What did you learn today...?¿

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
SarahMae

Re: What did you learn today...?¿

Postby SarahMae » 07 Jun 2016, 19:16

I learned (and have been learning) that journaling is Absolutely Integral to my spiritual and personal path. Since plunging headlong down the druidry path a few weeks ago (although I realized I've been sort of wandering around on it for years without realizing it, kind of going "what is this random path and why do I like it?" without having a name for it or ever actually following it for real), I've taken dozens of pages of notes, started a journal specifically for my druidry practice, etc.

I've journaled off and on for years (basically my whole life), but this has become absolutely vital to my practice and study, and that's been a revelation.
“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” -John Muir :acorns:

markdouglas
OBOD Bard

Postby markdouglas » 21 Jul 2016, 06:49

I saw this article about a spectacular 3000 year old bronze age archeological site in the UK... and thought this would be a good forum to share it in: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/architect ... index.html

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 21 Jul 2016, 15:51

I saw this article about a spectacular 3000 year old bronze age archeological site in the UK... and thought this would be a good forum to share it in: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/architect ... index.html

Ooh Interesting article :)

markdouglas
OBOD Bard

Postby markdouglas » 25 Jul 2016, 19:11

Here's another awe inspiring article I came across that I thought might interest this forum...

German Forest Ranger Finds That Trees Have Social Networks Too
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/world ... m=Facebook

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 25 Jul 2016, 21:07

Thanks for the link - I did learn something new today :wink: :grin:

Squish

Postby Squish » 11 Sep 2016, 14:18

Communication is breathing.
Breathing is communication.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 11 Sep 2016, 15:24

Communication is breathing.
Breathing is communication.
Welcome here Squish....cute avatar! :grin:

BirchBubble
OBOD Bard

Postby BirchBubble » 07 Oct 2016, 08:12

Hi All,
So, since beginning my journey I have happened across loads of interesting things and also been able to put a name to what I have believed for a long time. In hindsight, I've had pagan beliefs for as long as I can remember, I just didn't realise it.

Anyhow, I learned today that the word for what I have always believed is "polymorphism" apparently. I believe in one source/great power that is manifested in lots of different forms. Like the different colours of the rainbow. Quite similar to what Hindu's believe I think.

I totally feel like I'm "coming home" :)

Xx

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 18 Jan 2017, 07:42

I was watching "Through the Looking Glass" and Time was telling Alice that she couldn't change the past but that she could learn from it, and I realized how much that saying applies to me. I learned today that I can shut the door to the past, and now my future looks so much brighter. :warm:
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

Silverwolf85
OBOD Bard

Postby Silverwolf85 » 04 Feb 2017, 05:09

I was visiting a second grade class teaching a guest lesson and I found out (or rather re-learned) that there is nothing one can do to get 36 seven and eight year olds to pay attention 15 minutes before the end of the school day after a week of special festivities, activities, and all sorts of fun. It was a good lesson, but the main teacher and I were having a blast listening to some of their remarks. They were DONE for the day! :-) :-) :-)

From under the firs,
Silverwolf
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” ―John Muir

Some of my personal musings can be found at the From Altar to Oak blog.

Erica
OBOD Bard

Postby Erica » 11 May 2017, 06:01

lewishubbard
OBOD Bard

Postby lewishubbard » 15 Jun 2017, 21:25

It's when you're the most doubtful that the world throws something astonishing in your face.

Oh, and plants have brains: http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an ... mine-grow/ :maple:

Dr Lipton might be able to explain more. His research is astounding and he's so enthusiastic: https://youtu.be/jjj0xVM4x1I
:falchead: :h: :e: :r: :o: :n:
:baldeagle: :h: :th: :r: :t:
:snake:

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 16 Jun 2017, 08:18

It's when you're the most doubtful that the world throws something astonishing in your face.

Oh, and plants have brains: http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an ... mine-grow/ :maple:

Dr Lipton might be able to explain more. His research is astounding and he's so enthusiastic: https://youtu.be/jjj0xVM4x1I

How wonderful. Welcome here

FoxofInari
OBOD Bard

Postby FoxofInari » 16 Jun 2017, 10:25

Today I learned that Spirit is still there for you always, even when you go 'away' from your studies for a few months, and the feeling upon returning is like a warm motherly hug :kitty:

lewishubbard
OBOD Bard

Postby lewishubbard » 17 Jun 2017, 09:42

Thank you for the warm welcome. :mracorn:

This is an exceptional story about a man from Majuli Island on the Brahmaputra River in East India: https://youtu.be/HkZDSqyE1do :donata: :treehug:

"Cut me before you cut my trees." Jadav Payeng
:falchead: :h: :e: :r: :o: :n:
:baldeagle: :h: :th: :r: :t:
:snake:

BronzDragonfly
OBOD Bard

Postby BronzDragonfly » 28 Jun 2017, 06:49

<def>Self-acceptance:</def> surrender to awareness of my reality, such as it is.
The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden《http://a.co/9HDozYv》.
May the Forest be with you, always.
No Other World:

Thom “Mormhran” Potter, Bard

Cindyswebb
OBOD Bard

Postby Cindyswebb » 26 Jul 2017, 18:38

I unfortunately learned that no matter how small the situation, some folks are afraid to tell the truth. They feel the need to not own up to even silly mistakes that don't even matter. I understand it coming from children, but not people in their 50's. It's as if they think you wont love them anymore, and putting it on other's. I am not sure how to feel about it, other than utter frustration. I need to learn how to sit back and let go. That is what I will work on today. Just Breath!
Blessed Be :duir: :trilithon:

FoxofInari
OBOD Bard

Postby FoxofInari » 07 Aug 2017, 21:44

Not so much but yesterday...

I learned that there is such a vast amount of Pagans in the UK! I attended my first Pagan pride in Nottingham and had a fantastic time! In the future, I hope to meet some of you!

Return to “The Hearthfire”