February 2011 - Tai Chi & Druidry - a personal journey

Welcome to the Speakers' Corner, where members presented monthly seminars.

Moderators: Bracken, Oakapple

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
mantis
OBOD Bard

Re: February 2011 - Tai Chi & Druidry - a personal journey

Postby mantis » 19 Feb 2011, 19:29

Yes,I know the ali-huffle mid form to create space well.Lol.I'm an eskrima instructor as well so I have to wait for the wife to go out before I play in house.As for spear work I strugle for room even in garden.

coldcell
OBOD Ovate

Postby coldcell » 27 Feb 2011, 07:55

Hi all,

I would just like to bump this up for the last couple of days of February, as in March we have a talk I know quite a few of you are looking forward to - Merlyn on Dragons and Dragon Lore..

Many thanks to Frog for all his hard work in producing an excellent seminar!

Best wishes,

Jason
'do or do not - there is no try.'

ImageImage

Blind Owl
OBOD Bard

Postby Blind Owl » 07 Mar 2011, 20:32

Thanks Frog for this, have read it with great interest, and enjoyed it greatly.

I am only a guest here and am yet to commit to the OBOD course one way or another, but even without having begun the course I can say it is Qigong which in part is responsible for me finding myself here. Practicing among and with trees, even only having scratched the surface as I have, is a deeply rewarding experience and has certainly spurred me on to explore a means of entering deeper into this dance.
If scissors are not used daily on the beard, it will not be long before the beard by its luxurient growth, pretends to be the head. Hakim Jami (1414 - 1492)

Image Image
2011 BS 2011 LI

Frog
OBOD Druid

Postby Frog » 08 Mar 2011, 13:37

Thanks Frog for this, have read it with great interest, and enjoyed it greatly.

I am only a guest here and am yet to commit to the OBOD course one way or another, but even without having begun the course I can say it is Qigong which in part is responsible for me finding myself here. Practicing among and with trees, even only having scratched the surface as I have, is a deeply rewarding experience and has certainly spurred me on to explore a means of entering deeper into this dance.
Hello Blind Owl and Welcome!

There is something beautiful about practicing Tai Chi / Qigong in a woodland setting. I think that scientists have discovered that the air in the woods is charged differently - and certainly there are eastern medical thinking that promotes frequent woodland walks as heath giving.
I wish you every happiness on your dance.
"Don't look to the end of the rainbow for the pot of gold; it's already under your feet"
Enjoy this life. It would be a shame if we looked forward to the next, only to find we forgot the one before.

Image ImageImage
ImageI08; 2010 BS, SB; 2011 IL; 2011 BS
ImageSpeakers Corner, 2011

My spiritual blog: http://theblackcrane.wordpress.com
Bardic Inspirations (Stories/rambles): http://frog101.wordpress.com

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 13 Apr 2011, 13:57

Very interesting. I am learning Lam style. I intend to learn Yang at some point.
I had a shock the other day when I caught sight of the huge biceps I have developed!
BB

Shirley
Try to live each day as if it were your last

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Postby Badger Bob » 13 Apr 2011, 17:39

I have just joined the local Kung Fu school, my first class is in about an hour. I have been told we are learning Wing Chun in the Kung Fu lesson and Yang Style short form in the Tai Chi lesson. Should be good.

Return to “The Speakers' Corner”