The Frequency of Life

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Florence

Re: The Frequency of Life

Postby Florence » 03 Oct 2007, 01:20

Love the stones and crystals Twig!!!!! I'm sure they'll return your love in their own way !!!!!!They're used for healing.....and what else but love can heal? And if they "feel" love then you're probabbly alive !!! But this is my opinion again!!!!!! :idea:
Watch the stars when you are homesick
Be a dream chaser no matter how things are
Search for Light when it's dark and cloudy
and be always happy at all events
because you're a manifestation of love
and peace is you birthright

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 03 Oct 2007, 02:51

WOW! That's a beauty! "She's got the whole world in her hands...." Y'all sing along now.

Not to keep bringing up Star Trek, but I am. It seems to me there was an episode of TNG where Picard and crew learned that an inorganic life form was sentient. Anyone remember than one? I remember is blew my mind to ponder such a concept.
I remember a couple of episodes like that, actually... the one that immediately comes to mind is the one where these robotic tools kept disabling themselves when they were in danger and Data risked his career to prove they were senient.

I think Star Trek has a lot of good life-lessons in it. :)
How do you know they are not sentient in their own way at least?
When I think of the rocks, trees and other components of nature having senscience, I always think back to the Biblical story of that Palm Sunday is drawn from. The people were laying palm branches before Jesus and singing his praises, and the Pharisees told him to have tell the people to keep quiet and Jesus told them that if the people didn't praise him, even the very rocks would cry out.

Even if that was use metaphorically, having gone through the Earth element exercises, I have to wonder if there isn't some form of senscience in nature, communicating with us through our senses.
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 03 Oct 2007, 06:09

I'm thinking of the book _To Hear the Angels Sing_ by Dorothy Maclean. I was rocked to my very being when I read that book, and I confess that I don't think the lady was a nut job. I did have my dobuts when she asked the prinitng press to please start working again, however...

BTW, the sub-title is _An Odyssey of Co-Creation with the Devic Kingdom_.

I smudge the plants in my yard and house & I talk to them. Some of them die, so maybe I don't quite have the hang of it yet! :grin:
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 03 Oct 2007, 12:35

I smudge the plants in my yard and house & I talk to them. Some of them die, so maybe I don't quite have the hang of it yet! :grin:
They need water too... ;)

I've never heard of that book before, Twig. What's it about?

ImageImageImage

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 03 Oct 2007, 18:21

This thread has lead me to think about my affinity for communication with animals.....this would apply to plants, also I think. Since we all have certain vibratory levels, perhaps someone like myself is attuned to the rates that animals and plants (I have a green thumb) work on. Just a thought, but maybe interspecies communication is reliant upon meeting certain vibes?
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Florence

Postby Florence » 03 Oct 2007, 19:21

I have a very good communicattion with animals -it's marked in my natal chart also because I have Venus in virgo-and with vegetation also but far better with animals. I've also had sometimes a special communication with water or the mountains.....Once I was bathing in the sea and stayed two hours inside the water playing with the waves. I felt they were playing with me too and that I was kind of interacting lovingly with the sea as a whole entity. And as to high mountains I've always have the feeling they are "watching" us. I don't know how communicattion happens it's not by thinking is a "feeling". I guess in some moments we are able to vibrate in a way that is harmonious with the other beings vibration but as it's not "rational" is hard to put in words. For instance I hate pruning the trees. I start feeling like "enough, enough, stop please"!!!!!! :shrug:
I guess as humans evolve as species all these powers or qualities will get better and more accuratte. I've found that quietness and inner peace is important to feel this.If you are in a hurry or thinking on something else -at least in my case-this communicattion with vegetation and earth or water don't occur.With animals is different, if you live with them they how you feel and when they realize you're in a hurry or working in something else they leave you alone until you finish and then they'll start asking for food or love or whatever.....at least my pets do this!!!!!! :)
L & B
cats0002.JPG
Meet my cat !!!!!!
cats0002.JPG (58.43 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
:oops: IL him......

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 03 Oct 2007, 19:24

This thread has lead me to think about my affinity for communication with animals.....this would apply to plants, also I think. Since we all have certain vibratory levels, perhaps someone like myself is attuned to the rates that animals and plants (I have a green thumb) work on. Just a thought, but maybe interspecies communication is reliant upon meeting certain vibes?
That's very possible... perhaps your subconscious leads you to those animals requiring your care and mercy the most.

I've learned to follow those little nudges my subconscious sends me... it usually ends up being for the best in the long run.

Speaking of being guided, the thought of a guardian angel seems to fall into this topic as well... Do you all think it's possible that you have family members watching over you who have crossed over already and although they can't physically interviene, sometimes they can modify frequencies enough to effect change, or give comfort or protection?

