The Frequency of Life

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Florence

Re: The Frequency of Life

Postby Florence » 30 Sep 2007, 08:17

Hi Twirch:
I've found this article on the frequency or periodicity of life according to different cultures(mayan, aztec, hindu, biblical & others....) I guess you'll find it interesting!!!! :)
http://www.ufoarea.com/lloyd_ending.html
Hope you enjoy it!!! Well, I did anyway....... :hug:
L & B :cloud9:
Watch the stars when you are homesick
Be a dream chaser no matter how things are
Search for Light when it's dark and cloudy
and be always happy at all events
because you're a manifestation of love
and peace is you birthright

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 30 Sep 2007, 12:53

Florence,

Thanks for the link! Ancient civilizations and cultures have always been a thrill for me and I've studied them in great detail.

I've always been impressed with their astronomical interpretations, without the use of modern equipment and technology. :)
Twyrch  /|\  Puck "Arch-Threadnomancer"

2008 BS
2008 SB
2010 SB
2011 SB
2012 IL

ImageImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Be sure to check out BRANDER, where ever books are sold!

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 30 Sep 2007, 13:01

Twirch wrote:
I've been reading the First Book of Adam and Eve in the Gnostic Scriptures and its interesting how Adam refers to his previous body before the Fall as being made of energy... perhaps it was even pure vibration and sound. Perhaps a glimpse of what we become after death?
I've been reading the First Book of Adam and Eve in the Gnostic Scriptures and its interesting how Adam refers to his previous body before the Fall as being made of energy... perhaps it was even pure vibration and sound. Perhaps a glimpse of what we become after death? :thinking:
I haven't read that book but IMO it means that before "the fall" his body was subtler using occultists terminology and after "the fall" it became more dense. What does it mean? _That before it was vibrating at a higher speed and that made it subtler and afterwards it began to vibrate more slowly and thus became more dense. But here the question is: what is "the fall"? What should be understood as a "fall"? IMO again probably the descendt to the world of three dimensions --ours--and before they must have been dwelling in another dimension, maybe the fourth or fifth!!!!!! :shrug:
In fact we are manifesting in several dimensions at the same time but we are only aware of a few of them. for instance if you take the physical body it is in a dimension but if you think about feelings or thoughts? The are not so solid(apparently)or dense as the physical body.Aren't they? But they exist anyway.....Some seers like bishop Leadbeater of the theosophical society said he could actually "see" persons thoughts......it means he could see subtker matter......again this is my opinion according to what I've studyied!!!!!! :idea: Hope I've made it clearer......we are always talking about matter (as Kernos pointed) in different states or frequencies of vibration......... :shake:
L & B

Yep, exactly... from what I've read, I gather that Adam and Eve were creatures of light or energy, most likely vibration and sound playing a significant role in this.

Adam speaks of looking at his arms as he leaves the garden and being disgusted by the sight of skin on his body... and looking to the sky and being saddened that he can't see or hear the angels any longer.

It's quite facinating reading, if you ever get the chance. The reference I am speaking of is taken from this section of the story...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe009.htm

2008 BS
2008 SB
2010 SB
2011 SB
2012 IL

ImageImageImageImage

Kernos
OBOD Druid

Postby Kernos » 30 Sep 2007, 15:34

From the index page:
The Forgotten Books of Eden

edited by Rutherford H. Platt, Jr.

[1926, copyright not renewed]

This is a popularized translation of the OT pseudepigrapha, quasi-Biblical writings which never achieved canonical status (or inclusion in any of the official Apocrypha). This isn't to say that these documents are forgeries, just that for one reason or another they were not considered part of the Biblical text by the first millenium (C.E.) compilers. This book contains translations of all of the texts found in volume I of the weighty Oxford University Press Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha, without any of the apparatus.
I think I would want a much more modern translation of this stuff before making much of their details. A phrase like "made of energy..." sounds quite Victorian to me.

