What kinds of pets do you have?

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.

What kinds of pets do you have?

I have one cat.
13%
I have two or more cats.
21%
I have one dog.
12%
I have two or more dogs.
13%
I have one bird.
2%
I have two or more birds.
3%
I have one ferret.
0%
I have two or more ferrets.
1%
I have one mouse/rat/gerbil/guinea pig/other rodent.
2%
I have two or more mice/rats/gerbils/guinea pigs/other rodents.
4%
I have one rabbit.
2%
I have two or more rabbits.
1%
I have one horse.
1%
I have two or more horses.
2%
I have one fish.
2%
I have two or more fishes.
7%
I have one lizard/snake/turtle/other reptile.
2%
I have two or more lizards/snakes/turtles/other reptiles.
2%
I have one frog/toad/salamander/other amphibian.
0%
I have two or more frogs/toads/salamanders/other amphibians.
1%
I have one spider/insect/hermit crab/other arthropod.
1%
I have two or more spiders/insects/hermit crabs/other arthropods.
1%
I have something Selene didn't think of.
5%

Total votes: 459

hannahealasaid

Re: What kinds of pets do you have?

Postby hannahealasaid » 24 Jun 2015, 14:56

At the moment 2 horses, 3 hamsters, rabbit, 30 hens and 9 rare breed sheep :)
We also have 2 dogs on the farm that we play we and take for walks but are not ours :)

BeowHalforc

Postby BeowHalforc » 25 Jun 2015, 19:13

A little late but...
I have 2 lovely hooded rats. They're named Calvin and Hobbes.
No pictures because the ladies don't like posing.

Ysbryd Blaidd

Postby Ysbryd Blaidd » 26 Jun 2015, 20:08

I have one corn snake and lots of tropical fish.

Coillte

Postby Coillte » 13 Jul 2015, 23:55

I currently have three rats, Edie, Tilda and Oedipus. I have had many in the past. They are such wonderful creatures, social and curious and wicked smart. I have a habit of picking up rescues here and there and usually have between three and six rats - some traumatised, some pets that children got bored with, some the result of accidental litters. Sadly, these will be my last three for some time as I am in the midst of some transitions. Should I ever have the space, I envisage a life in the company of goats and pigs and donkeys and rabbits and cows - all rescues. I am convinced that even the most hurt of rescue animals, despite their struggles with trust, are in their own way, grateful of a caring home.
Last edited by Coillte on 14 Jul 2015, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Glaine Ár gCroí, Neart Ár nGéag Is Beart Dá Réir Ár mBriathar"

skepticskitchen
OBOD Bard

Postby skepticskitchen » 14 Jul 2015, 14:33

My house mate and I have 5 cats. I have 3 which represent earth (a black kitten), sea (a grey tabby), and sky (a white and ginger kitty). The celebrate the wheel of the year with me in my chapel.
Yours in the Peace of the Grove,
/|\ Colley y Bara

feranaja
OBOD Bard

Postby feranaja » 08 Apr 2016, 21:41

I have just added an African Grey Parrot to my household (3 dogs, 6 cats and a ball python, a greatly reduced household from years past). I was given this bird as a rescue, he's 16, hilarious and a bit of a challenge for a novice parrot-keeper like me. Anyone else here have birds? I'm smitten with this guy(Congolese, 16 years old, male, name is Korky and I think I will keep it).

Jasper
OBOD Bard

Postby Jasper » 09 Apr 2016, 00:29

I live with a olive x scale lorikeet hybrid. He had been returned several times to a local pet shop due to being a "problem bird" meaning he radomly will flip out and attack. My youngest took pity and brought him home he is human in printed so has no interest in a feathered mate but will hump human feet all day long if he could.
he will call down eastern rosellas into our house and fight off cats while he walks around the garden.
I don't like caging birds but this guy was made this way by humans so he has a cage he returns to each night and we are honored to have him in our lives.

Tracy G
OBOD Ovate

Postby Tracy G » 11 Apr 2016, 14:47

I have just added an African Grey Parrot to my household (3 dogs, 6 cats and a ball python, a greatly reduced household from years past). I was given this bird as a rescue, he's 16, hilarious and a bit of a challenge for a novice parrot-keeper like me. Anyone else here have birds? I'm smitten with this guy(Congolese, 16 years old, male, name is Korky and I think I will keep it).
Congratulations on your new parrot companion. I am owned by a 16-year-old rehomed African grey of the Congo subspecies, as well. He came to live with us in 2009, and he is part of a rather noisy flock that includes a rescued red-throated conure and a rehomed sun conure, as well as my husband and myself. You are certainly welcome to contact me by PM, if bird-related questions happen to arise and if there's a chance I might be of assistance.
“Don’t fall asleep at the wheel of fortune. Don’t exercise, dance. Don’t diet, chuckle. Don’t tell other people what not to do.” —James Broughton, American bard, 1913–1999

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”