ImageImageImage

Florence

Postby Florence » 04 Oct 2007, 03:32

Just received this message today and it's kind of specially delivered for this thread!!!So I'll post it to share it with you!!!!!!! :hug:
October 3, 2007
To Rise Above
Achieving A High Vibration
All matter is made up of energy, and that energy is in motion continually. Everything in the universe, from the smallest molecules to the most complex living beings, has an optimal rate of vibration to keep it healthy. We reach this high vibrational level when we are whole, healthy, and fulfilling our potential. Human beings are able to consciously control these vibrations within themselves using a variety of techniques. We know when we have reached a high vibrational state because we feel good and can sense that we are aligned with all that is. We find we are capable of healing and have good intuition and perception that are a result of our resonating closer and closer to our ideal frequencies.

Thoughts, emotions, intentions, choices, and actions contribute to our vibrational state, as do the environments we inhabit. Affirmative activities that leave us feeling joyous, appreciative, loving, and peaceful raise our vibration. Constructive, creative, and expansive thoughts do the same. When we cultivate habits that contribute to our physical health and strength, our vibration is likewise raised. Certain mantra meditations, breathing exercises, and chants are designed to increase vibration. But simply practicing gratitude and forgiveness, surrounding ourselves with loving high-vibration people, eating whole foods, and spending time in nature can also help us transcend our current vibrational limitations.

When your desire for change is strong enough, you will find yourself gravitating toward what can help you achieve and maintain a high vibrational state. A positive outlook will then become the most important tool you possess, and this outlook will sustain you when the path leading toward transformation is wide and winding. As you evolve, your vibrational frequency will also evolve, aiding you in the creation of an even higher reality. Consciously and unconsciously, you will attract auspicious circumstances and positive people that will help you continue exploring the scope of your higher self until you move beyond the earthly plane

For more information visit dailyom.com

This article is printed from DailyOM - Inspirational thoughts for a happy, healthy and fulfilling day.
Register for free at http://www.dailyom.com

© 2004-07 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
doi-20071003.jpg
doi-20071003.jpg (20.31 KiB) Viewed 4597 times

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 04 Oct 2007, 05:15

Awesome article, Florence....coincidence?...I think not.
:wink:

Twyrch, I think we do have relatives, in Spirit, that try to provide guidance via frequency communication. As I understand, its a challenge for Spirit to communicate too, but they do influence us, IMO.
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 04 Oct 2007, 07:15

My very Latvian/Prussian/German/whatever grandmother came to me as an American Indian in my dreams when I most needed her reassurance. I wish that I could contact her and my great-grandfather in waking dreams.

So, yes, Twyrch. I would agree.

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 04 Oct 2007, 12:50

Florence,

Thank you for posting that article! I loved reading it and believe the author is definately on the right track.

Kat and Twig, thank you for those confirmations. It's strange, but I've always felt a connection to my Great-Grandfather... as if he were watching over me, but he died 6 months before I was born.

When that angel (being... shining one... whatever...) sat on the edge of my bed back in 1986 and I touched it, my entire perception began to change. I have never been the same since that time and I believe that experience hasn't yet fulfilled it's purpose in my life.

ImageImageImage

Florence

Postby Florence » 04 Oct 2007, 19:54

Hi all of you !!!!!!!!
Well I think all of us have spiritual guides !!!!!!! they are of many kinds.......
One might be our relatives that passed away as Twirch tells us. I used to have a special connecttion with my father who died when I was 16. He would help me in hard times and give me advice in dreams and my grandpa (my father's father)too. But afterwards I learned that when we invoke constantly our dead for help we prevent them from departing to the upper dimensions where they should stay after death. Their worry for our wellbeing keep them in a lower plane to be near us. So when I knew this I made a "goodbye and thank you" vizualization with some reiki symbols I had learn in my training and he never appeared again in my dreams. Instead of being sad I was happy because I knew it was the best for him and also asked him to forgive me for being selfish due to my ignorance!!!!!!It was a very special and moving experience for me!!!!!! :hug:
Then we have spiritual guides. I think all of us are provided of spirtual guides since we are born and that they are the right ones to guide us during our life to fulfill what we came to do in this incarnation. They speak in low whispers inside us but many people is so overwhelmed by ordinary life and its worries they don't pay attention and don't realize they are there. They'll always be loving and optimistic, a true spiritual guide will never frighten you or be agressive. If this happens then we are watching the wrong channel!!!!!
And in my case I found kind of 15 years ago my spiritual teacher who lives in India but with whom I can connect easily when I'm balanced and in my inner centre. When I'm out of my center or sad or stressed by everyday worries then I can't listen to any of them. And it's so sad !!!!! :-(
But when this happens is very important to ask for help!!!!!! When you ask for help for the right reasons and sincerely you'll never be left alone !!!!!! :) Help may come in the form of persons, a book or article we've read, a special circumstance as said the article I've posted. and it's important to be alert to recognize the hints!!!!!! :shake:
So yes I think we have spiritual guides taking care of us and once you realize this you'll never feel alone again !!!!!!!! :shake:
angel-20460.jpg
angel-20460.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
Your Angel is Watching Over you !!!!!!
Love & blessings to you all.......

