INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby Heddwen » 22 Aug 2017, 21:02

waiata wrote:Hi, I am a 50 year old male, and am blessed to live on the rugged West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. I was drawn here from the city about 8 years ago....

Hiya waiata that's a lovely sounding name. So pleased that you made it here. :)

For further info about us there's some useful links here.... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165
You may find some useful stuff about us there

Also, just give us a shout if you need anything...here to help.

with many Blessings,

Heddwen. |-)

lassoscotland
OBOD Bard

Postby lassoscotland » 06 Sep 2017, 16:32

Greetings, My name is Alexandra (sandie) and I am in my fifties and I live in the North West England UK but I originally come for the Highlands of Scotland. I have just started studying for the Bardic Course which I am enjoying immensely and I now feel that I have been suppressed for years and Druidism has given me sense of Freedom. Any members who live in the UK is it possible to give me information on the Groves and Seedling groups in the North West England as I would love to meet people with like-minded minds,

Blessings

Lassoscotland (Sandie)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 06 Sep 2017, 17:10

Hi sandie :hiya: I hope that you're settling in OK. Here's the link for Groves and Seedgroups... http://www.druidry.org/community/groups ... nd-ireland I hope that helps... and also
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28668&p=480808&hilit=individuals+looking+for#p480808

Cheerio,

Heddwen :awen:

Jazz
OBOD Bard

Postby Jazz » 08 Sep 2017, 01:24

Hello to All,
My name is Jazz, and I am delighted to be making my way through the first course (at my own slow pace!) and am looking forward to exploring this online community and getting to know some fellow pathwalkers. I am 53 years old, and live in coastal New England in the United States. I have found my way to Druidry via many paths over the years, including shamanic studies in Native American tradition, and am so very pleased now to be newly a part of an active Grove not too far from where I live. I cannot get to celebrations as often as I wish as I have some significant mobility and health issues (climbing through the woods is challenging to say the least, but the communal spiritual experience is worth the toll it takes on me physically when I'm able to manage it). I'm also finding a growing connection with other active pagans of different traditions in my community, some of whom are members of my Unitarian Universalist congregation. I feel grateful for the ability to participate in the OBAD Bardic Grade course as it is offering me a wonderful way to synthesize and expand my lifelong intuitive creation of personal spirituality. I'm smiling that I found some of my guides in the choices of smilies! :wolf: :hawk: :raven: :brnbear: :horse:

Angie Shimmermystt
OBOD Bard

Postby Angie Shimmermystt » 08 Sep 2017, 01:44

:hiya: Hi, Jazz!! Welcome to the community!! My name is Angie Shimmermystt, I am 48, and I live in Southern California

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 08 Sep 2017, 08:03

Hi Jazz and Angie....a warm welcome to you both! If you haven't already then please find your way to the Bardic Grove by following this link... viewtopic.php?f=247&t=30632 there you'll find all things Bardic to enhance your journey :)

Also this link... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165 will direct you to lots more info about us

Enjoy the gwersi!

Heddwen :D

Jazz
OBOD Bard

Postby Jazz » 08 Sep 2017, 18:19

Thank you for the welcome!

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 08 Sep 2017, 22:13

Jazz wrote:Thank you for the welcome!

No problem :)

SacredElements
OBOD Bard

Postby SacredElements » 16 Sep 2017, 22:23

Greetings! My name is Janine and I'm 50 years old living with my beautiful family in Spruce Grove, Canada. I've recently begun the Bardic Grade, and I am really enjoying it thus far. I feel as though I'm rediscovering something that's been deeply hidden within me. Always there, just underneath conscious thought... new but deeply familiar. I look forward to my journey here and connecting with like-minded people. Blessings to you!

Angie Shimmermystt
OBOD Bard

Postby Angie Shimmermystt » 16 Sep 2017, 23:42

Hi, Janine!
Welcome to the community! I am studying Gwers lesson 8 currently, and it really feels like coming home :D .
I live in Temecula, California (Southern California). Please message me, I'd love to become friends :shake:
Angie Shimmermystt

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 17 Sep 2017, 10:53

SacredElements wrote:Greetings! My name is Janine and I'm 50 years old living with my beautiful family in Spruce Grove, Canada. I've recently begun the Bardic Grade, and I am really enjoying it thus far. I feel as though I'm rediscovering something that's been deeply hidden within me. Always there, just underneath conscious thought... new but deeply familiar. I look forward to my journey here and connecting with like-minded people. Blessings to you!

Hello Janine :hiya:

Welcome to OBODs online Forums. Please do enjoy the Members Only section where you'll find all things Bardic. To join then follow this link...viewtopic.php?f=247&t=30632

You'll also find further info and resources about us just here ... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

If there's anything you need, then give us a shout!

