June '08 Seminar: Meeting the Shining Ones

Welcome to the Speakers' Corner, where members presented monthly seminars.

Moderators: Bracken, Oakapple

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: June Seminar: Meeting the Shining Ones

Postby Selene » 09 Jun 2008, 03:12

Wonderful seminar, Eilthireach! As always, you put together things that make us think and encourage us to expand our horizons. Very well done, my friend! :applause:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

ghostbear

Postby ghostbear » 11 Jun 2008, 02:42

Great seminar. I have question, If you were chosen by a god/goddess why would he/she choose not to reveal to you?

I have situation, that occured back in April. I was helping some freinds move from an appartment that they were being evicted from. I knew one of them, the other was his girlfriend (now his wife). While I helped them I found out she was an empath. During the time I was helping them, she was trying to read me and found me very interesting. This is because my energy was quite different then she senced before. She recognized that I was psyhic but was not sure what type (I am not sure my self). She discribed my energy as intence, powerful, and dangeruos but completely calm. During one of breaks, I was sitting thinking about their future and how bad it was going to get, because they going to his parents house and his parents rough indivuals (even by my standards). I knew this was going to really stressful for her, because of this I trying form plans to get them out of their situation. I was stressing about (I normaly do not stress about these things), then I fealt my left eye begin to burn. She noticed this and looked at to watch my eye change. She describe it as my eye darken, the white part was a light grey, my iris was a midnight blue. My left eye suddenly looked at her in the eyes, in that second my mind was filled with images of her life. Then my eye return to normal, and I heard a very kind female voice say "Sorry there is nothing you can do for her now, but do not worry there will be a time you can help her. You can help him though." Before I can respond to the voice, I had to calm her down. I explained to her what it fealt like leaving out the images that i saw. She knew I learned something about her and did not let up until I told her something. I told that she was pregnant and told her when to take the pregnency test to confirm my theory. I did not tell her the pregnency would end up in a miscarge, it played out exactly as I saw it. I was able to help him move past something was holding him, it occured when he was young and he forgot about. Yet some how I knew about it. She wanted to help me to find what this entity was, she tryed to hipmotize. It did not work, the same female voice giggled and said "It will not be that easy, but will get your answers once you know the questions. Just tell her the oracle is not ready. No you are not the oracle."

My left eye still does not feel right since the same for my left cheek. The voice has not spoken since but I can feel a presence in the back of my mind. Umm, what should I do?

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Postby wyeuro » 11 Jun 2008, 06:50

My left eye still does not feel right since the same for my left cheek. The voice has not spoken since but I can feel a presence in the back of my mind. Umm, what should I do?
Well, ghostbear, I get that there's no problem here. You're holding the sensations, because you love what caused it and it loves you. Maybe it will fade but you know it is there. It's your system controlling it, even if you're not yet completely conscious of that. It's good. So are all of you. Put peace and love and light into the situation they are moving into or are now in. You are a good shaman - imho!
wyverne /|\

Eilthireach
OBOD Druid

Postby Eilthireach » 11 Jun 2008, 10:42

Hello Ghostbear,

my article was directed at how to establish communication with the gods and goddesses.

In your story the communication is already established, the question is with whom.
If the gods manifest in our lives, they are usually interested in letting us know who they are. There are always exemptions to the rule, though.
In your case all kinds of spiritual entities come into consideration: nature spirits, ancestors, deities. Telepathy? Sometimes pure intuition manifests as voice.

In your place I would try to find out to whom the voice belongs, with the help of my patron deities/inner guardians/guides. Until the source is not identified, I'd apply common sense and a bit of cautiousness.

Good luck to you!

Eilthireach /|\.

I wish to learn the things that are
and understand their nature
and to know God.
(Corpus Hermeticum I,3)

Eilthireach
OBOD Druid

Postby Eilthireach » 12 Jun 2008, 06:31

Thank you for all your positive comments so far!
For a non-native English speaker writing such a long article is always extra tricky, so I find your reactions quite overwhelming.

Thanks a lot! :tiphat:

Eilthireach /|\.

I wish to learn the things that are
and understand their nature
and to know God.
(Corpus Hermeticum I,3)

pangurban
OBOD Bard

Postby pangurban » 12 Jun 2008, 08:27

Great article Ellthireach :applause:

I have a couple of thoughts to share, the first follows on from the idea of finding out what animals are associated with a particular Deity. It is to do with place. Is the Deity you want to connect with a forest one or maybe one that is drawn to water, find out which habitat they feel comfortable in and go to that habitat either in person or meditatively and see what transpires.

Secondly nothing is set in stone. I think the Gods/esses chose us and this maybe for a life long association of a few weeks dependent on a need for that moment in time.
"Maybe to see faeries you have to believe in them first"
Philip Carr-Gomm

2009 SB

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 12 Jun 2008, 12:40

Greetings Eilthireach,
ahh yes I was talking about him. The other day, cycling into work, I was just wondering whether he's about at the moment. As I looked skyward into the near cloudless sky all I could see was a cloud forming the < of the Kaunaz rune (the rune I associated with him)!

Cheers, Dave.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Eilthireach
OBOD Druid

Postby Eilthireach » 27 Jun 2008, 07:53

Greetings!

As the 'life time' of my seminar comes to an end, I wanted to thank all readers for their attention, and all who responded to this thread for their comments. It has been a pleasure to work for you.
:tiphat:

The seminar will not land in the abyss, but the attic :wink: , and hopefully continue to be of use there. I have also agreed to publication on a private website.

May the gods and goddesses always guide you and protect you,

Eilthireach /|\.

dvawlqos

Postby dvawlqos » 29 Jul 2011, 19:30

:applause:

Just one remark. I can imagine me making a "sacrifice" in favor of a fellow man, not to please or charm a deity.
Actually, it's more like the way you would make a nice meal for your mother -- you don't do it to charm her into giving you stuff, but because you already have a relationship with her. A sacrifice to charm the gods into giving you something is huberistic to me -- akin to only doing nice things for your mother when you want something. That's not how sacrifices work. :old:
Much that was called religion has carried an unconscious attitude of hostility toward life. True religion must teach that life is filled with joys pleasing to the eye of God, that knowledge without action is empty. All men must see that the teaching of religion by rules and rote is largely a hoax. The proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you’ve always known.

Conclusion of the "Commentaries" in "Appendix II: The Religion of Dune"

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: June '08 Seminar: Meeting the Shining Ones

Postby Heddwen » 16 Sep 2011, 19:31

Its the act of embodiement or assuming the God form that fascinates me. Shame its gne out of fashion these days.Interesting seminar.

Return to “The Speakers' Corner”