defend.

kytty
OBOD Bard

Postby kytty » 03 Jul 2007, 04:11

Beith, the following is an email received from Mr J Gormeley dated 9 June 2007. Sorry Im so late posting it. I have ben having trouble with receiving emails.

Thank you for your email concerning the M3 motorway and the site at
Lismullin, Co. Meath.  I spent all day Friday, right up until 11pm,
Saturday morning and even parts of Sunday talking to archaeologists and

legal people. I phoned the Attorney General at his home on Saturday.
The official and independent legal advice confirms that my hands are
tied in this instance, despite what certain opposition parties are
claiming.

I am fully committed to preserving the archaeological heritage of the
area. It is my intention to meet with members of the archaeological
community next week, and with the Director of the National Museum, to
hear their views in regard to any future archaeological finds.

Regards

Mr. John Gormley T.D.,
Minister for the Environment,
Heritage and Local Government

I dont think for a moment that this is an acceptable answer, and have sent a further letter stating so, and asking why his hands are so tied, and what is the Irish gov. proposing to do should finds be uncovered during the road building process
I feel very frustrated that more is not being done. I wish there was more I could do.
spirits of trees
live within us all

there is as much variation within a breed
as there is between them.

2007 SB [img]http://druidry.org/board/dhp/images/smilies/silver-il08.gif[img]

Andraste

Postby Andraste » 10 Jul 2007, 20:32

Im going to the protest outside the Irish embassy in Grosvenor Place on Friday the 13th [!] to bring the Tara desecration to the notice of as many as possible, anyone on here going too?

Got my train ticket so going to make sure Friday 13th is a positive thing!
:blink:
Andraste

Edit: 11 July - Dont know if this could be announced anywhere else on here - if the Mods think fit please?

blessings and thanks   - Andraste
Last edited by Andraste on 12 Jul 2007, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
http://sacredgroveukwesternisles.co.uk

Jingle
OBOD Ovate

Postby Jingle » 10 Jul 2007, 20:43

Is there a group protesting on that day?  Perhaps an addtional Action Alerts and/or Announcements posting with date, time and place in the header would be appropriate for this important subject, especially if it's an organized event.
Light,

Jingle

ImageImage :ioho: :recycle:
2008 IL
2009 BS
---------------
Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way: Rich I felt when I found another; Man rejoices in man. ~ Hávamál
----------------
Avatar edited from http://www.hawkmountain.org - watching and protecting our magnificent birds of prey...

dmiley

Postby dmiley » 11 Jul 2007, 03:24

http://new.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?taram3

This seems to be a current petition aimed at Minister Gormley. There are others at the same petiononline site.  

peace and health,
david

Andraste

Postby Andraste » 12 Jul 2007, 00:07

Many of us have been campaigning for over a year to protect the area being affected by the motorway - but we are meeting in Grosevenor Place to peacefully protest at 12 noon, Friday 13th.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInforma ... /1195/#MAP

So, if anyone is going, as I say, do let us know so we can meet up with you - or look out for me at least, I shall [most likely] be the only one in my shaman white robe with swan feathers - I would like to present the Irish Embassador with a Swan feather, to remind him of the sacred loyalty and faith he should be encouraging his government to show on behalf of his ancestors, mine too for I have Irish ancestory on my mother's side - swan: loyalty, bravery, strength of purpose and integrity and in this instance, to use his instinctive intuition to know what is the right course of action.

From the Tara Watch website, great news  recently that the World Monument Fund agreed to take on Tara as a monument in peril, and members of the New York based Fund, whose representatives were met in London by Andred, Dazem and others of TaraWatch, are going or have gone to visit Tara.  Also, we have been writing to our MEPs to complain as there is a European Directive to protect such historical and sacred places.  My own MEP Giles Chichester has written back to me that he is monitoring the questions laid in from of the EU Commission by himself and other MEPs on our behalf - quote from Tara Watch website:
http://tarawatch.org/?cat=15

Tara ‘crisis’ gets international recognition

The Hill of Tara was recognised last week as an endangered site due to government proposals to route the M3 motorway around it

Sunday Tribune
10 June 2007

Isobel Hayes

FOR the tireless campaigners at the Hill of Tara, it’s been a week of ups and downs. Last Wednesday, it was announced that the World Monuments Fund (WMF) has  included the heritage site in its watch list of 100 most endangered sites.

“It’s fantastic news for us,”said Salafia, head of the TaraWatch campaign. “It shows the world and the rest of the country that we’re not just a bunch of cranks and that this is an internationally-recognised crisis.”

Unfortunately, on this sunny Saturday morning, it is looking as if the Green Party may not re-enter talks with Fianna Fail and the Green Party is very important to the Hill of Tara campaign.

As the group of campaigners gather at the visitors’ centre, they take a long look at the rolling green hills of Tara, where the last battle of the Fianna took place in 3500 BC.

“It’s inredible to think that anyone could even consider putting a big floodlit motorway down there,” said Laura Grealish. “We’re disappointed about the Green Party talks breaking down but Labour also said they would re-route the motorway so we can still hope.”

That hope became stronger with the news that the Hill of Tara is now an internationally recognised endangered site due to Government proposals to pu the M3 motorway close to it.

