INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Lambs_Grove

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby Lambs_Grove » 31 Jul 2009, 01:17

Hi, thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :D
Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful.
It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament.
Welcome it in every fair face, every fair sky, every fair flower.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alchemilla
OBOD Bard

Postby Alchemilla » 31 Jul 2009, 08:47

I am more like an exile German..... somehow stranger in a strange land. But the region we now live in is sooo wild and beautiful...
I know what you mean, I am an exile German as well and would not want to change it for the world.. although my better half would love to move to Germany, once he is fluent in German. Sweden must be great. At one point you have to tell me how you ended up in Sweden. :)
:acorns:
Aonaibh ri cheille!
(Taillear dubh na tuaighe)

Image :brnbear:

tomwalkinghunter

Postby tomwalkinghunter » 31 Jul 2009, 12:03

I am more like an exile German..... somehow stranger in a strange land. But the region we now live in is sooo wild and beautiful...
I know what you mean, I am an exile German as well and would not want to change it for the world.. although my better half would love to move to Germany, once he is fluent in German. Sweden must be great. At one point you have to tell me how you ended up in Sweden. :)
After plenty of holidays in Sweden it had always been a feeling of coming home instead of entering a foreign land.So we made the descision...
But in a deeper sense it deals with an outer sign for inner changes....

Alchemilla
OBOD Bard

Postby Alchemilla » 31 Jul 2009, 12:16

Sounds nice and I hope you have found what you were looking for :) .
:acorns:
Aonaibh ri cheille!
(Taillear dubh na tuaighe)

Image :brnbear:

tomwalkinghunter

Postby tomwalkinghunter » 31 Jul 2009, 20:41

Sounds nice and I hope you have found what you were looking for :) .
Hej, it looks and feels like today.This is a very powerfull place to live.But the mainfact is we changed our life, and it seems to work.Our kids playing with elves, my wife came back to her spiritual way I once was afraid she lost...
and I am ? I am here in the order again and please look at the pictures on my homepage (marketplace) (even the gallery), doesn´t that look like a lucky man? :wiz:
Thank´s for all the blessing wishes.
We meet again
Walk in beauty
Tom

Pans Bote

Postby Pans Bote » 31 Jul 2009, 23:29

Hi everybody!

I`m a 48 years old german male,already active on the german board and a beginning OBOD bard.
I like to give you all a very warm embracing from the flowery hillsides of the frankenhoehe, a nice countryside in the north of bavaria.
I hope we will share a long period of interesting experiences, helping us all to bring GAIA to a higher level of power and purity.
After I met Philip Carr-Gomm in Baden Baden at the end of may I immediately decided to become a part of this great movement of pagan people of the 21st century.
Lookin forward to you
Love

Michi
pans messenger
(Pans Bote translated)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 01 Aug 2009, 02:27

Greetings and Welcome Michi! :tiphat:

Have a look around, make yourself comfy, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

realmworker

Postby realmworker » 01 Aug 2009, 20:34

Hello all :hiya:

First off, happy Lughnasadh!

I've been doing the Bardic grade for a while and am really enjoying it. I'm a writer and a Reiki master. I do some divination, on a voluntary basis, for the last few years, out of my friends local healing/heritage store. I'm currently writing the first in a series of 8 books, which I'm really excited about. It is a way for me to explore both the heritage and the personal experiences of Druidry and the natural world. I'm a mum of 2 adorable littleuns and have been happily married for 9 years. I love nature obviously! Books and music too. I keep my spirituality fairly simple and private. Though I am a solitary for the most part, I love chatting with kindred spirits, sharing thoughts etc.

I've only peeked at a little of the forum, as it is immense! It seems a very friendly, relaxed place to be :)

Lou

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 02 Aug 2009, 12:36

Greetings and Warm Welcome Lou!
Please make yourself comfy, take a look around, have a nice cuppa :tea: and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

realmworker

Postby realmworker » 02 Aug 2009, 16:48

Thanks for the warm welcome (and the cuppa!) :)

Vorador
OBOD Bard

Postby Vorador » 05 Aug 2009, 06:12

Hello. my name is Lyle. I'm 22 years old and live in a small mormon town called Kanab, in utah. I know a few Wiccans but I don't think I've met any druids, even though I live near Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Maybe I've met them but I just don't know if they are Druid or not.

I'm pretty much self taught, so I don't know if i can actually call myself a Druid. I've never even really talked to anyone that could be Druid. So I've learned through books and a lot of thinking. I've learned that I don't actually need a spell for magic to work; more I didn't use a spell to get rid of my depression. And I don't say a spell to dispel negative energy. but what ever I'm doing it works.

