INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby Heddwen » 17 Oct 2017, 22:13

Hi,

I'm Waldfrau. I'm just starting with the Bardic course. I've registered for the English version with text and audio-CDs, so I can listen to the "originals". (Well, I learned some poems and stuff are from Welsh and other non-English sources so I already learned a couple of new words like "glen" and "gwers" ;) ) I tried the "info-package" before I registered the course and really like the mix of exercises, poems and info...so I think the Bardic course will give me a lot of food for mind & soul ;)

I'm 35 years old and from Germany. I'm pagan since 10 years, mostly eclectic witchcraft. I practice seasonal celebrations with a little group of other witches. I hope to get new impulses from druidry and to deepen my connection with nature (I love plants and trees and forests...). I'm also interested in Celtic lore and want to learn more about it (plants, animals, deities, stories, places). (I still don't get the pronounciation of most stuff.)

(For those who know me from the German druidry forum, I have the same forum name there.)

Many Blessings

Waldfrau
Greetings and welcome Waldfrau :hiya: from the end of a sunny day in west Wales!

So pleased that you are enjoying the course. Have you joined the Members Only section of this Forum yet? You can do so by following this link - it will explain everything including the changes that are happening here on November 1st... viewtopic.php?f=345&p=483092#p483092 (basically we are going to be Members Only)

You can also find some further background information about OBOD and Druidry in general here... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

Any questions then ask freely....happy to help :)

With many Blessings,

Heddwen :warm:

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 17 Oct 2017, 23:28

Hi,

I'm Waldfrau. I'm just starting with the Bardic course. I've registered for the English version with text and audio-CDs, so I can listen to the "originals". (Well, I learned some poems and stuff are from Welsh and other non-English sources so I already learned a couple of new words like "glen" and "gwers" ;) ) I tried the "info-package" before I registered the course and really like the mix of exercises, poems and info...so I think the Bardic course will give me a lot of food for mind & soul ;)

I'm 35 years old and from Germany. I'm pagan since 10 years, mostly eclectic witchcraft. I practice seasonal celebrations with a little group of other witches. I hope to get new impulses from druidry and to deepen my connection with nature (I love plants and trees and forests...). I'm also interested in Celtic lore and want to learn more about it (plants, animals, deities, stories, places). (I still don't get the pronounciation of most stuff.)

(For those who know me from the German druidry forum, I have the same forum name there.)

Many Blessings
Waldfrau
Hello Waldfrau :hiya: Welcome :shake:

And yes, please follow Heddwen's Instructions so we don't lose you in November. :where: :) If you have any questions just shout. :toot:

Cheers,
Michael :tiphat:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

Waldfrau
OBOD Bard

Postby Waldfrau » 18 Oct 2017, 20:20

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) :warm:
And yes, please follow Heddwen's Instructions so we don't lose you in November. :where: :) If you have any questions just shout. :toot:
Everything worked, I can access the bardic forums in English and German. :)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 18 Oct 2017, 20:23

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) :warm:
Everything worked, I can access the bardic forums in English and German. :)
You're very welcome :shake: Enjoy!

Remington
OBOD Bard

Postby Remington » 24 Oct 2017, 01:34

Hello everyone,

My name is Remington and I am 23 living in Michigan in the United States. I just started the bardic grade, but I am also finishing up my university studies, so it's been difficult to study both materials at the same time. I hope that after graduating in December I can focus more of my energy on studying the gwersi.

: )

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 24 Oct 2017, 09:03

Hello everyone,

My name is Remington and I am 23 living in Michigan in the United States. I just started the bardic grade, but I am also finishing up my university studies, so it's been difficult to study both materials at the same time. I hope that after graduating in December I can focus more of my energy on studying the gwersi.

: )
Hi Remington :shake:

A big welcome to you :shake: Have you joined our Members Only section yet? Just click on this link and it will give you all the information that you will need...viewtopic.php?f=345&p=483092#p483092 As you will see, we are going to be Members Only Forum in a weeks time, so you need to join up within a week. There you will find the route to the Bardic Grove and some great discussions to boot!

Good luck with the graduation and with the OBOD course. Any questions then give us a shout!

with many Blessings,

Heddwen. :)

Jacquie58

Postby Jacquie58 » 27 Oct 2017, 10:35

Hi,my name is Jacquie and after a long while I've decided to start the Bardic course, still searching for answers but feel this is where I will find them! I'm from England not far enough from London unfortunately! However where I live there are farms and woods so it could be worse!