The WMF has also helped save about 450 irreplaceable sites around the world, including the vast temples of Angkor, Cambodia, and the historic centre of Mexico City. The New-York-based group has a 75% success rate but already it has expressed concern that Tara may prove to be beyond even its influence.

“The president of the organisation has said that Tara will be their biggest advocacy challenge yet,” said Salafia. It makes no difference that minister for transport Martin Cullen is pictured in the WMF brochure taking part in an event.

“The government has continuously failed to protect this site or consider the many alternative routes that are open to them.”

This morning, there are more protestors from America, Britain and Poland than there are from Ireland. The Tara situation has made a bigger impact abroad than it has in its own country.

“We’ve had our own problems in the UK, but nothing like this,” said Natasha Kenyon, from the heritage site of Amesbury in England. “The Irish are bulldozing their own history. Has there not been a national outcry?

There hasn’t really - mainly, said Salafia, because of the success of the National Roads Authority in convincing the public the motorway will not go near the heritage site.

“They even made a DVD about it. But the motorway cuts right across the lower part of the hill. There’s no denying it.”

The recent discovery of an ancient wood henge at Lismullen, along with the remains of a large dog, which have now been removed, has given greater strength to the Tara campaign. Close by this site, protestors remain camped out in the woods on ‘construction watch’. Every morning at 6am they attempt to prevent construction continuing.

“Have you brought any milk?” long-term protestor Dan Moloney asks Salafia as he approaches the campsite. “Oh well.”

By the summer solstice on 21 June Moloney will have been camping in Tara for a year. “I gave up my job on an oyster farm to come here. I feel it’s more important.

Polish archaeologist Martin Sawiski arrived six months ago and has stayed to help the campaign in every way he can.

“Do you remember when the Buddha statute was bombed in Afganistan in 2001 and there was international outrage?” he said. “This is the very same.”

It was mentioned on Radio 4 today so a friend told me, I missed it - perhaps we will get some pubilicity on Friday, I have telephone English Heritage to ask what their definition of an artefact was, and they were amazed at what is happening to Tara, cant interfere of course.

Please send us good thoughts if you cannot come, Tara belongs to the world, we need to be seen to be saying we are here to protect the sacred places of the world.

in love and peace

Andrate
http://sacredgroveukwesternisles.co.uk

Gina the Weaver

savetara, benenfit gig

Postby Gina the Weaver » 12 Jul 2007, 17:35

thanks for the posting, I had actually come to the board to put the same message up, I'm glad it is already here.  their is a benefit gig in bristol at the Eldon House Pub, Clifton on sunday 22nd July, see myspace.com/eldonhouse, im doing some music/poetry mix.
also, will be writing letters for sure & looking into going over there, (bit harder to do).
by synchronious magic, I stood on the Hill of Tara in 1992 and had it all to myself for 20mins,  still remembered.  special place.
I agree with the other comments re destruction of heritage that is Eire's & the worlds.  from a hard headed tourism/financial angle,  I think the irish government are shooting themselves in the foot by ruining this area, it's so much more attractive in it's relatively unspoilt condition, it's the spiritual/historical aspect of the damage that hurts me the most.
peace, gina.

Beith

Postby Beith » 18 Jul 2007, 15:50

Hello all,

thanks for your help and attention. Update information follows:

Destruction continues at Tara-Skryne (Gabhra Valley)

On Monday 4th July, at 4am, the Baronstown archaeological site was bulldozed and entirely destroyed by government contractors. This was a huge ceremonial area, even larger than the recently discovered 4000 year old 80 metre Lismullen henge. It was to have been given national monument status, but is now gone forever.

This is an ariel shot of the excavation area before it was destroyed. Now it is rubble and dirt and waiting for asphalt and tarmac.

http://www.savetara.com/statements/0704 ... stown.html

Lismullen (Lismullin), a huge pagan ceremonial site near Tara is under the same threat of being "preserved by record" and bulldozed to make way for the road since the order of the last minister for the Environment. I understand the matter is now in the EU commission and Ireland has been sent a warning that destruction is illegal, but so far there has been no reverse decision on this motorway route and no stopping of the destruction of our most sacred pagan sites.

This is what they are doing:[photo by Paula Gerhity, per Irish Times newspaper] http://tarawatch.org/?page_id=397

A protest march is planned in Dublin on Sat 21st July 2007. A new round of letters to flood the government offices would be highly timely. Also emails to the EU Environment commissioner Stavros Dimas, whose office I believe have sent a warning to the Irish government that destruction at Lismullen is illegal.

Please write.

Minister John Gormley (Minister for the Environment)
Taoiseach Bertie Ahern (Prime Minister)
Dáil Éireann
Leinster House
Dublin 2
Ireland

Stavros Dimas, EU Environmental Commissioner
stavros.dimas@ec.europa.eu

it would be good if your letter to the Irish goverment was sent also by email copy to the EU commissioner perhaps, so that they are aware of international focus on the Irish gov.

Many thanks for your help

Beith

Philip
OBOD Druid

Re: SAVE TARA - YOUR HELP NEEDED RIGHT NOW

Postby Philip » 17 Oct 2007, 13:07

Return to “Action Alerts: What can YOU do?”