The case of the Missing Stone Circle (A Pub Crawl)

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Robb Hawklord
OBOD Bard

Postby Robb Hawklord » 05 Mar 2005, 00:24

And as the sun set slowly in the East ( A Minor hiccup designed to distract), all the remaiming druids awaiting their fateful incantation, slipped out of that reality and returned to mundaniam, allowing the Epidural, err Epilogue to be written
She's the goddess of love
The goddess in green
The goddess of all
That I've ever seen
The goddess of hope
The goddess in brown
The goddess of all
That you've burned to the ground

Maid Of The River - The Levellers

Wilmer

Postby Wilmer » 05 Mar 2005, 01:46

Wilmer sat on the desk eating the crackers and cheese that the balance patrol team had given him. He was a very polite hamster, and even though he was tempted to stuff his little cheeks, he knew that the humans didn't understand hamster etiquete. So he ate the heroic meal before him. He was very happy that Officer Frank had decided to let his pet, Saki, go with a warning and promised he would keep an eye on her in the future and not allow her to eat any mushrooms. He looked back to the holding cell where he saw that lovely Green Druid lady remove a stone from her pocket, rub it and Poof! the whole gaggle of them disappeared in the twinkling of an eye. (Wilber was a great reader and liked the phrase "twinkling of an eye" even though his eyes didn't twinkle.) He sighed as the last sound he heard as they disappeared was that funny thing the man with the dress was blowing into making a squeak like his mouse cousins. He looked at Officer Frank and asked, "Could I possibly have a spoon full of water? Oh! By the way. It seems that your human captives have disappeared."

"What?" came the reply as Officer Frank turned to see an empty holding cell, except for a few black crow feathers. "Where did they go?" he asked of no one in particular.

With a sigh, Wilmer put down his cheese and replied, "Why where all pub crawls go, Officer Frank. They went to the epilogue, of course!"

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 05 Mar 2005, 02:45

The Foggy Duckers and friends found themselves back in New Zealand, the Stone Circle returned to its rightful place. Crow shook his head and wondered how he kept getting himself involved with this stuff anyway. He knew it always led to some weird thing with mushrooms, strange people and no-good happenings. He looked over as the participants in the crawl just shrugged their shoulders, knowing that they would be back again for another go at it, someday, somewhere, somehow. He sighed, and stepped up beside Unikorn, who was grinning ear to ear because she was back in her beautiful Aotearoa and a pub crawl had taken place there. Life was good in her eyes. The two moderators stepped forward as Mr. Phlipp Phlopp raised his hands and said to the gathered crowd, “Greetings and Welcome to the first annual Druid Debate…”

Epilogue:
As you can guess, the stone that Green Druid had rubbed was a “magical transportation and bringing a conclusion to a pub crawl” stone. It had whisked the friends back to their place of beginning, beautiful New Zealand where they could again ponder why they enjoy writing these silly pub crawls in the first place. All was made right in the world and they all lived to write another day.

Crow returned to his day job, a little more wise and a little less poor. Charles Payne decided to give him the additional pay as a long deserved raise. When he returned to his roost, he discovered that Mr. Payne had also graciously given a gift to Mrs. Crow for all of her patience: a new super-duper semi-automatic rolling pin.

Selene, who still couldn’t figure out how a nice Southern lady like herself always got dragged along on these things, contemplated giving up her pumpkin medallion for her own safety, She was convinced that she would need it in the future to again save the world from immediate disaster by Kernos. To ensure her continued participation, Mr. Phlipp Phlopp upgraded her computer and gave Mr. Selene a matching one.

Unikorn decided it was best if she not mention that she enjoyed Pub Crawls ever again or next time she might end up as a kiwi or something. She put the whole incident out of her mind and went about her business turning the world on with her smile.

Green Druid became the senior writer on staff of “Tales from the Stones” a new ABC mystery in the style of the Twilight Zone. She kept the “magical transportation and bringing a conclusion to a pub crawl” stone as a keepsake of the strangest pub crawl in which she had ever participated.