I've recently learned about the metaphysical abilities of crystals and semi-precious stones and have pretty much gone wild collecting them. I even have a grinder and polisher so I can make pendents. I've given a few away, and blessed one for a friend.

I did find that my way of getting rid of depression (stress, anxiety, bad memories) will work for anyone. so if you want to know what I did and to give it a shot send me an email - Mugenindustries@yahoo.com - and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll tell you how I came up with it and then how to do it.

Lyle
"Vigilance is our shield, which protects us from swallowed pasts. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future." Thief, The Dark Project. Spoken by Hammerites

"Don't Panic" HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Excellence is the result of doing more then others think is wise; risking more then others think is safe; dreaming more then others think is practical; and expecting more then others think is possible."

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 05 Aug 2009, 21:22

Greetings and Welcome Lyle!
Feel free to kick back, take a look around, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Vorador
OBOD Bard

Postby Vorador » 06 Aug 2009, 04:50

Thank you. I do have some questions. In one of the books I read "Druid Magick" they talked about making your own spells, but they didn't really go into detail about what a spell means. I usually try to think logically, what would work and what makes sense. but that book didn't give any examples or anything. But when I think spells I think about Wiccan magick - every spell having some sort of rhyme (for easy remembering and it sounds good). I've really been trying to stay away from the Wiccan spells, mostly because I see Wiccan as control over nature while Druidry is working with nature. But when I read "Wars of the Irish Kings" and read about Lugh asking what the Druids, Blacksmiths, Witches, etc., would do to to defeat the Fomorians they replied something like "We will call fire from the heavens so that our enemies cannot look up." "Every sword and shield that we make will not break and every spear will not miss their mark." So I thought about this and figured that just saying what will happen is the spell. But the Cupbearers said that they would stand on a mountain, in front of a boulder, on one leg. Hold a thorn in one hand and (something else) in the other. so this, to me, was a sort of ritual; standing in a specific place in the Crane position to achieve a greater concentration and therefore a stronger spell.

Am I wrong that there aren't spells in Druidry like there are in Wicca? an example of my own spell was when I dispelled my negative energy. I went a bought a light green candle and before lighting it I held it in my hand and said to it "As you burn let the negative energy inside of me burn away." i lit the candle and said it again but this time to the flame. I let the candle burn for a long time and melted about halfway down and I had no more negative energy inside me. So, naturally, I had to think about this. if I had said nothing to the candle or the flame would my negative energy have gone away? Why did it work. The most logical thing I could come up with is through speaking aloud what I wanted or "Willed" to happen my subconscious allowed the negative energy to go away. Or my Will enchanted the candle to do what I wanted it to.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense at all.
"Vigilance is our shield, which protects us from swallowed pasts. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future." Thief, The Dark Project. Spoken by Hammerites

"Excellence is the result of doing more then others think is wise; risking more then others think is safe; dreaming more then others think is practical; and expecting more then others think is possible."

Avariel
OBOD Ovate

Postby Avariel » 06 Aug 2009, 06:21

Thank you. I do have some questions. In one of the books I read "Druid Magick" they talked about making your own spells, but they didn't really go into detail about what a spell means. I usually try to think logically, what would work and what makes sense. but that book didn't give any examples or anything. But when I think spells I think about Wiccan magick - every spell having some sort of rhyme (for easy remembering and it sounds good). I've really been trying to stay away from the Wiccan spells, mostly because I see Wiccan as control over nature while Druidry is working with nature. But when I read "Wars of the Irish Kings" and read about Lugh asking what the Druids, Blacksmiths, Witches, etc., would do to to defeat the Fomorians they replied something like "We will call fire from the heavens so that our enemies cannot look up." "Every sword and shield that we make will not break and every spear will not miss their mark." So I thought about this and figured that just saying what will happen is the spell. But the Cupbearers said that they would stand on a mountain, in front of a boulder, on one leg. Hold a thorn in one hand and (something else) in the other. so this, to me, was a sort of ritual; standing in a specific place in the Crane position to achieve a greater concentration and therefore a stronger spell.

