INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
Seeker
OBOD Druid

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby Seeker » 13 Jun 2017, 23:23

I, too was active here years ago. Sometimes our journey takes us to places we never thought possible... :shrug:

Time to come home!

To both old friends and, hopefully, new ones, my name is Seeker and I am old enough to know that there is much I do not know. :old:
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 14 Jun 2017, 09:02

Seeker wrote:I, too was active here years ago. Sometimes our journey takes us to places we never thought possible... :shrug:

Time to come home!

To both old friends and, hopefully, new ones, my name is Seeker and I am old enough to know that there is much I do not know. :old:

I remember you, Seeker. Welcome home :)

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 14 Jun 2017, 12:28

Heddwen wrote:
Seeker wrote:I, too was active here years ago. Sometimes our journey takes us to places we never thought possible... :shrug:

Time to come home!

I remember you, Seeker. Welcome home :)

Welcome Back Seeker :shake:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

cheese

Postby cheese » 14 Jun 2017, 15:53

Hello all.

I'm cheese, in my early 40's and I live in Louisiana. I'm looking forward to discovering druidry and I'm really impressed with the OBOD material so far.

:D

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 14 Jun 2017, 17:57

cheese wrote:Hello all.

I'm cheese, in my early 40's and I live in Louisiana. I'm looking forward to discovering druidry and I'm really impressed with the OBOD material so far.

:D

Hi cheese, welcome to the Board and to the Order. You may like to join in the Members Only Forum here, the link is...viewtopic.php?f=240&t=479 You'll find all things Bardic there, but you need to have signed up for the course first.

Also here's a link that will give you further information about us... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

Basically, if you have any questions about anything....just ask :grin:

with many Blessings,

Heddwen. :)

Lauffeuer

Postby Lauffeuer » 15 Jun 2017, 00:34

I however would like the bard Awen under my posts but that link you posted says I'm not autherized to view that topic? I am a regisered bard myself and I am quite confused.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 15 Jun 2017, 02:41

Lauffeuer wrote:I however would like the bard Awen under my posts but that link you posted says I'm not autherized to view that topic? I am a regisered bard myself and I am quite confused.

Hello Lauffeuer,

I see the Bard Awen in your signature now - I'm glad you were able to get this fixed. :)

Cheers,
Michael :tiphat:

- Thoreau

Jefftos
OBOD Bard

Postby Jefftos » 24 Jun 2017, 04:29

I'm Jeff I live in Bakersfield, California which is in the Central Valley. I'm 33 and just began the bardic course a couple weeks ago. It's been really nice so far.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 24 Jun 2017, 08:29

Jefftos wrote:I'm Jeff I live in Bakersfield, California which is in the Central Valley. I'm 33 and just began the bardic course a couple weeks ago. It's been really nice so far.

So pleased that you are enjoying the course. Welcome to the OBOD order and to the Board. Please explore it here and if you so wish, there is a Members Only section of the Board which you can join. THere you'll find all things Bardic. Just follow this link...viewtopic.php?f=240&t=479

If you have any questions then just ask!

Cheerio,

Heddwen. |-)

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 25 Jun 2017, 19:48

Thank you to all for such a kind welcome back... :tiphat:
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 26 Jun 2017, 11:52

Seeker wrote:Thank you to all for such a kind welcome back... :tiphat:

Anytime - We're glad you're back good sir. :)

- Thoreau

DavidShawII
OBOD Bard

Postby DavidShawII » 12 Aug 2017, 16:37

Hello all, my name is Keith Ferguson (This is not actually my legal name, but it was the name I was given at birth and then it was changed after I was adopted. I use it now within Pagan communities because I feel it fits me more plus it is like me paying respect to my parents who gave me life....). I am 38. I live in Huntsville, AL. I am currently on the Bardic course. Nov 2012 was when the realization hit me that I was Pagan, and it was probably two weeks or a month thereafter that I realized I was Druid. It was an amazing awakening. Every question I had ever had just went away and I felt complete peace. I felt a new understanding of the world around me and started to look at EVERYTHING differently, including myself! I also started to take on a new appreciation for everything and a better more positive attitude. I have 4 cats, two male and two female. I have a significant other and we've had a handfast together. We have not had a legal wedding because I am on disability and right now we cannot afford for me to lose what I receive every month plus what little medical benefits I have. She is also on the Bardic course, but she is more shaman than druid. We do not have any kids except for our cats. Anyway I think that is quite a bit about me for now and I thank you for allowing me to join the forum board. I have never truly been on a forum board before and there are so many rules to read and I am doing my best not to get lost! :D