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lady Nimue » 05 Oct 2007, 04:04

Florence...I just had to tell you how wonderful your kitty is. :)
Lady Nimue-

Florence

Postby Florence » 05 Oct 2007, 04:26

Yes........he's cute!!!!!!! Thank you Lady Nimue !!!!!!(a proud kitty mom!!!!! :oops: )
And I apprecciatte it more because you're an expert in animals..... :shake:

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 05 Oct 2007, 13:44

*gently steers the thread back on topic* ;)

There is a thread in the Pub in regards to changing the name of Halloween and I think most of us on that thread have agreed that the name is really Samhain anyway and it's not the name that matters, but the "reason for the season" as the Fundies like to say about Christmas. There was something said over there which really caught my attention...
Try not to worry too much about the name, or even the reasons given for the change. The point is, I would suggest, that at the time of year when the veil is thinnist, when people like us are having very serious rituals to honour the dead and the ancestors and anything else we are supposed to do, followed by a good party to raise our spirits and ready ourselves for the oncoming Winter...
He reminded me that the "time between times" has always been a time when the veil between the physical world and the metaphysical world is thinnest. In regards to frequencies then, I would take that to mean that not only do we operate on a specific frequency, but that frequencies changes slightly throughout the year, giving us a time when the frequencies are close enough that we can cut through the "white noise" and make contact with those on the other side.

Is this how you all would interpret Samhain then? As being the point of the year when the two frequencies interconnect or overlap slightly?

ImageImageImage

Florence

Postby Florence » 05 Oct 2007, 20:27

Hi Twirch !!!!!!
As usual you post interesting questions!!!!! :idea:

Twirch wrote:
He reminded me that the "time between times" has always been a time when the veil between the physical world and the metaphysical world is thinnest. In regards to frequencies then, I would take that to mean that not only do we operate on a specific frequency, but that frequencies changes slightly throughout the year, giving us a time when the frequencies are close enough that we can cut through the "white noise" and make contact with those on the other side.

Is this how you all would interpret Samhain then? As being the point of the year when the two frequencies interconnect or overlap slightly?
I see several thread here. First of all I guess it's important to note that these festivals change according to hemispheres!!!!! Though Halloween is more of an "imported" holiday here in Argentina it's becoming more popular. But pérsons in the pagan faith celebrate it in another month on the year because in fact here we are preparing for summer!!! So if the veil is thinner it must be in the north and not here. :wink:
I wish I had some kind of explanation for this. _The only that comes to my mind is that darkeness has been always associatted with the "other world".In some schools of magic they recommend to perform rituals at evening or sunset in fact because it's easier to communicatte with the other side!!!! Also around here in ancient times there's a belief that at that hour spirits could be seen easily or that you might even step on them if you were out of the house. Even more there was a costume to pray the rosary at that time and it was called the "Angelus". No one believes that anymore but in the countryside there might still be persons who would believe in that. So I guess one explanation is that lack of light favours the thinning of the veil between worlds. :where:
If we want -to use a more modern language- I guess your explanation regarding vibrations might be accurate. But which vibrations are altered would be the question: it's our world that diminishes the frequency or it's the other world that goes slower? :thinking:
And as to the origin of the name (All Hallows Eve)comes I guess from the chritian holiday of "All deads day" that in fact is celebrated on november 2* in the Catholic Church to remember our relatives and friends that have passed away and in november 1* the celebration is "All saints day" remembering the ones that must have gone to heaven because of their good deeds. This christian holiday must have been overlaped to a pagan festivity as it was usually done. :wink: But the correct name for the Holiday is Samhain in gaelic which is pronounced more or less as "sowein".
L & B
Attachments
WITCH_~11.GIF
WITCH_~11.GIF (117.54 KiB) Viewed 4536 times

Florence

Postby Florence » 05 Oct 2007, 21:48

http://www.chalicecentre.net/samhain.htm :hiya:
http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a ... s&id=11272 :hiya:

Twirch:
Here are a pair of articles that maybe can clarify your questions a little!!!!!!!! :where:

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 06 Oct 2007, 05:13

Twyrch --

I think our own frequencies do change throughout the year because the electromagnetic rays from the sun are at a different angle almost every day. It seems like this would greatly influence our personal frequencies, much like listening to the radio while driving does.

As for the 31st of October, it is Samhain for me. And it is a sacred time -- the frequencies *are* different on that day and the days following. I just try to ignore all of the decorations and focus on all of those I want to honor.

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 06 Oct 2007, 13:05

Florence and Twig, Thanks for those explanations... you both have given me a great deal to think about and consider. :)

ImageImageImage

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lady Nimue » 07 Oct 2007, 15:17

Hi Florence....

Im not the expert....the animals are. :grin:
Lady Nimue-

Return to “The Attic”