Radio Druid

Post links of interest to Druids.
Forum rules
This forum is for providing links you think may be of interest to our members.

Commercial links are allowed only if the subject line starts with "COMMERCIAL: "

Anyone adding an inappropriate link, especially for those under 18 year old, as determined by moderators and administrators, will be banned from this board. No other warning will be given.

When posting a link, please give a description of what the link is and how it relates to druidry.

For any You Tube links, please also post the length of the video.

Please be courteous and remember that not everyone has a high speed connection. A four-minute video can take several hours to download on dial-up. Let this be a resource for all of us.
Ki No Ronin

Postby Ki No Ronin » 19 May 2006, 20:16

There is something New on RadioDruid!

It is a bit of Standup by the Famed NDP Politician Tommy Douglas who goes on and on how the Mice are always getting Screwed Over because they always Elect Cats to Govern over them.

I equate them as follows:
The Black Cats are the Liberals
The White Cats are the Conservatives
and the Spotted Cats are the NDPers

But there has been a developement since then.

When the White Cats became sooooooo Unpopular that it looked like the Mice were going to start Voting for Mice to be the Government, they quickly disquised themselves as Brown Mice and called themselves Reformers.

And so the White Cats, while starting to get re-elected while looking like Brown Mice, they changed their Disquises a bit by becoming White Mice and called themselves Canadian Alliance.  

So when the Canadian Alliance started to look popular, then then quietly took off their Round Mouse Ears revealing their Pointed Cat Ears, and then revealed themselves as actually having been White Cats the whole time and went back to calling themselves Conservative White Cats and stood for Election again.

Having Fooled the Mice into thinking that they had the Mice's Interests at Heart, the Mice Voted for the White Cats again and the White Cats then got put back into Power.

And the whole thing is now Worse than ever.
:???:

KNR

Ki No Ronin

Postby Ki No Ronin » 27 May 2006, 23:32

I have taken to having Radio Druid on when I am doing an Internet Tarot Reading.

I find that the Music that gets played on Radio Druid really helps to set the Mood for the Reading.

KNR

Ki No Ronin

Postby Ki No Ronin » 18 Jul 2006, 16:06

I think that this thread should be made into a Sticky.

KNR

pobble
OBOD Ovate

Postby pobble » 18 Jul 2006, 18:55

KNR,

It's a reasonable suggestion.  The only issue with making it sticky is that we can't have very many stickies at once - so I needed to agree what our policy is going to be with my co-mod.

Having discussed it, we agree that this can be made sticky (which I have now done) but that we won't allow more than 4 stickies at any one time.  So it might be made unsticky in future if other stickies seem to be more useful at that time.

pobble

RedKite
OBOD Ovate

Ref: Tommy Douglas and The Mice

Postby RedKite » 06 Aug 2006, 14:29

I was just reading Ki No Ronin's excellent comment about Tommy Douglas and the Mice, as broadcast on Radio Druid - I think the whole world should be able to listen to this Mice sketch, it's brilliant.

In the UK we have a Mice party... it's called "The Monster Raving Loony Party" and their official web site is http://www.omrlp.com/

When the first MRLP Prime Minister walks into our Parliament, in London, they will be only the second person, in the history of Britain, to walk into these buildings with 100% honest intentions...
... the first one was Guy Fawkes...  :fireworks: (never heard of him..?? please Google the name..)

May Radio Druid continue to broadcast the good news...

Sean Martin
OBOD Bard

Postby Sean Martin » 29 Aug 2006, 08:38

I hadn't listened in for a while. But for the last two hours or so Radio Druid seems to be playing only music and other clips which are about politics. Is this the running theme for what gets airplay these days? Or have I just happened to catch a special theme show?

Can't honestly say I miss one of artists that used to get heavy rotation. I especially enjoyed hearing CCR's Fortunate Son, but I like almost anything they recorded. And Guess Who's American Woman doesn't strike me as especially political, but then again I'm a yank and not Canadian.

Can't say I disagree or that I find disagreeable the general anti-war/pro-peace theme, but it's not what I look for in radio these days.  :shrug:

--Sean

[edit to correct CCR song title]
Last edited by Sean Martin on 03 Sep 2006, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Martin
OBOD Bard

Postby Sean Martin » 30 Aug 2006, 09:53

Following-up... Some great music on Radio Druid this evening. Hengist does great stuff and I like Candice Night's (Blackmore's Night) singing voice. Seems the transitions are smoother so perhaps clips are being grouped.