Bright Blessings!!!
Keith Ferguson :tiphat:

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 12 Aug 2017, 18:44

DavidShawII wrote:Hello all, my name is Keith Ferguson (This is not actually my legal name, but it was the name I was given at birth and then it was changed after I was adopted. I use it now within Pagan communities because I feel it fits me more plus it is like me paying respect to my parents who gave me life....). I am 38. I live in Huntsville, AL. I am currently on the Bardic course. Nov 2012 was when the realization hit me that I was Pagan, and it was probably two weeks or a month thereafter that I realized I was Druid. It was an amazing awakening. Every question I had ever had just went away and I felt complete peace. I felt a new understanding of the world around me and started to look at EVERYTHING differently, including myself! I also started to take on a new appreciation for everything and a better more positive attitude. I have 4 cats, two male and two female. I have a significant other and we've had a handfast together. We have not had a legal wedding because I am on disability and right now we cannot afford for me to lose what I receive every month plus what little medical benefits I have. She is also on the Bardic course, but she is more shaman than druid. We do not have any kids except for our cats. Anyway I think that is quite a bit about me for now and I thank you for allowing me to join the forum board. I have never truly been on a forum board before and there are so many rules to read and I am doing my best not to get lost! :D

Bright Blessings!!!

Hi Keith :hiya: Thanks for the great introduction and welcome aboard ! Here are some links to help you navigate the OBOD Board... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

and also there's a link that you can follow to join our Members Only Forum. There you'll find everything Bardic and you can have a good natter with other Druids...viewtopic.php?f=240&t=479

If you get lost then please do give us a shout...we're here to help :tiphat:

Cheerio,

Heddwen |-)

Angie Shimmermystt
OBOD Bard

Postby Angie Shimmermystt » 12 Aug 2017, 20:07

Hello there, everyone!
My name is Angie, I am a youthful 48, and I live in Temecula, California, USA
I look forward to making friends here, as I have been unable to find anyone with out here with beliefs/practices similar to mine.
I love animals (especially horses, wolves, and birds-who seem to enjoy following me), nature, music, dancing, reading, & I generally have a passion for life as well as a respect for the very real but often unseen-world/s... :-D
I enjoy making new friends!

Love, Life, and Spirit of Awen to all!!!

Angie Shimmermystt
angiejimenez3@gmail.com

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 12 Aug 2017, 22:25

Angie Shimmermystt wrote:Hello there, everyone!
My name is Angie, I am a youthful 48, and I live in Temecula, California, USA
I look forward to making friends here, as I have been unable to find anyone with out here with beliefs/practices similar to mine.
I love animals (especially horses, wolves, and birds-who seem to enjoy following me), nature, music, dancing, reading, & I generally have a passion for life as well as a respect for the very real but often unseen-world/s... :-D
I enjoy making new friends!

Love, Life, and Spirit of Awen to all!!!

Angie Shimmermystt
angiejimenez3@gmail.com

Welcome back here, Angie :D

Blessings,

Heddwen :awen:

JasperJ
OBOD Bard

Postby JasperJ » 15 Aug 2017, 05:53

I'm 30 years old in Boise Idaho USA.

Any other Idahoans here?
May joy flow throughout your life.

:warm: :awen: :warm:

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 15 Aug 2017, 07:53

Welcome here, JasperJ :hiya:

ValerianOddity
OBOD Bard

Postby ValerianOddity » 17 Aug 2017, 23:18

Hi, I'm Heather! I'm a 40 year old mom to 3 boys, living in Philadelphia, PA in the USA. I just started the Bard program, which I am working on alongside the ADF Dedicant path. (I think they'll compliment each other nicely.) Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning from others here.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 18 Aug 2017, 09:03

ValerianOddity wrote:Hi, I'm Heather! I'm a 40 year old mom to 3 boys, living in Philadelphia, PA in the USA. I just started the Bard program, which I am working on alongside the ADF Dedicant path. (I think they'll compliment each other nicely.) Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning from others here.

Hello there Heather :hiya: a warm welcome to you, I hope that you enjoy the course and when you are ready, please make it over to the Members Only section of this Board. There you'll find all things Bardic. Just follow this link... viewtopic.php?f=240&t=479

Enjoy!

Heddwen. :)

waiata
OBOD Bard

Postby waiata » 22 Aug 2017, 20:03

Hi, I am a 50 year old male, and am blessed to live on the rugged West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. I was drawn here from the city about 8 years ago....

Return to “The Hearthfire”