Pub Crawl: The Heat of The Moment

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Crow
OBOD Druid

Postby Crow » 09 Dec 2004, 20:15

I'm glad you got over your hesitation, Saille, and hope to see you again next time we sally forth (pun intended) on another adventure.

Billy Joe Bob was here earlier and he said he's glad to have you, too!

:raven:
“You can't study the darkness by flooding it with light.” ~ Edward Abbey

Saille-Panthera
OBOD Bard

Postby Saille-Panthera » 09 Dec 2004, 23:37

I'm glad you got over your hesitation, Saille, and hope to see you again next time we sally forth (pun intended) on another adventure.

Billy Joe Bob was here earlier and he said he's glad to have you, too!

:raven:
Aw, now you're making me :oops: , thanks :kissie: :hug:
Image Image Image Image

'All we have to do is preserve our personality, to live our own life, to be captain of our own ship, and all will be well' (Dr. E. Bach)

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 10 Dec 2004, 04:03

It was my pleasure, Saille W , to start the crawl...this time. But now that you are over your shyness, your time will come! :grin:

And I was very pleased to see some newcomers, as were Crow and Billy Joe Bob. It adds to the fun and the excitement. So please, keep posting!
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Saille-Panthera
OBOD Bard

Postby Saille-Panthera » 13 Dec 2004, 21:13

Ok, I will, if you keep starting pub crawls, grin
Image Image Image Image

'All we have to do is preserve our personality, to live our own life, to be captain of our own ship, and all will be well' (Dr. E. Bach)

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 15 Dec 2004, 04:21

So what you are saying is, if we post it, you will come? Hear that Crow?
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Wolfwalker

Postby Wolfwalker » 15 Dec 2004, 04:27

Heheheheheheheheheheheheh... count me in! Ooowwwoooooh! The wolf is in da house!
Love people and use things, NOT use people and love things...

Saille-Panthera
OBOD Bard

Postby Saille-Panthera » 15 Dec 2004, 10:45

So what you are saying is, if we post it, you will come? Hear that Crow?
Erm, did I say that? :o :thinking: :o :shrug:
Ok, lol, guess I did say that :angel: :hug:
Image Image Image Image

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 15 Dec 2004, 13:48

Yep! You are now part of the pub crawl gang. Like they say in Hotel California, "You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave!" :grin:

And it looks like WolfWalker had a howling good time with the last one.

Will CelticDao and Caritas find the answer to time travel? Will Crow ever get out of the Karmic Clause? Will Portabello mushrooms be banned by the FDA? And will Selene ever be part of a story where her lap top is not stolen or destroyed? Stay tuned for answers to these and other tales here on "As the Pub Crawl turns."

Ruthie

Postby Ruthie » 15 Dec 2004, 21:08

Stay tuned for answers to these and other tales here on "As the Pub Crawl turns."
Would that be a left turn or a right turn?
Do you think we should signal first?
How much more of this can Gladys take?
What will KatLady pull out of her collar next?
Will Crow ever need to sharpen his reporter's pencil?
Can UnderGreenPhoenixDruidRiverGround's name grow any longer?
How many new rooms can we add to the 'Duck before we need a building permit?
Is that a beverage or a solvent?
Or is it BOTH???!!!
I've completely lost my mind..........
I've started dreaming of these Pub Crawls.
:grin:

CelticDao
OBOD Bard

Postby CelticDao » 15 Dec 2004, 22:21

Now if ye don't know where Muleshoe is, I reckon ye better just get ye a map,
Dang, I ain't been out Muleshoe way, since 1979, when I mustered out of the Air Force, over by Clovis. You're makin me all misty-eyed here, for open prarie... NOT!!! But the Caprock is a lovely place!
Namasté Y'all.
BrightWind

Image. . . . .Image
2005 IL . 2008 IL

Billy Joe Bob

Postby Billy Joe Bob » 16 Dec 2004, 00:03

Just keep yer cotton-pickin' hands off o' Laurel. You done had yer chance and ye blowed it. She's mine now, and I won't take it kindly if there's any interferin'. We got a hankerin' to get hitched soon as we get back from findin' a lady pooka. So yer gonna be welcome to come, Mister CelticDow, as long as ye conduct yerself like a gennleman. You might as well start thinkin' of Laurel as Mrs. Billy Joe Bob, because I guarandamntee ye we'll be lookin' fer a preacher real soon.

Now the rest of ye also can start packin' yer bags for Muleshoe, and I'll send out a notice when it's time to assemble. But first, like I said, I got some stuff I gotta do, so ya'll just go about yer jobs or whatever it is ye do, and don't go gettin' antsy just yet. It's gonna happen, but ye gotta wait fer it.

Now listen here, Saille, I know yer prolly way out there in that Dutch place, and I know it's a long way to Muleshoe from there, and from what I've heard about that place, you prolly got a job where ye gotta keep yer finger in the dike to keep the whole derned place from floodin', but this little delay is gonna work out perfect for ye on account of it'll give ye a chance to find somebody else to do the dike pluggin' while yer helpin' us search for lady pookas. So while yer pluggin' the dike with one finger, start packin' a bag with the other hand, and if ye know any other dike pluggers who can find a substitute for a few days, ye can haul 'em along with ye to Muleshoe.

CelticDao
OBOD Bard

Postby CelticDao » 16 Dec 2004, 00:08

So yer gonna be welcome to come, Mister CelticDow, as long as ye conduct yerself like a gennleman. You might as well start thinkin' of Laurel as Mrs. Billy Joe Bob, because I guarandamntee ye we'll be lookin' fer a preacher real soon.
Son, you just take good care of her, and I'll be glad to do the preacher part! Go with my blessing! Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT eat celery in her presence! Trust me on this one!
Namasté Y'all.
BrightWind

Image. . . . .Image
2005 IL . 2008 IL

Saille-Panthera
OBOD Bard

Postby Saille-Panthera » 16 Dec 2004, 11:13

Now listen here, Saille, I know yer prolly way out there in that Dutch place, and I know it's a long way to Muleshoe from there, and from what I've heard about that place, you prolly got a job where ye gotta keep yer finger in the dike to keep the whole derned place from floodin', but this little delay is gonna work out perfect for ye on account of it'll give ye a chance to find somebody else to do the dike pluggin' while yer helpin' us search for lady pookas. So while yer pluggin' the dike with one finger, start packin' a bag with the other hand, and if ye know any other dike pluggers who can find a substitute for a few days, ye can haul 'em along with ye to Muleshoe.
Ah, I'm way ahead of you there Billy Joe Bob! I've moved from the part of the Netherlands where you have to worry about holes in dikes years ago! Now I'm living safe high and dry near the German border....
But well, that's probably just as good, since it's a long swim to the other side of the Atlantic.... :thinking:
Image Image Image Image

Saille-Panthera
OBOD Bard

Postby Saille-Panthera » 16 Dec 2004, 11:17

Ow, and by the way, could anyone care to explain to me what the **** a pooka is??? :shrug:
Image Image Image Image

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 16 Dec 2004, 13:13

Return to “The Attic”