:harp: ing
ImageImageImageHelp I'm Falling Thru A Hole in the Flag

"Time is the Image of Eternity."

Time is the Fire in which we burn.

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 30 Sep 2007, 17:09

Kernos,

I'm not building a doctrine out of this passage... I just think it's interesting because you never read anything like this in the Canonized or Apocryphal Bible.

I don't think we'll ever prove one way or the other, and I doubt we'll find a different translation of this. I'm just thankful for a chance to read it.

The passage never mentions "energy"... I am just drawing that conclusion from reading it. Perhaps I am too Victorian in my analysis. ;)

2008 BS
2008 SB
2010 SB
2011 SB
2012 IL

ImageImageImageImage

Florence

Postby Florence » 01 Oct 2007, 01:15

Twirch wrote:
Yep, exactly... from what I've read, I gather that Adam and Eve were creatures of light or energy, most likely vibration and sound playing a significant role in this.
Well this makes me think that maybe all of us (and maybe everything in the universe)has a personal or individual tone-sound-vibration or whatever that defines us!!!!!! :thinking:
This remembers me of the "bija mantras" again: you have these seed sounds that enable you to invoke a god for instance......and the obsession of the kabhallists for finding out the "name of God" because knowing this and knowing the exact pronunciation would give them the power to invoke him!!! :wow: The problem they had is that semitic languagges don't write the vowels so JHVH gives no clue to the exact sounds!!!!!!!Maybe we and every creature (created)in the universe has its special sound or vibration.You know I'd rather say vibration because once you're out of the atmosphere you can't listen to sounds because there's no means to propagate the waves. :shrug:
And as to ancient cultures I wanted to add something: when the hindus talk about "pralaya" the periods of repose or not manifestation they consider the possiblity for the planet earth but also to the whole Universe as well!!!!!!
I'll get inside the link you gave me and I'll read the book you're talking about..... :shake:

Kernos:
I don't think "energy" is an old fashioned term. In fact as far as we know now everything is matter or energy. Both are equivalent!!!!!You've posted Einstain's formula above!!!!!! :shrug:
L & B :tiphat:

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 01 Oct 2007, 06:08

Oh, what a delicious thread! Wish I'd found it sooner...

Twyrch -- this is an excellent topic, not one which will cause people to laugh you off of the board! As we get more and more into quantum physics, I think the idea of vibratory concepts are going to become commonplace.

I thought of one of the original Star Trek series, where crew members kept disappearing, and what seemed like buzzing bugs replaced them. They had simply upped their frequency! They weren't insects at all; they were higher-vibrating humans.

If only I would spend more time in meditation. I am certain that it changes our frequency...

Wasn't there a book in the nineties called _Vibratory Medicine_? I think it was written to validate homeopathy, flower essences, etc.
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 01 Oct 2007, 13:02

Oh, what a delicious thread! Wish I'd found it sooner...

Twyrch -- this is an excellent topic, not one which will cause people to laugh you off of the board! As we get more and more into quantum physics, I think the idea of vibratory concepts are going to become commonplace.

I thought of one of the original Star Trek series, where crew members kept disappearing, and what seemed like buzzing bugs replaced them. They had simply upped their frequency! They weren't insects at all; they were higher-vibrating humans.

If only I would spend more time in meditation. I am certain that it changes our frequency...

Wasn't there a book in the nineties called _Vibratory Medicine_? I think it was written to validate homeopathy, flower essences, etc.
This was all I could find on a book like that. :)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 0338&itm=2

I have to admit, I don't remember that Star Trek episode, but I bet Kernos does. ;)

There's a guy I work with, Tim, who suffers from Lime Disease. He hasn't found a cure for it, but he has significantly extended his life by weakening the disease and destroying it's spread through the use of tone and vibration. He discovered that Lime Disease will disappear if a concentrated burst of sound is directed at it on a certain frequency.