Billy Joe Bob, Merle, Pilot Jack and Greymore went to Auckland and formed “Pigeon Airline Stone Transportation Services” where they cornered the market on pigeon transportation. MoonCloud became their first flight attendant passing out packages of skittles to all of the passengers.

Fascination decided that there was little fascination in participating in the pub crawls and that perhaps he would like to try illustrating them instead.

Azrienoch aka Azzy Jeff, Alferian , Kernos and Merlyn became the newest rapp/R&B sensations, “Azzy J and the Druid boys”. Their first single, “Skeptic, I Am” went platinum on 3 continents.

Beith returned to running her shoe shop and helping Gladys at the Foggy Duck. She would have added the adventure to the book she was writing, “Celtic Fairy Tales” but decided that a) it wasn’t very Celtic and b) even children would have a hard time believing this one! (Stones forming the Starship Enterprise!?)

Lily and Frank formed “Pub Crawl Anonymous” for those who had survived the crawls and never wanted to be dragged back in. Their first meeting found a house full of shell-shocked faeries and pictsies.

Saki became the Manager of a Club “The Mushroom” which was a hit with the Goth crowd and she soon went on to own a chain of clubs throughout the United States and Britain.

Frank aka Hank found out there aren’t many virgins in prison and wrote a book, “Living In My Brother’s Shadow: A book about Sibling Rivalry” that was on the New York Time’s bestseller list for 6 weeks.

EarthWard took a sabbatical to write his memoirs. He was last seen stuffing the ballot box at the Beltane Eisteddfod Competition.

MorningStar and Rob Hawklord made oodles of money being the promoters for both fantasy and science fiction conventions.

Rudah became a vegetarian after seeing Merle figuring it was safer to live and let live rather than eat or be eaten.

Oakwyse wondered what god was punishing him by dragging an innocent bystander like him into this Crawl. He was last seen playing his bagpipes in the moonlight.

Phlipp Phlopp and Charles Payne went back to doing whatever they do.

Kat Lady disappeared, not wanting to ever show her face again…

And Wilmer, well Wilmer was awarded the medal of valor for showing the world that size really doesn’t matter.
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Crow
OBOD Druid

Postby Crow » 05 Mar 2005, 16:31

Great job wrapping things up, Kat Lady. It was a lot of fun, and it was a great idea to visit new places! :yay:
“You can't study the darkness by flooding it with light.” ~ Edward Abbey

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 05 Mar 2005, 17:30

Brava, Kat Lady! Ya done good, kid! Image Image Image

But I take exception to this:
Kat Lady disappeared, not wanting to ever show her face again…
That had better not be true!

Crow, great work at bringing plot lines together! And Wilmer, you're probably the most talented hamster I've ever seen!

Thanks to everyone who participated for bringing us another fun Pub Crawl!

S
:selene:
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

EarthWard

Postby EarthWard » 05 Mar 2005, 18:43

:poof: :poof: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :hug: :kissie: :floss: :applause: :applause:

Wonderfully done! It was great to see some new faces in the Pub Crawl as well. Robb Hawklord I think you make a great Pub Crawler!
I would like to personally think Green Druid, my hero, for letting me use her character.
Peace we're out of here,
EW

Crow
OBOD Druid

Postby Crow » 05 Mar 2005, 19:27

And don't forget Ruadh! A hawk wearing bifocals is a natural pub crawler!
“You can't study the darkness by flooding it with light.” ~ Edward Abbey

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 06 Mar 2005, 00:58

Gasp! How did I omit the kudos for our bespectacled red-tailed hawk?!? My apologies, Ruadh—Crow is right—you're a natural for this stuff!
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Underground River
OBOD Bard

Postby Underground River » 06 Mar 2005, 06:17

This one was a lot of fun even though I often couldn't remember which characters were where doing what...
Thanks for using my character, EarthWard, you did a great job, and being a hero is always awensome!
I am thinking up a new idea for another crawl... ;)
GD
I love you...
Je t'aime...
Ik hou van jou...
:ghug:

Return to “The Attic”