Random things

Show us your graphic talents, photos or multimedia creations. Expect critiques and suggestions.
TristessaKC

Random things

Postby TristessaKC » 02 Feb 2015, 06:08

I've been taking a lot of pictures. Unfortunately my battery and charger for my Canon have bit the dust and I haven't been able to use it (I have new one's on the way, YAY!! :yay: )
I have a smaller really cheap Vivitar point and shoot that I've been using and have found that the camera on my phone is quite amazing. I have a photo editing app on my phone that does an awesome job (not bad for a free app!) Anyway, I hope you enjoy them :D I certainly have been having fun taking them.

The first four are pictures from my phone. I am not exactly sure of the specs of the camera, it's on my Galaxy S5. The app I use to edit the pictures is called Photo Editor+ The first two pictures are of me, the second are of Chenzen.
me1.jpg
me1.jpg (53.29 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
eyes.jpg
eyes.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
hide.jpg
hide.jpg (31.66 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

These next four are from my Vivitar. Its just a very basic point and shoot digital camera I won at a raffle. It does pretty well considering its 8 years old and a 4 MP. These photos are not edited.
sky.jpg
sky.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
picsun.jpg
picsun.jpg (52.23 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
berry.jpg
berry.jpg (111.38 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
grow.jpg
grow.jpg (123.02 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
Life is not about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Random things

Postby ShadowCat » 02 Feb 2015, 09:36

Nice images Tristessa...

I always say that one can make very good pics with a phone or a point-and-shooter if one has a basic feeling for composition. On the other hand, there are many folks with 1000's of bucks of equipment but no fantasy or feeling, and their images never have that "je ne sais quois". In the end it's the eye and mind of the photographer that make good images, not the camera.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Return to “Visual Arts and Multimedia Forum”