The problem is, the disease adapts by changing its frequency slightly and he has to continually tweak the settings to get it to work properly. Tim said only 1 other man in the US has been successful with this type of treatment. Unfortunately, he can't stand to have this frequency penetrate his body long enough to completely destroy the disease because as the disease begins to die, it brings him a great deal of pain.

I think it's interesting that sound waves and vibrations can cause the remission of disease like that, and wonder what affect, if any, it would have on other diseases like Lupus, Cancer, AIDS, etc....

2008 BS
2008 SB
2010 SB
2011 SB
2012 IL

ImageImageImageImage

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 01 Oct 2007, 15:21

In reference to vibrations and disease, I believe that is in part, how dogs' are able to detect disease in bodies. Very exciting to think about the possibilities.....sometimes it seems that the more we progress in the Sciences, the more the conclusions lend to the very basics of life. The techniques that our Ancestors used don't seem outrageous in light of "new" discoveries.
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Florence

Postby Florence » 01 Oct 2007, 20:41

Twig wrote:
Well you know some hindu masters say that if we were able to chant the Gayatri Mantra 24 hs. without stopping like a radio for instance or a Cd. player after some time we'd turn into pure Light and vanish from this dense world!!!!!! :huh:
So you seem to be in the right track Twig!!!!!
Hi Twirch:
There's a guy I work with, Tim, who suffers from Lime Disease. He hasn't found a cure for it, but he has significantly extended his life by weakening the disease and destroying it's spread through the use of tone and vibration. He discovered that Lime Disease will disappear if a concentrated burst of sound is directed at it on a certain frequency.
Many philosophers and scientists now I guess accept the fact that sound or vibration is able to modify matter. And that's why in the ancient scriptures like the Bible for instance or the hindu Vedas the world is created by God's words. In case of the Bible God orders Light to appear and so on....and in the Vedas Brahma the creator utters the OM to create the world!!!! It would be the meaning of these tales in holy books!!!!!!
And that IMO should make us wonder about the sounds we allow to enter our bodies !!!! And this refers to types of music, volume of certain noises.......(in big cities loud noise is considered as part of contamination). Is it possible to establish a relationship between certain illnesses and certain kind of noises or sounds that "modify" our bodies and provoke alterations-illnesses? :thinking: If you listen to music too loud it may harm your hearing.....that's medical not my opinion merely..... :where:
And the power of words is well known !!! They affect our feelings for instance and feelings are matter too, subtler than a hand let's say but matter in the end!!!!!
If someone is constantly under agression, insults. bad words and so on could this in the end get into the physical body and harm the person? IMO YES!!!!!!!
Something to think about: what do I choose to listen and whom? That's "food" too in acertain way....... :thinking:
What do I choose to say and which words I choose to express myself too...... :thinking:
This gives us some homework to do I guess..... :)
L & B :curtsey:

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 01 Oct 2007, 23:19

..I thought of one of the original Star Trek series, where crew members kept disappearing, and what seemed like buzzing bugs replaced them. They had simply upped their frequency! They weren't insects at all; they were higher-vibrating humans...
...I have to admit, I don't remember that Star Trek episode, but I bet Kernos does. ;)...
It was called "Wink of an Eye":
http://www.tv.com/star-trek/wink-of-an- ... t;title;10

Anyway...what caught my interest here, was actually the discussion of vibrations and energy. I wrote a poem about 10 years ago (that I just happened to enter in the current Eisteddfod :wink: ), called 'Perceptions of a Stone'. The poem begins with the stone perceiving itself as 'vibrating crystals' and 'energy surging', then anthropomorphizing it's surroundings, and concluding with it's self perception again. So I guess when I wrote that, it seemed to me that basically, atoms vibrate, and give off energy. And since we are all made of the same basic elemental molecules, we all vibrate and give off energy. Rather a primal description, but hey, it's a poem by a stone. :wink: (and no, I wasn't 'stoned' when I wrote it) :-)