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 27 Oct 2017, 11:04

Hi,my name is Jacquie and after a long while I've decided to start the Bardic course, still searching for answers but feel this is where I will find them! I'm from England not far enough from London unfortunately! However where I live there are farms and woods so it could be worse!

Sounds like an ideal place for a druid!

Hello and welcome Jacquie58 :hiya:

Have you joined up to the Members Only Forum yet? It can be found by following this link... viewtopic.php?f=345&p=483092#p483092 We're in for a big change over on November 1st, the link will explain everything. :wink:

Also, just to get you started there's some good resources here as well... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

If you have any questions then do give us a shout, we're happy to help. :)

With many Blessings,

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 27 Oct 2017, 12:10

Sounds like an ideal place for a druid!

Hello and welcome Jacquie58 :hiya:

Have you joined up to the Members Only Forum yet? It can be found by following this link... viewtopic.php?f=345&p=483092#p483092 We're in for a big change over on November 1st, the link will explain everything. :wink:

Also, just to get you started there's some good resources here as well... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

If you have any questions then do give us a shout, we're happy to help. :)

With many Blessings,

Hello Jacquie :hiya: Good to have you here. :shake: And please do what Heddwen says about registering in the Bards Forum. We do not wish to lose you on November 1st. :where: Cheers.

- Thoreau

Corbiniane
OBOD Bard

Postby Corbiniane » 27 Oct 2017, 12:38

I already introduced myself in the Bardic Introductions, but I thought a short version here wouldn't come amiss.

Random rambling facts:

I'm a 43 year old biologist and editor from Southern Hessia, which is right in the middle of Germany. We've got a son, a daughter and a catastrophe (dog, I mean). We used to have a black tomcat, but after the catastrophe he very wisely decided to move to our neighbours'.

I love coffee - and I mean LOVE - and English tea (Yorkshire tea and Glengettie are my absolute favorites, I bulkorder them twice a year).

I read voraciously and almost exclusively in English, as I hate translations into German. Most are just so bad. And English is so much more beautiful. I also find that I can express some ideas or feelings much more precisely and elegantly in English than in German, even if I don't always get the grammar right.

I've always been a plant and tree lover, and due to having a biologist father, I was able to name most of our common ones by the time I was 9 or so.

When I was 14, I mailordered a spindle and a few pounds of fleece (wool) and taught myself to spin and plant dye wool. (There a still some shoeboxes filled with dried dandelion roots somewhere in my parents' house.) This to illustrate the kind of child I was ...

I was raised in the faith of science and had a really hard time coming to terms with my ever-growing need for spirituality. By now I've developed a real craving for ritual (that is, seasonal celebrations. Sorry, the terminology hasn't settled yet), which I can't seem to satisfy by myself.

I decided to join OBOD some months back and was finally able to do so about two weeks ago after coming into a little bit of extra money. I decided on the print and audio version (splurge a little), because I love to listen to English and also feel a great need to pronounce the Welsh terms right. Forvo can't help with all of them :grin:

So now I'm looking forward to starting with the first gwers, which I decided (hi Waldfrau) to do Samhain week.

Blessings,
Corbiniane
"Most of the doing is not-doing and all the results occur naturally when one is not striving to achieve them."
~Jan Fries

"This is beauty and this is beauty, and you are beauty, and love is beauty and we are beauty. We are divine, unchanged by time"
~Amy Tan

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 27 Oct 2017, 13:21

That's rather splendid! Welcome to OBOD! :D

Endarius
OBOD Bard

Postby Endarius » 12 Nov 2017, 22:26

Salutations,

I am 31 and 3/4 years of age. Roughly.

I live in the prairies of central Canada. Which have just recently been draped in snow. Good thing I have much reading material on the way.

I just finished the introductory package and am now enrolled in the Bardic grade and enjoying it immensely so far. It feels like coming home. I look forward to interacting with those who are reckless enough to engage me in conversation.

:spiral:

Blessings all.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 12 Nov 2017, 22:47

Salutations,

I am 31 and 3/4 years of age. Roughly.

I live in the prairies of central Canada. Which have just recently been draped in snow. Good thing I have much reading material on the way.

