INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

A forum for informal conversation and friendly repartee. Please join us at the fire, introduce yourself and receive a hearty welcome! :grin:
Forum rules
Welcome to The Hearthfire! This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines. Host: Heddwen
Note: this forum is set to auto prune after a thread has not had a post or been viewed for 60 days.
tinka
OBOD Bard

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby tinka » 17 Nov 2017, 09:59

Hi Heddwen, Hopefully, I'll venture on the ferry to West Wales next summer in the camper and maybe add a few new locations to my map and calendar.

For now, I'm still trying to find my way into some Bardic discussions on the Forum but despite following the instructions I now find myself at a loss as to how to proceed. I always end up back at the start so I'm wondering should I start over, maybe I missed a step.

I'm getting on great with the course and happily connected to a fantastic mentor but the forums remain a mystery. Any suggestions would be welcome? Sorry to bother you with my confusion.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 17 Nov 2017, 10:52

Hi Heddwen, Hopefully, I'll venture on the ferry to West Wales next summer in the camper and maybe add a few new locations to my map and calendar.

For now, I'm still trying to find my way into some Bardic discussions on the Forum but despite following the instructions I now find myself at a loss as to how to proceed. I always end up back at the start so I'm wondering should I start over, maybe I missed a step.

I'm getting on great with the course and happily connected to a fantastic mentor but the forums remain a mystery. Any suggestions would be welcome? Sorry to bother you with my confusion.

Hi Tinka that's grand. :D

For access into the Bardic area, have you tried following this link.... viewtopic.php?f=345&p=484527#p484527

Just click on it and follow the instructions. If all else fails! try contacting the Admin people!!!

Let us know how you get on. :D

tinka
OBOD Bard

Postby tinka » 17 Nov 2017, 15:32

Hi! I'm not like these cool people who have the links all ready for you, but there is a section here dedicated to sharing your creative endeavors. I hope to see some of your writing there![/quote]

Hi, I'm still trying to figure out where to go and how to get there on the forum. Hope to find that section soon. Thanks for writing.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 17 Nov 2017, 16:28

Don't worry, I'm a bit like that as well :grin:

OK, Just click on this link and it will take you to the Creative Arts section of this Forum... viewforum.php?f=242

Happy Browsing!

Heddwen :D

Tracy G
OBOD Ovate

Postby Tracy G » 18 Nov 2017, 07:01

I'm still trying to figure out where to go and how to get there on the forum.
Hi Tina,

Welcome to OBOD!

It becomes much easier to read and navigate the forums once you’ve received the access level that’s appropriate to your grade. It doesn’t appear that you’ve been granted that access yet. May I ask if you’ve contacted obodforumaccess@druidry.org with the information that’s specified in step three of the thread at messageboard.druidry.org/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=47704?

You should receive a welcome letter within a few days of sending your information to that email address. At that time, a new designation of “OBOD Bard” will appear beneath your avatar and user name, and a great deal more of the forum should become visible to you.

Hope this helps! If you don’t receive a response to your email soon, please try resending your information, and just let us know if you’re still having difficulties.
“Herein therefore lies our present problem: to find forms of expression for the time-spirit of the seasons in such a way as to enrich the spirit of devotion to the soil, to express and to intensify co-operation with nature.”
...—Ross Nichols, “An Examination of Creative Myth,” in The Cosmic Shape (1946)

tinka
OBOD Bard

Postby tinka » 19 Nov 2017, 06:08

Thanks Tracy G, I've repeated step 3 and hopefully it will work this time.

I resent the email. I think I know what the problem is. The password appears to have been hidden and all that appears is three dots, this is because it was below my name and Gmail treated it as part of a signature and made it invisible. I've embedded my name in the email and the details should all be visible now.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 19 Nov 2017, 12:03

Fingers crossed then! I hope all is well for you this time. Our lovely Admins here are aware of the situation.....remember to check your junk emails too (I didn't when I first started) and we'll see you in the Bardic Forum hopefully.

Cheers,

Heddwen.

tinka
OBOD Bard

Postby tinka » 23 Nov 2017, 08:10

The problem is solved and I'm now in and ready to explore the conversations. Thanks for the help and the warm welcome.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 23 Nov 2017, 08:28

The problem is solved and I'm now in and ready to explore the conversations. Thanks for the help and the warm welcome.
Great news!

Michael C. Page
OBOD Druid
Location: In my dreams I'm Crooning at the Burgh Island Hotel

Postby Michael C. Page » 23 Nov 2017, 14:22

Oh Good -Well Done

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."
- Thoreau

My harp was sacrificed to the Honorable Snarg.

BreathingSince72
OBOD Bard

Postby BreathingSince72 » 13 Dec 2017, 22:27

45, living in Vacaville, California, United States.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 13 Dec 2017, 22:37

45, living in Vacaville, California, United States.
Hello and welcome here! :hiya:

RaidoBerkana
OBOD Bard

Postby RaidoBerkana » 15 Dec 2017, 20:07

Hello, I’m 20 and from Scotland. I joined about a year ago but have been struggling to balance the course with my uni work. Now it’s the holidays so I’m planning to dive into it. I was also at a gathering for the first time last week, and although I was nearvous wreck it did inspire me to join this forum :D

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 15 Dec 2017, 20:24

Hello, I’m 20 and from Scotland. I joined about a year ago but have been struggling to balance the course with my uni work. Now it’s the holidays so I’m planning to dive into it. I was also at a gathering for the first time last week, and although I was nearvous wreck it did inspire me to join this forum :D
Hiya RaidoBerkana

I, too, was very nervous at my first Gathering. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming so any fears that I did have were allayed pretty rapidly :)

I hope that you enjoy the course, the winter solstice is a good time to start.

Please feel free to have a good look around the Forums and give us a shout if you have any questions. A good place to get started is here, by clicking on this link... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46165

Cheerio,

Heddwen :D

Return to “The Hearthfire”