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Florence

Postby Florence » 01 Oct 2007, 23:40

Dryadria 2 wrote:
Anyway...what caught my interest here, was actually the discussion of vibrations and energy. I wrote a poem about 10 years ago (that I just happened to enter in the current Eisteddfod ), called 'Perceptions of a Stone'. The poem begins with the stone perceiving itself as 'vibrating crystals' and 'energy surging', then anthropomorphizing it's surroundings, and concluding with it's self perception again. So I guess when I wrote that, it seemed to me that basically, atoms vibrate, and give off energy. And since we are all made of the same basic elemental molecules, we all vibrate and give off energy. Rather a primal description, but hey, it's a poem by a stone. (and no, I wasn't 'stoned' when I wrote it)

You're a female Einstein !!!! Or maybe a druidic Einstein? :thinking:
I bet the poem was beautiful !!!!!! I'd love to be perceived as a crystal...maybe a blue one.....a clear zaffire....( I can't say why that image came to my mind)...... :daisy:
Wouldn't you post it? :)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 02 Oct 2007, 01:33

...You're a female Einstein !!!! Or maybe a druidic Einstein? :thinking:
I bet the poem was beautiful !!!!!! I'd love to be perceived as a crystal...maybe a blue one.....a clear zaffire....( I can't say why that image came to my mind)...... :daisy:
Wouldn't you post it? :)
I'm definitely not an Einstein.Image
:-)

The precursor to writing the poem, was a meditation I experienced. I envisioned the stone as granite (granite is composed of quartz crystals, among other minerals), and I kind of drew myself into it on a molecular level, and then I became the stone myself during the meditation. The stone's experiences prompted me to write the poem, which can be found here:
http://druidry.org/board/dhp/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24324

To me, stones, rocks, minerals, are inorganic beings, that vibrate on very low frequencies, have very slow metabolisms (so to speak), and I relate to them as I do to organic beings, such as plants, animals, trees, & people. So although this thread is about 'The Frequency of Life', I think inorganic beings, such as rocks and stones, resonate with their own type of frequencies too. Many types of gemstones and minerals are used in healing and balancing, for this reason. :cloud9:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Florence

Postby Florence » 02 Oct 2007, 03:09

Dryadria2 wrote:
To me, stones, rocks, minerals, are inorganic beings, that vibrate on very low frequencies, have very slow metabolisms (so to speak), and I relate to them as I do to organic beings, such as plants, animals, trees, & people. So although this thread is about 'The Frequency of Life', I think inorganic beings, such as rocks and stones, resonate with their own type of frequencies too. Many types of gemstones and minerals are used in healing and balancing, for this reason.
Agree completely with that !!!!!! Everything in the universe is alive, the Universe itself is a living being and minerals & rocks are alive too only they vibrate in their own frequency and live their experiences according to their evolutionary level.According to reencarnation theories even humans must have been incarnated in simpler organisms as gases, rocks or minerals until we evolved enough to incarnate in a human body. In fact our bodies are made of the same stuff as stars, planet earth and so on. That's why Carl Sagan said "we are made of star stuff". :applause:
It's funny when people question the allien origin of life in the planet:
1-Everything is alive so there's no such a moment as "when life began on planet earth" except for our limited understanding due to our limited minds.There's always been life here and everywhere!!!!!Kind of breathtaking isn't it? :huh:
2-It's impossible to determine where all the elements that compose our bodies came from. Before we were concious of being alive every component, every element was alive and maybe integrating another living being.......in fact I used to look at my hands for instance and think where have you come from? Because I see a pair of hands but they could be seen as composed by carbons, oxygen, hydrogen or whatever.....and those atoms are constantly forming different things!!!!!! :duck:
3-When we talk about things like "bacteria from outerspace were found in a meteorite" for instance it means that a rather advanced form of life arrived toghether with the meteorite and maybe these forms of life bring elements we didn't know of and thus call them allien. But they've always been there since the very first moment as we did!!!! :wink:
4-And if all is the same energy-matter changing from one state to the other all the time everything is one....and if everything is one the quality of "allien" is only due to our ignorance and limitations because we are part of the whole the same as the"allien" we find. When the time comes that enables us to expand our conciousness we won't see allien or separate things or beings anymore!!!!!! :applause:
Thank you for the poem I'll read it now.And thank you for the remark about stones and crystals being alive it made me re think reality from a point of view I already knew but had put aside for some time.........L & B :curtsey:
PS a:according to Lavoisier nothing is lost nothing is created everything is constantly under transformation.And recent science has corroborated that there's always been the same quantity of matter-energy since the begining of the universe. :cloud9: -

