On November 1, 2017, the Discussion Forums will be closed to non-OBOD members. In order to retain access, you must be a member of one of the grade forums, e.g., Bards, Ovates, or Druids (or the equivalent forums for other languages). If you are an OBOD member and have not yet requested access to your grade forum, please do so without delay. (Please note that OBOD memberships do not expire and there are no dues to pay to remain in good standing! If you were ever a member and received the monthly gwersi packets, you are still a member and eligible to join the members-only forums here, no matter how long ago you were working on the course or how far you've progressed.) The procedure for gaining access to the members' forums is as follows:
1. If you haven't already registered an account here on the discussion forums, do so now. Just click the "Register" link at the top right of the page and follow the prompts; click "Submit" when finished. The CAPTCHA (anti-spambot thing) requires the "password" from the letter that came with your first set of gwersi. If you don't have it, write email@example.com and I'll help you register.
2. Once you have registered, send an e-mail to OBODforumaccess@druidry.org and provide the following information:
- Your username on this forum
- Your real name (as registered with OBOD)
- Your city, state/province etc., and country of residence or on record with with OBOD (specific street address is not needed)
- If sharing gwersi with another member, that person's name and city
- The OBOD grade forum to which you're requesting access (i.e., whichever you are currently studying—Bard, Ovate, or Druid)
- The grade-specific password (same word you used to create your account) from the letter that came with your first packet (if you don't have the letter, use ALTERNATE VERIFICATION PROCEDURE, below)
ALTERNATE VERIFICATION PROCEDURE
In the absence of a verification word, please supply a quote from the gwersi you're studying, as follows:
- Bards: The first line of the first paragraph on the first white page of Bardic Gwers 3 (p. 55). Hint: it's a long sentence and the second word is "central." If you have the audio version only, quote the first line of track 1 of the CD that has the first 4 gwersi.
- Ovates: The first line of the first paragraph of Ovate Gwers 1. If you have only the audio version, quote the first line of track 1 of the first CD.
- Druids: The first line of the first paragraph of Druid Gwers 1.
3. I will activate your account as soon as possible, usually within a few days of your registering, and add you to the appropriate grade forum (which will also give you access to OBOD General Discussion, Groves and Seedgroups, and Camps and Festivals). When you receive a note from me welcoming you to the forum, you're ready to go!
Please note: we are not tied to the Order's database of members; the discussion forums are administered separately, which is why we must ask for these verification procedures.
FOR MEMBERS ENROLLED IN THE DUTCH, FRENCH, AND GERMAN EDITIONS OF THE COURSE
To gain access to these forums, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Include the information specified above, which language forum you want to join, and the password given to you in the letter you received at the beginning of the course.
Nederlands: Forum for OBOD members enrolled in the Dutch language version of the Bardic course
Français: Forum for OBOD members enrolled in the French language version of the Bardic course
Deutsch: Forum for OBOD members enrolled in the German language version of the Bardic course
Ovaten: Forum for OBOD members enrolled in the German language version of the Ovate course