Incident with Bald Eagles in the Wild

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Junco
OBOD Bard

Incident with Bald Eagles in the Wild

Postby Junco » 04 Mar 2015, 22:48

Hi, I'm new here, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I thought it would be of interest. We had an incident last month in which two bald eagles engaged in a fight over territory, and in a death grip, fell into a tree until local people noticed and banded together to try to rescue them. It was encouraging to see people so concerned for the welfare of the eagles. The article is here: http://www.conservewildlifenj.org/blog/ ... d-in-tree/

I found the event stuck with me for quite awhile. Though I've seen strange incidents between animals in nature, this one was new to me. Not that birds don't fight, it's quite common -- but I know in ancient times, this would have likely been interpreted as a disturbing omen, to say the least. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I can speak to that, but in the meantime, I found it was something that seemed to have some lesson to impart, and I am still thinking about what that lesson may be.

illion
OBOD Ovate

Re: Incident with Bald Eagles in the Wild

Postby illion » 05 Mar 2015, 05:27

Thank you for sharing this story :)

It was very sad that both the eagles died, but Nature is sometimes very brutal.

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”