Joyful animals

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Joyful animals

Postby Mountainheart » 14 Feb 2011, 13:41

OK so using a word such as joy may be very anthropomorphic: but I thought it would be cool if people wanted to share pictures / clips of animals that seem to be enjoying life!

Here's a clip that I found that sums up the joy that the first snow of the year can bring:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7875271.stm

Thx
David

merryb
OBOD Ovate

Re: Joyful animals

Postby merryb » 16 Feb 2011, 21:08

love the clip

Merry B.

CleddauGal
OBOD Bard

Postby CleddauGal » 09 Oct 2012, 18:18

I think it is not anthropomorphic to interpret very basic emotions to animals. If you start saying your cat can do quadratic equations, then I might start to worry. But I have seen too much joy, satisfaction, boredom and worry on the animals in my life to think that for some reason our spoken language abilities make human animals more able to experience emotional states than can the nonhuman animals, who simply cannot communicate them to us except through their body language.
CleddauGal /|\

"What we want to change we curse and then
pick up a tool. Bless whatever you can
with eyes and hands and tongue. If you
can't less it, get ready to make it new."
--Marge Piercy, from "The Art of Blessing the Day"

IrisWoods
OBOD Bard

Postby IrisWoods » 23 Feb 2013, 06:35

Loved the video! Thanks for the inspiration.

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”