Am I wrong that there aren't spells in Druidry like there are in Wicca? an example of my own spell was when I dispelled my negative energy. I went a bought a light green candle and before lighting it I held it in my hand and said to it "As you burn let the negative energy inside of me burn away." i lit the candle and said it again but this time to the flame. I let the candle burn for a long time and melted about halfway down and I had no more negative energy inside me. So, naturally, I had to think about this. if I had said nothing to the candle or the flame would my negative energy have gone away? Why did it work. The most logical thing I could come up with is through speaking aloud what I wanted or "Willed" to happen my subconscious allowed the negative energy to go away. Or my Will enchanted the candle to do what I wanted it to.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense at all.
Would you like to repost this in one of the question forums? Or maye one of our mods can do it, but if you posted this question here: http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewforum.php?f=50 perhaps you may get some more exposure and more people will be able to see your question :P This thread is constantly moving and growing and some people might never actually find this question, and I think it's a valid one, as a lot of people need to address making their own spells and how "intent" manifests in the world depending on what you do in a ritual or spell, etc.

If it gets reposted I'll definitely jump in the discussion, I'd like to see peoples answers to this, too!
If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in, Come in.

-Shel Silverstein
ImageImage
Image2009 BS

Vorador
OBOD Bard

Postby Vorador » 06 Aug 2009, 18:18

I've copied the post to http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... 50&t=33692
the title is Druid Magick? but he url there takes you right to it.

Donna

Postby Donna » 07 Aug 2009, 10:35

Hello!
I'm a 27 year-old mother of two, musician, teacher, and new bardic member of OBOD. I live in Hastings, UK.
I have spent many an hour over the years on various Pagan and Wiccan boards, and in Christian churches, and the more I learn, the more questions I have. So my wanderings and wonderings have now brought me here, and I am delighted to find a path that centres around British mythology, allows me a way to express my spirituality through music, and encourages me to celebrate and worship in the ways, places and company that I choose!
See you around. :-)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 08 Aug 2009, 00:24

Greetings and Welcome Donna!
May you find here, that which you seek! :where:
Feel free to relax with a nice cuppa :tea: and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Varethius

Postby Varethius » 09 Aug 2009, 06:30

Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the Obod forums! :tiphat:

My name is Ahsley, I'm a 21 year old male from Cymru (Wales) in the uk!
I've never been interested in religion, in fact I've allways been an atheist and decided for quite a long time that spirits and gods were just silly tales. But lately I've been finding that no matter what I do with my life and no matter what physical possessions I have I still feel... empty inside.

I've decided to look into druidry (particularly bardism right now) in an attempt to find a few things. I'm not even sure what they are, but a place in the world sounds ideal. I'm very into IT, but I always feel like don't really fit in. I.T. is so..... contained, and... well... boring. Nature is ever changing, from the day, to the week and the year.

I've been told I have a big heart, so I hope to put that to use and to learn to love the land I live on and the world that humanity as a race is slowly destroying.
I'm starting college in September, doing English language, English literature and Media studies. I've written poems already by using the influence of Awen, but I'm still just starting off and have yet to announce my bardic chair!

If there's one thing I want to learn while I'm here and along my bardic path its how to love without being hurt. And not forsaking or losing someone just because they don't return the feelings. I'm very emotional and far too trusting when it comes to making friends, so I often end up being abandoned by people I care about! I would love to know what druidry has to teach on this matter!

Blessed be, each and all of you!
I want to sing of all things new.
From the river and the springtime dew.

To friends I've loved and friends I've lost.
Let your memories rest in dust.

/ | \

WhiteWave

Postby WhiteWave » 09 Aug 2009, 15:02

Hello All,

It was suggested I come here to introduce myself. I didn't know there was a special place for that. This message board is quite layered with lots of categories (which I love).

My name is Jennifer. I am from the United States. I live in a town in northern New Jersey just 10 miles south of the border from New York farmlands. I am about 5 miles into the mountains and have found much healing here.

I think it is fair to say that I shared beliefs in Druidry without knowing about it for most of my life. I believe my mother instilled much in me about herbs, nature, spirituality, psychic connection, healing, and much more things that I won't go on and on about. I am 31 years old. I was looking to make a spiritual or religeous connection for some time now. I have struggled with rejecting masogonist books of thou shall nots. I was outside on my deck looking into the trees and listening to the calming brook running through my yard. I decided that nature IS my spirituality. It always has been.

I immediately began to research faith based in nature on the internet, and found multiple hits nature based faiths including druidry. As soon as I read into it I knew I had found my others. I ordered my teachings of the OBOD and cannot wait to begin my studies. Thank you all for reading. I look forward to meeting my tutor, and sharing with you all.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 09 Aug 2009, 17:20

Greetings and Welcome Ahsley! :tiphat:
Warm Welcome also to you, Jennifer! :curtsey:

Please make yourselves comfy, have a look around, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Return to “The Attic”