Florence

Postby Florence » 02 Oct 2007, 03:21

orion_nebula.jpg
We are made of star stuff!!!!!!How do you like it?
orion_nebula.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
"We are made of star stuff"
How do you like it? :hug:

That was a good poem Dryadia2!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 02 Oct 2007, 06:47

Dryadia -- that is a stunning poem. I was drawn right into in. You are quite creative to come up with that perspective -- and those feelings. Thank you for linking us up to your inner workings.

Love that photo, Florence. It reminds me of Joni Mitchell's lyric, "We are stardust/We are golden/We are billion year old carbon."

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 02 Oct 2007, 17:54

thank you for the remark about stones and crystals being alive...
Well, I didn't actually say they were alive:
...To me, stones, rocks, minerals, are inorganic beings...
To me, a being may have a spirit, but not necessarily be alive, or be sentient. It's more of a spiritual connection, that I am describing, not a scientific one. :wink:

Oh, and about being made of 'star stuff'...that reminds me of Carl Sagan, who was a brilliant man, and my scientific hero!
Here are a few Carl Sagan quotes:
"We are star-stuff"
“Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense”
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 02 Oct 2007, 23:26

Crystals may not be alive, but they seem to have the ability to transform life in some way -- a type of communication or other such interaction.

Carl Sagan! Yes, one of my heroes, too. "Billions and billions" of cheers for Carl.

Florence

Postby Florence » 03 Oct 2007, 00:41

Dryadria2 wrote:
To me, a being may have a spirit, but not necessarily be alive, or be sentient. It's more of a spiritual connection, that I am describing, not a scientific one.

How do you know they are not sentient in their own way at least? :wink:
According to what I've studyied minerals posess a collective soul so they are alive!!!!!The same with planet earth and the whole Universe....they have their spiritual counterpart !!At least that's what I think !!!!!! It makes more sense to me than the idea they are not alive!!!!!IMO of course. I guess some would say I'm a pantheist but I think that if you feel a spiritual connection with them as with all of the Universe everything is alive!!!!!! :yay: But that's my point of view.....
Anyway today I bought an amethyst I saw in the window of a shop. Your post kept me thinking. And the lady who sold it to me started telling me she was finishing a course on crystals !!!!She spent several minutes talking to me about healing, stones, vibrations and so on......if that's not a connection.......Well I bought the first that attracted me. I have it in my desk and she seems to observe me :shrug: i'll clean it with water and sea salt and they I'll use it !!!!!!
I knew the basiscs about these things but I had forgotten so whether we totally agree or not ]THANK YOU DRYADRIA2 for reminding me!!!!!!![/color][/color][/size]

Twig wrote:
Love that photo, Florence. It reminds me of Joni Mitchell's lyric, "We are stardust/We are golden/We are billion year old carbon."

It seems she found the exact words didn't she? :cloud9:
l & b
bolacrist.jpg
bolacrist.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 03 Oct 2007, 00:58

WOW! That's a beauty! "She's got the whole world in her hands...." Y'all sing along now.

Not to keep bringing up Star Trek, but I am. It seems to me there was an episode of TNG where Picard and crew learned that an inorganic life form was sentient. Anyone remember than one? I remember is blew my mind to ponder such a concept.

Return to “The Attic”