January Seminar : What can a Druid do with Tarot Cards?

Welcome to the Speakers' Corner, where members presented monthly seminars.

Moderators: Bracken, Oakapple

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Bartholomew

Re: January Seminar : What can a Druid do with Tarot Cards?

Postby Bartholomew » 18 Jan 2011, 10:54

I have four tarot decks and I try to read them at least once a week a full spread, and maybe one card a day.

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Postby Badger Bob » 18 Jan 2011, 13:57

Excellent seminar Creirwy, I have only just got around to reading it but it is now archived to my Kindle for future reference. I never did learn the associations given in the books that come with the decks (I only have 27 decks, I stopped at an auspicious number!) so I tend to get on with very pictorial decks best, especially the Druidcraft and the Arthurian Tarot. I might just have to go card shopping again...

Paul Mitchell

Postby Paul Mitchell » 18 Jan 2011, 16:53

Excellent stuff!

I am a bit of a fan of the tarot. A technique I applied was to utilise the cards to represent a story. To this end I identified the main characters in the Gwion / Taliesin tale and identified cards I felt represented some of the transitions in that tale (I used the Druidcraft Tarot). This laid before me a whole set of symbols that were attached to those characters and events... and from this came a meditation on some aspects of that tale (and even a song).

A really well crafted seminar Creirwy, thanks for sharing! :tiphat:
Check out http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ragingpagan
or... if you like your English Folk locked and loaded.. http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/madmagdalen

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 18 Jan 2011, 17:23

Well done, a wonderful and inspirational seminar :)

Dru
OBOD Ovate

Postby Dru » 20 Feb 2011, 09:01

Great seminar. It's funny that I just now come across this as I've been doing this exact thing with the Druid Animal Oracle I just purchased a few days ago. While I enjoy the book it came with, I feel a better connection with each card if I make my own interpretation and flip one and focus on what draws my eye. It's amazing all you can find on a single card. I always wonder if I missed things before or if my subconcious mind ignored it so I focus on some other detail on the card to help guide my concious mind to a task, thought or decision at hand. Great stuff and can't wait to get some tarot and contunue my journey with the oracles as I start my Bardic journey. Again, thank you for this.

Creirwy
OBOD Ovate

Postby Creirwy » 21 May 2011, 16:05

Its so heart warming to see that words once typed hoping to relay to others how I use tarot cards, is inspiring others :D

From tiny seeds, huge forests grow!

Blessings,
C
x

reilz81
OBOD Bard

Postby reilz81 » 17 Jul 2011, 10:01

the tossing the book theory is great, if you can do it but I've found that i still need the book, for spreads and such, i try to use it as little as possible.

Vapour Trail

Postby Vapour Trail » 13 Jun 2013, 23:30

May I also recommend the following druid-related tarot decks which have been my personal favourites in addition to the Druidcraft Tarot mentioned in the seminar?
Each pack has its own specialities but you have to find out what works for you in the circumstances that you need them.

Enjoy.
Positive energies.

Vapour Trail
...and then he was gone...

http://www.hedgedruid.com : The dowsing and druidry blog

Return to “The Speakers' Corner”