My cat will be put to sleep tomorrow

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Chenzen
OBOD Bard

My cat will be put to sleep tomorrow

Postby Chenzen » 28 May 2014, 00:23

I havent posted on the message board in some time but tomorrow will be very tragic for me, My cat ezio will be no longer among the living. Due to serious injury and infections that have ravaged his body. This was a very difficult choice for me, i wanted him to stay and fight but i cannot allow him the suffer through that pain anymore. Thank you everyone for reading ill prolly post some pics later of him he is a cutie :)

TristessaKC

Re: My cat will be put to sleep tomorrow

Postby TristessaKC » 28 May 2014, 05:49

Thank you for your kind words nollaig. Chenzen is having a very hard time with this. Ezio has gotten him through some very rough and trying times.

We have a lot of pictures and fond memories of Ezio. He will definitely always be carried in our hearts.

The vet we are taking him to are going to make a paw print for us. I thought that was very sweet.

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day.

(Chenzen really liked what you wrote. It brought a smile to his face...thank you)
Life is not about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain

DragonDeLune
OBOD Bard

Postby DragonDeLune » 28 May 2014, 09:27

Sending love to Ezio and definitely will have a small ritual for his passing through the great portal. Having a dear one being part of the family
is a treasure and a guide, that we can learn many lessons from.

Fire oak
OBOD Ovate

Postby Fire oak » 28 May 2014, 11:18

Hold him while he leaves, give him permission to go and then know that he will still be around you once he has passed.
Fire Oak

ImageImage

Sciethe
OBOD Ovate

Postby Sciethe » 28 May 2014, 11:26

Hi Chenzen,
so sad. :gloomy: It's wonderful that you have such a bond though, and a credit to who you are that it is so strong and deep. I've told my cats that a brother is hurting, and Loki and Mani send greetings and strength. Loki can't tell you in words, but sends a picture message. I think he's saying something complex. Hope it helps a bit.
Fire oak is so wise, I'm glad that I spoke to my late cat Pip and thanked him for caring for the family and telling him that his work was done, and done so well. He rested his forehead against mine for a full 20 minutes. There is no emoticon for this it seems.
S
Attachments
Loki.JPG
Loki.JPG (137.35 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
For in his morning orisons he loves the sun and the sun loves him. For he is of the tribe of Tiger. Christopher Smart

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 28 May 2014, 16:08

I'm sorry. I know part of you will go with him, and part of him will stay with you...

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 28 May 2014, 16:17

Oh Chenzen, Tristessa, I've only just read it, this is a sad day for you all...

A big hug for you and your feline friends that remain behind. Ezio's spirit sounds bigger than his worn out furry body. If you need him, he'll be around for you.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Kiara
OBOD Bard

Postby Kiara » 28 May 2014, 19:13

Deepest condolences. Situations like this are very hard. You and your family are in my thoughts. I hope Ezio's passing will bring him the peace he deserves.
ImageImage

Brân Gannaid
OBOD Bard

Postby Brân Gannaid » 30 May 2014, 04:43

Thinking of you at this difficult time, Chenzen and Tristessa. I know the loving spirit of this beautiful being will always live on in your memories.
Soaring high on a wind current, I gaze down at the rugged shapes of the mountains and the shimmering water of the lakes, and thank the Goddess that I am Crow.

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 30 May 2014, 11:31

Chenzen & Tristessa my condolences, it's always hard to lose them.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

TristessaKC

Postby TristessaKC » 24 Jun 2014, 08:08

Sorry for the long delay in posting his picture but this is Ezio in his most favorite chair...in one of his weird sleeping positions...miss the little butt head
ezio.jpg
ezio.jpg (100.91 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 24 Jun 2014, 09:13

So sorry to hear about your cat. Last June, my beloved Tim had to be put down, right out of the blue, and I have never gotten over it. Only a few months before, he had a full medical (he was 14) and had a clean bill of health. Suddenly a few months later, literally overnight, his body swelled right up. I thought it was cancer and expected the vet to say he had some time left. However, it was not cancer, it was FIP - feline infectious peritonitis - and incurable, so I never brought him home again. This was something that he had gotten either from his mother as a kitten, or from being with other cats (he was a rescue cat). I have another rescue cat now, but despite all the cats I have had and loved, Timmy was my favourite and I miss him dearly. I know absolutely what you are going through.
Try to live each day as if it were your last

TristessaKC

Postby TristessaKC » 24 Jun 2014, 09:49

Yes. I have had many cats (and other various critters.) My most beloved was my first cat Max. We got him from a local animal shelter as a kitten in 1992. He was orange with the greenest eyes. He got me through so much. He was so dog like. He knew hand signals (sit, stay, lie down, high five, roll over, come, go), and seemed to always know what you were feeling. He didn't say much, nor purr much. He liked his dry food wet so he would pull his dish around the kitchen to get some water into it, sit and watch it for a minute then eat it. I can't say how many times I would kick it across the floor. He always knew when I was sad (which was a lot growing up). He would just lay and let me soak his fur with my tears. He would only play with toys I made him. He had so many quirks (too many to bore you with).

In 2005 he started peeing in only one spot in the living room. We put a tarp over it and he would pee on the tarp. We cleaned and he would still pee there. We were moving from Chicago to Michigan and we were trying to sell our house. I knew from research and my vet tech training that sometimes cats will mark where they are going to lie for the last time. So, we made the decision to put him to sleep. I kept him in my room his last night. I told him that we were saying good bye. (gosh I'm tearing up just writing this). I gave him all his favorite foods and treats. I wrote a poem and folded it up. I told him I was sorry but I said I know you are telling us it is your time. He just looked me straight in the eye as to say thank you for being my friend. (Ok, I'm crying now).

I stayed with him while they did it. We had him cremated. I put his favorite toy in with his ashes. I think my mom keeps them on her dresser. I have some of his fur in a pot.

We have two other kitties (I brought them with when I moved down here.) They have really helped with the process. We visit Ezio's grave almost daily. Sometimes we both lie in bed then look at each other and say did you hear that? We swear we can hear him meowing. Almost everyday I find a piece of Ezio's fur on Chenzen's shirt. Like he's saying "I"m still here." We miss him so much. We talk about him all the time. They never leave you. I hold a piece of all my pets inside me.

I can't have kids so they are like my kids.

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”