I just finished the introductory package and am now enrolled in the Bardic grade and enjoying it immensely so far. It feels like coming home. I look forward to interacting with those who are reckless enough to engage me in conversation.

:spiral:

Blessings all.
Welcome to the OBOD Forum Endarius :shake:

It's good to have you with us. :) This post (click here): viewtopic.php?f=247&t=46165 will give you easy access to the Order's online resources. Make yourself at home and if you have any questions just ask. :warm:

Cheers,
Michael :tiphat:

- Thoreau

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 12 Nov 2017, 23:29

Hello and welcome Endarius :shake:

trinitylaurel
OBOD Bard

Postby trinitylaurel » 13 Nov 2017, 04:30

Hello! I introduced myself in the Bardic thread as well. I'm 30 and I live in northern FL aka southern GA, where it can't quite decide if it's a swamp or a meadow... Global warming is adjusting my garden picks as my environment seems to evolve from subtropical to just plain tropical! But on the bright side, suddenly I'm just not as worried about any frosts killing citrus...
*I'm dreaming of a lukewarm... Christmas...*

Currently I'm reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. This psychoanalytical divination hobby is on top of beginning by Bardic studies, planning a wedding, trying to start a Permaculture Farm and Natural Health business, studying The Craft, playing Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch, and working full time... I guess I like staying busy! Must be all the Ginseng and Ashwagandha. :D

I'm excited to correspond with like-minded people!
“Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 13 Nov 2017, 09:00

Hello! I introduced myself in the Bardic thread as well. I'm 30 and I live in northern FL aka southern GA, where it can't quite decide if it's a swamp or a meadow... Global warming is adjusting my garden picks as my environment seems to evolve from subtropical to just plain tropical! But on the bright side, suddenly I'm just not as worried about any frosts killing citrus...
*I'm dreaming of a lukewarm... Christmas...*

Currently I'm reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. This psychoanalytical divination hobby is on top of beginning by Bardic studies, planning a wedding, trying to start a Permaculture Farm and Natural Health business, studying The Craft, playing Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch, and working full time... I guess I like staying busy! Must be all the Ginseng and Ashwagandha. :D

I'm excited to correspond with like-minded people!

Hi trinitylaurel :hiya: welcome to OBOD and to the Forums.

Please make yourself at home and if you have any questions, then do ask - we're here to help :)

This link... viewtopic.php?f=247&t=46165 will give you access to online resources so it's a good place to start.

With many Blessings,

Heddwen :D

tinka
OBOD Bard

Postby tinka » 15 Nov 2017, 13:41

Hi, My name is Tina and I'm a semi-retired grandmother of a five-year-old little girl. I live in Dublin, Ireland. I have a camper van (RV) and love to travel around the island for gatherings and festivals. Last summer a shaman suggested that I might be interested in Druidry. I had never thought about it before but after reading about it online I signed up for the bardic course. I love creative writing, fantasy fiction and poetry. I look forward to meeting other Bards online and in person.

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid

Postby Michael C. Page » 15 Nov 2017, 15:44

Hi, My name is Tina and I'm a semi-retired grandmother of a five-year-old little girl. I live in Dublin, Ireland. I have a camper van (RV) and love to travel around the island for gatherings and festivals. Last summer a shaman suggested that I might be interested in Druidry. I had never thought about it before but after reading about it online I signed up for the bardic course. I love creative writing, fantasy fiction and poetry. I look forward to meeting other Bards online and in person.
Well hello Tina :D Welcome to the OBOD Forum :shake: Make yourself at home. :warm:

- Thoreau

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 15 Nov 2017, 17:19

Hi Tina! .... from a damp and misty mid west Wales :hiya:

Your camper van adventures sound brilliant - makes me want to run out and buy one myself!!!

So pleased that you found druidry. This link will provide further resources about us, so please take a look... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165 it will help get you started.

I hope that you have found the Bardic discussions on this Forum, there you will find all things to do with the Bardic Course and if you have any questions, then give us a shout :)

Cheerio,

Heddwen. :awen:

trinitylaurel
OBOD Bard

Postby trinitylaurel » 15 Nov 2017, 17:23

Hi! I'm not like these cool people who have the links all ready for you, but there is a section here dedicated to sharing your creative endeavors. I hope to see some of your writing there!
“Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Return to “The Hearthfire”