Humanistic paganism

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Porpoise

Humanistic paganism

Postby Porpoise » 16 Nov 2015, 10:16

I came across this, which looks rather appealing:
http://humanisticpaganism.com/blog/

Does this approach sit comfortably with the Druid tradition? I feel like I want a deeper connection with the natural world but don't want to take on a load of strange beliefs. :)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Humanistic paganism

Postby Heddwen » 16 Nov 2015, 11:57

I came across this, which looks rather appealing:
http://humanisticpaganism.com/blog/

Does this approach sit comfortably with the Druid tradition? I feel like I want a deeper connection with the natural world but don't want to take on a load of strange beliefs. :)

Yes, OBOD druidry is very inclusive , there is no pressure to be a theist (if that's what your referring to here!). You can find out more about us through our main site.... www.druidry.org.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Humanistic paganism

Postby ShadowCat » 16 Nov 2015, 12:01

It's a wonderful blog, it had me giggling more than once...

I've found that druidry doesn't require any preset "belief" at all, but offers a way of honing and examining your own ideas and convictions, whatever they might be.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”