Cheers,

Heddwen :)

WyldeLyfe

Postby WyldeLyfe » 19 Sep 2017, 14:36

Hello,

My name is Rebecca, I am 46 years old, and live in North Texas. I have been a multi-religious person growing up, an agnostic as of late, and am just dipping my toes back into "religious" waters as I seek meaning in my later years. Druidry ties me to the earth and nature, which is where I have always found the deepest meanings. My life has been packed full, and I think there have been many lessons for my soul. My hope is to find peace and meaning, and a way to pass on some of my knowledge from lessons hard learned.

Peace.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 19 Sep 2017, 15:14

WyldeLyfe wrote:Hello,

My name is Rebecca, I am 46 years old, and live in North Texas. I have been a multi-religious person growing up, an agnostic as of late, and am just dipping my toes back into "religious" waters as I seek meaning in my later years. Druidry ties me to the earth and nature, which is where I have always found the deepest meanings. My life has been packed full, and I think there have been many lessons for my soul. My hope is to find peace and meaning, and a way to pass on some of my knowledge from lessons hard learned.

Peace.

Welcome here Rebecca :shake:

PLease make yourself at home and give us a shout if you need anything :)

Cheers,

Heddwen. :D

Bump
OBOD Bard

Postby Bump » 22 Sep 2017, 12:16

Greetings, I'm Bump. I'm 47 and live in the NE of England. I have just started the Bardic grade which is very exciting for me as discovering that druidery is what I have been believing all these years, but not knowing about it, has been quite a discovery.

I love my cats and other pets. I'm particularly drawn to rocks, pebbles and stones and I plant small trees in my small garden.

:)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 22 Sep 2017, 13:47

Bump wrote:Greetings, I'm Bump. I'm 47 and live in the NE of England. I have just started the Bardic grade which is very exciting for me as discovering that druidery is what I have been believing all these years, but not knowing about it, has been quite a discovery.

I love my cats and other pets. I'm particularly drawn to rocks, pebbles and stones and I plant small trees in my small garden.

:)

Oh Wow, Bump - we seem to have had similar experiences. I hadn't realise that there was a name for what I was doing either. :wink: Good to have you here on the Forums. Have you found your way to the Bardic Hall yet? It's through the Members Only section ... viewtopic.php?f=247&t=30632

Also there are some useful links here to get you started...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

Anyhoo, if you get lost please give us a shout....happy to help!

Best wishes,

Heddwen. :)

Bump
OBOD Bard

Postby Bump » 22 Sep 2017, 13:51

Ooo, thank you, I shall take a look at those :)

Runefang
OBOD Bard

Postby Runefang » 22 Sep 2017, 21:37

Hi, I'm Runefang (corny I know, but I couldn't think what to put now I'm stuck with it), old enough to be uncomfortably conscious of my great age and impending decline :old: , and recently registered as a piggy-back member alongside my wife's membership as we follow the Bardic grade together.

As I begin to study about Druidism I am increasingly surprised at how many things that are important to the Druid Way are already present in my life, in my personal philosophy and in my spiritual path. It is quite exciting and yet I don't want to become too excited in case it all goes horribly wrong, I am a bit of a pessimist(a lot of one some might say).

I have absolutely no idea how to go about registering on here as a full Bardic member but it is early days yet and what little research I have done seems to indicate I do have at least until 1st November to sort it out. I need peace in my life and this looks to be a good first step along the way.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 22 Sep 2017, 22:49

Runefang wrote:Hi, I'm Runefang (corny I know, but I couldn't think what to put now I'm stuck with it), old enough to be uncomfortably conscious of my great age and impending decline :old: , and recently registered as a piggy-back member alongside my wife's membership as we follow the Bardic grade together.

As I begin to study about Druidism I am increasingly surprised at how many things that are important to the Druid Way are already present in my life, in my personal philosophy and in my spiritual path. It is quite exciting and yet I don't want to become too excited in case it all goes horribly wrong, I am a bit of a pessimist(a lot of one some might say).

I have absolutely no idea how to go about registering on here as a full Bardic member but it is early days yet and what little research I have done seems to indicate I do have at least until 1st November to sort it out. I need peace in my life and this looks to be a good first step along the way.

Hiya Runefang - I like the name :grin: and you've certainly come to the right place. I'm glad that you are enjoying the course along side your wife :)

You can register as a Bardic Member by following this link...viewtopic.php?f=247&t=30632 There it will tell you all you need to know before November1st.

There's also this useful link that gives further info about us ... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

Any problems, give us a shout :D

Cheers for now,

Heddwen :awen:

Angie Shimmermystt
OBOD Bard

Postby Angie Shimmermystt » 23 Sep 2017, 00:49

Welcome, Runefang!!
What happens on Nov. 1st?
Angie Shimmermystt :)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 23 Sep 2017, 10:19

Angie Shimmermystt wrote:Welcome, Runefang!!
What happens on Nov. 1st?
Angie Shimmermystt :)

Hi Angie, this is happening on November 1st.... viewtopic.php?f=345&t=47561&p=483092#p483092

cheers,

Heddwen, :)

Return to “The Hearthfire”