Performance Art.

Show us your graphic talents, photos or multimedia creations. Expect critiques and suggestions.
Markjones
OBOD Bard

Performance Art.

Postby Markjones » 23 Sep 2015, 15:08

Hi there, first post!

I have today signed up to the OBOD, and am looking forward to receiving my first lessons. In the mean time I was wondering if and how other people have integrated performance art into their Druidry. Obviously story telling is considered a performance art, and I do intend to work on this, but many years ago I was a street performer/juggler. Has anyone else practiced these arts as part of their Druidry?

Regards

Mark

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Performance Art.

Postby Heddwen » 23 Sep 2015, 18:08

Hi there, first post!

I have today signed up to the OBOD, and am looking forward to receiving my first lessons. In the mean time I was wondering if and how other people have integrated performance art into their Druidry. Obviously story telling is considered a performance art, and I do intend to work on this, but many years ago I was a street performer/juggler. Has anyone else practiced these arts as part of their Druidry?

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark, welcome to the OBOD board, interesting question....are you a storyteller?

Acacia
OBOD Ovate

Postby Acacia » 23 Sep 2015, 23:42

I was wondering if and how other people have integrated performance art into their Druidry. Obviously story telling is considered a performance art, and I do intend to work on this, but many years ago I was a street performer/juggler. Has anyone else practiced these arts as part of their Druidry?
I danced for many years with a non-professional performance troupe of Irish Ceili Dancers and loved it. When some diddly-dee music comes on I still break out into some of the steps. And I have a concertina and a tin whistle, and played for many years in Irish music sessions, although now playing only at home as I lack the time for the continuous need to practise.

Acacia
"Trees are sanctuaries.
Whoever knows how to speak to them
Whoever knows how to listen to them
Can learn the truth."

Hermann Hesse.
Image 2016IL 2016SB

Markjones
OBOD Bard

Postby Markjones » 24 Sep 2015, 13:42

I can't say I am currently a story teller, though that doesn't stop me having a go! It is something I intend to work on, but the idea of integrating this with other forms of performance art interests me.

Green Raven

Postby Green Raven » 24 Sep 2015, 15:14

I love the idea of ‘sacred juggling’. It would be an excellent moving meditation and one would have to be absolutely ‘in the now’, concentrating, totally at home in one’s body, self and place.

But what to juggle? Menhirs?
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 24 Sep 2015, 15:37

I can't say I am currently a story teller, though that doesn't stop me having a go! It is something I intend to work on, but the idea of integrating this with other forms of performance art interests me.
I only ask because story telling and other forms of performance art are good skills to have if you 're thinking of attending a circle/ritual/gathering. Around the bonfire is a great place to be for the eisteddfod section of any celebration :warm:

Return to “Visual Arts and Multimedia Forum”