Back on  :cloud9:

--Sean

VinWhalen

Postby VinWhalen » 10 Jan 2007, 17:09

This still going? :o

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 10 Jan 2007, 17:35

You seem surprised! It is into its 3rd year, and the entire playlist is now homegrown music and other noises from druids/pagans/wierdos of various sorts...no more commercial music.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

VinWhalen

Postby VinWhalen » 10 Jan 2007, 17:37

Awesome, I'll do up a Megaweb promo for it!  And obviously check it out!  Thanks \m/
PS- The link wouldn't work initially, but I just downloaded the new Mozilla Firefox that's a wee gummy at times...
PS2- Your title post there, it has a comma on the end of the address.   net link codes can prevent that hey. |-)
http://megaweb.10.forumer.com/viewtopic ... 8693#28693
You guys on MySpace??
\m/

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 10 Jan 2007, 18:39

Awesome, I'll do up a Megaweb promo for it!  And obviously check it out!  Thanks \m/
PS- The link wouldn't work initially, but I just downloaded the new Mozilla Firefox that's a wee gummy at times...
PS2- Your title post there, it has a comma on the end of the address.   net link codes can prevent that hey. |-)
http://megaweb.10.forumer.com/viewtopic ... 8693#28693
You guys on MySpace??
\m/
Thanks Man!

Myspace, eh? I should probably get with the Year 007 and open an account. I don't even own an ipod yet.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

calonnau
OBOD Ovate

Postby calonnau » 14 Jan 2007, 02:50

Is there any reason why I cannot connect with Radio Druid?  I don't usually have a problem but it is not working today!  BooHoo, I need my fix!!

Blessings, Calonnau
Life is short, break the rules.  Forgive quickly.  Kiss slowly.  Love truly.  Laugh uncontrollably.  And never regret anything that made you smile.  Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 14 Jan 2007, 04:04

Is there any reason why I cannot connect with Radio Druid?  I don't usually have a problem but it is not working today!  BooHoo, I need my fix!!

Blessings, Calonnau
Many apologies...RD is moving from upstairs to downstairs and the IKEA studio it is housed in is as hard to take apart as it was to put together. I hope to have it running in a few hours.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
Kerry Thornley

calonnau
OBOD Ovate

Postby calonnau » 14 Jan 2007, 04:25

Thanks DJ Droood, I'll look forward to hearing it again!
Life is short, break the rules.  Forgive quickly.  Kiss slowly.  Love truly.  Laugh uncontrollably.  And never regret anything that made you smile.  Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Jarvisfamily4

Re: Radio Druid

Postby Jarvisfamily4 » 05 Apr 2008, 03:46

I hope this thread isn't so old that no one reads it anymore!

I have downloaded RealPlayer, as recommended, but I still can't get RadioDruid to play! :(

Anyone out there give me a blonde-by-blonde run-down of steps I need to take in order to access this music?

Thanks!

Danielle
Deep in thought.... or not.

astrocelt

Postby astrocelt » 08 Apr 2008, 01:10

You can listen to Radio Druid and much more, without any downloads required at http://www.druidicdawn.org/node/607 :)

Astrocelt

Alchemilla
OBOD Bard

Postby Alchemilla » 30 Jul 2009, 10:37

Seems like the link you gave is dead. It shows an error message when you try to play the radio. 8-)
:acorns:
Aonaibh ri cheille!
(Taillear dubh na tuaighe)

Image :brnbear:

Alchemilla
OBOD Bard

Postby Alchemilla » 30 Jul 2009, 10:37

But DruidCast works :yay: .
:acorns:
Aonaibh ri cheille!
(Taillear dubh na tuaighe)

Image :brnbear:

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 30 Jul 2009, 11:32

Seems like the link you gave is dead. It shows an error message when you try to play the radio. 8-)

RD is sort of up and down and up at the moment, but you should be able to get it this way:

http://174.115.226.234:8001/listen.pls
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
Kerry Thornley

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Re:

Postby DJ Droood » 30 Jul 2009, 12:58

Any "ethnic" music allowed Ambarii? ;)
Rd' plays any and all types of music/spoken word/poems/tonal chants/what have you....any and all are welcome...only thing is I only now spin stuff that I have permission from the artist to use. I used to play commercial music and anything I wanted, but a couple of years ago I came to the conclusion that that was unethical, so now it is only stuff that is sent to me by the artist, or which I have asked to use. Makes it much better, imo, as there is *amazing* stuff produced by people who may never get mainstream exposure....I mean, we can here "Rhiannon'" by Fleetwood Mac any time, but I think it is cool to listen to a song someone has recorded in their home studio, or even into their computer mic.

So the short answer is, yes, I will play "ethnic" music, as long as the "ethnic artist" says it is ok! :grin:

http://174.115.226.234:8001/listen.pls
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
Kerry Thornley

Return to “Links of Interest”