Animal Action Alerts

Post information about Social, Environmental or Political action and activism topics that are appropriate to Druidry, from saving ancient sites and forests to civil rights around the world...
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Jingle
OBOD Ovate

Animal Action Alerts

Postby Jingle » 29 Jun 2008, 02:54

... and in the knowledge of justice, the love of it,
and in the love of it, the love of all existences,
and in the love of all existences, the love of the divine, and all goodness.

Thus ends the Druids Prayer.

In our love of all existences we include a deep respect for nature and the animals around us.

Unfortunately, in today's world, we see daily examples of humans abusing and mistreating animals, in the wild, in the laboratory, in kennels, in zoos and in homes. Animals bred for fighting and killing each other, animals starved to death for th sake of "art", animals hunted from helicopters. We see animals losing their habitats and food sources due to deforestation, reduction of the polar ice pack, and over-fishing. We have eliminated predators in much of the world, giving way to overpopulations and starvation of prey species. We see a push toward alternative energy in wind power, but don't always respect the migration paths of our birds of prey.

There are so many issues dealing with animals, and so many of us want to help.

To that end, we would like to introduce a new subforum called Animal Action Alerts specifically for Action Alerts that pertain to animals and animal rights. The new subforum is located in the "All Creatures Great And Small" forum. This will set these actions apart as a special group for those of us with a keen interest to protect the lifeforms that share our planet.

Please post all new Action Alerts and Petition Requests relating to animals in that subforum which can be found here:
http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewforum.php?f=195
Light,

Jingle

ImageImage :ioho: :recycle:
2008 IL
2009 BS
---------------
Young and alone on a long road, Once I lost my way: Rich I felt when I found another; Man rejoices in man. ~ Hávamál
----------------
Avatar edited from http://www.hawkmountain.org - watching and protecting our magnificent birds of prey...

Bard van Baerloo
OBOD Ovate

Re: Animal Action Alerts

Postby Bard van Baerloo » 08 Dec 2013, 13:08

I can't enter the animal action page. Is that still due to the recent general problem? Greetings!
If i have done but little good, i trust i have done less harm.
Samuel Pickwick, Esq. G.C.M.P.C.

Return to “Action Alerts: What can YOU do?”